Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2010, 06:06 PM   #31
BOSHOG
avenge me

Quote:
Originally Posted by loftie
We are talking about sports cars here.... and power does have something to do with the selection process...

Its not everything... but its something.,.,,
are you comparing a GT to a sportscar?

sportscars are light and nimble, handle well and generally have 2 doors. a GT is a Grand Tourer. a 4 door saloon cant be compared to a sportscar
Old 05-07-2010, 06:10 PM   #32
388cube_edxr8
Nutty Professor

If you buy a rubbish car, what you are saying is "I have no interest in cars." If you have no interest in cars, you have no interest in driving, and if you have no interest in something, it means you're no good at it, which means you must have your driving license taken away.
Old 05-07-2010, 06:34 PM   #33
schnoods
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeah nah...

Ricers are different, but at the end of the day it all comes to preference and purpose. For me to fit in a Evo/WRX,Skyrine i would need a run up and to get out a pretty large prybar.

Horses for courses and forget the posers!

95 EF XR8, Advance headers, Vortech V2 t trim blower, Ported Cobra Manifold, Capa Switch Chip Eliminator. 307 rwhp 395 ft/lb 13.2 @ 105mph

Now NA- AFR 165 heads, 1.6RR, Ported Cobra 269rwhp 14.2 ... needs stall and 4.11's

1977 CL Chrysler Panel Van, 360, 727 torqueflite auto soon to be restored.
Old 05-07-2010, 06:36 PM   #34
BOSHOG
avenge me

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnoods
Yeah nah...

Ricers are different, but at the end of the day it all comes to preference and purpose. For me to fit in a Evo/WRX,Skyrine i would need a run up and to get out a pretty large prybar.

Horses for courses and forget the posers!
i recently sold my MY03 STI, and when i owned it i was 135kg, it had the most comfortable seats ive ever sat in. people who say they cant fit in them obviously havent tried
Old 05-07-2010, 06:52 PM   #35
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Delete post....
Old 05-07-2010, 07:04 PM   #36
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

rice is great with curry snags....
Old 05-07-2010, 07:07 PM   #37
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by loftie
We are talking about sports cars here....
Old 05-07-2010, 07:24 PM   #38
prydey
Rob

some of you guys need to open both eyes on the odd occasion. sure there are import owners out there who give the brands a bad name, but the same can be said for local cars and their owners.

how many falcon 6cyl's are getting around with GT style bodykits. what about all the commo's with hsv style kits. i'm sure that is impressive to everybody too. plenty of 6cyl fords running around with exhausts that are way too big for the power being produced. ditto for commo's.

as mentioned, many people critisize others to justify something of their own. by putting someone else down, they somehow feel they have raised themself up.

as for engines, the rb25/26 is right up there with the best 6cyl's ever made, esp straight 6's.
Old 05-07-2010, 07:41 PM   #39
Road Games

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Replacement. 
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottery beige
imports are great if you use poofy hair stuff.. and listen to girly music.....
Now that, is sig worthy ...

Old 05-07-2010, 07:51 PM   #40
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

European cars have better quality than Australian cars.
Japanese depend on where you go.

However, for the same money, you cannot get an imported saloon that seats 5 people comfortably, can fit a fair amount of luggage in the back, has a decent engine and has decent safety and comfort features.

I have a genuine issue with people that buy things just because they're expensive.
My view is that nobody cares what you drive, who you were, who you knjow, what you do or where you live. If you're going to do things to impress others, then don't bother because one day you'll be in the group, and it will be party-time for the wormies!

Personally speaking, I want an XB or C someday (not a fan of XA styling personally) and I don't care if people think it's a bad investment, if they look crap, or think I should have gone for something newer.
I want it because I love it.

I know many people that have bought expensive cars purely for their image...nothing else.

Don't snap my undies.
Old 05-07-2010, 07:51 PM   #41
AUIIPURSUIT
pursuit ute baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey
some of you guys need to open both eyes on the odd occasion. sure there are import owners out there who give the brands a bad name, but the same can be said for local cars and their owners.

how many falcon 6cyl's are getting around with GT style bodykits. what about all the commo's with hsv style kits. i'm sure that is impressive to everybody too. plenty of 6cyl fords running around with exhausts that are way too big for the power being produced. ditto for commo's.

as mentioned, many people critisize others to justify something of their own. by putting someone else down, they somehow feel they have raised themself up.

as for engines, the rb25/26 is right up there with the best 6cyl's ever made, esp straight 6's.
so glad someone else here has some sense. A bunch of you guys sound like one-eyed half wits, who really have no idea about the car scene outside of their own shoe box.
There's minorities who ruin it for majorities in every scene. I have owned a v6 holden, a 4cyl 2L turbo nissan, and now a v8 ford pursuit.

comments like,
Quote:
Originally Posted by pottery beige
imports are great if you use poofy hair stuff.. and listen to girly music.....
only drag yourselves down.

A true car enthousiast can see past badges.
Old 05-07-2010, 08:05 PM   #42
SVD

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUIIPURSUIT
so glad someone else here has some sense. A bunch of you guys sound like one-eyed half wits, who really have no idea about the car scene outside of their own shoe box.
There's minorities who ruin it for majorities in every scene. I have owned a v6 holden, a 4cyl 2L turbo nissan, and now a v8 ford pursuit.

comments like,
only drag yourselves down.

A true car enthousiast can see past badges.
+1

For instance, there was a BA/F XT (i think...it was the base of base specs) at winton saturday, Full GT-P kit and stickers and everything! and that was all, oh and painted stock calipers...
Now that is rice, Rice should not be country of origin related, it should just be modifications related...

I mean, if we look past engine size and compare a XR6T to a R33 GTS-T for example (or any RB turbo powered skyline)
they are both Straight 6 turbocharged rear wheel drive...
So seriously, some of you guys on here need to build a bridge and get the **** over it.
Old 05-07-2010, 08:07 PM   #43
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

agreed, enough bagging of something which is identical to what most of you do, just on a different level.
Closed Thread