Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 18-09-2005, 06:49 PM   #31
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

Perhaps there is hope in the guise of limited edition runs? (At the end of the BA/BF cycle)

240T wagon?
240T/manual Fairmont Ghia? (pinching ideas from Rob here)
260 or 290 LWB/Fairmont Ghia?
Fairmont/Ghia wagon?

I don't see Ford undertaking the engineering for dropping an 8 into the wagon though, unless the engine bay & front part of the chassis where the driveline is is identical to the sedans.

They might have some "special" names put in front of them. Would be a good way to wrap up sales. The most successful wrap-up model I can think of would be the XC Cobra. Ford had too many coupes left, so a special edition was made up ;)

And you can't say you don't want a Cobra eh :P

-Dave-
mcflux is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-09-2005, 06:52 PM   #32
jonbays
TL40 Wagon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghia5L
Perhaps there is hope in the guise of limited edition runs? (At the end of the BA/BF cycle)

240T wagon?
240T/manual Fairmont Ghia? (pinching ideas from Rob here)
260 or 290 LWB/Fairmont Ghia?
Fairmont/Ghia wagon?

I don't see Ford undertaking the engineering for dropping an 8 into the wagon though, unless the engine bay & front part of the chassis where the driveline is is identical to the sedans.

They might have some "special" names put in front of them. Would be a good way to wrap up sales. The most successful wrap-up model I can think of would be the XC Cobra. Ford had too many coupes left, so a special edition was made up ;)

And you can't say you don't want a Cobra eh :P

-Dave-
Daves got the right idea, The GT costs the same as the G220 so why not make a decent TL50 replacemnet a G290.

An XR6T wagon would be nice for me and useless.
jonbays is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-09-2005, 07:04 PM   #33
parawolf
beep beep

If you want a REALLY fast wagon.... Mitsubishi have announced that there will be EVO IX Wagons available in either GT (6 speed manual) or GT-A (5 speed auto) specification. Apart from a Nissan Stagea perhaps one of the fastest wagons going?
Old 19-09-2005, 01:42 AM   #34
Biggoggs
Rider on the storm

parawolf: Yea, but between a Falcon sedan and Evo wagon, I can guess which still has more room.

I thought about this a little while ago, and I can't see a `performance wagon' happening anytime soon. Wagons are mainly aimed at the `functionality' market (family, fleet, etc), and the sedan covers most people's needs and goes faster. Think about it- if you wanted to buy a brand-new xr* to go fast, you'd probably want the lighter, more aerodynamic, and better suspension-wise version.

That being said though, wagons have something of a following (I personally prefer them over the sedans), and still have fleet popularity so I can't see them dropping out of sight anytime soon. Besides, a nice looking wagon is more unique and attracts more attention in the sub-12 1/4 mile bracket
Biggoggs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-09-2005, 07:40 AM   #35
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 

Quote:
Originally Posted by parawolf
If you want a REALLY fast wagon.... Mitsubishi have announced that there will be EVO IX Wagons available in either GT (6 speed manual) or GT-A (5 speed auto) specification. Apart from a Nissan Stagea perhaps one of the fastest wagons going?
I am sure that the evo is a fast car but it looks like a roach. Same for the wrx.Nice fast car but a bit too small. I need a blokey car .

Single din radio fascias for fg to fgx fords Australia wide .

FG 1 2 and 3 gauge holder in stock now! https://stingraycar.com.au/shop/
Site Sponsor See Sponsor Stingray Car Security 😍👌✌

AU wagon 6 14.241@96.75 1/4 mile sold.Octane fg xr6 turbo!! 12.312 112.21 mph home tune f6 injectors gone ..now in nitro fgxr6t ready to go again
Stav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-09-2005, 08:21 PM   #36
lukey
www.lukehimself.net

hehe
Old 24-09-2005, 08:42 PM   #37
neb
hibernating

mmm i want one of them!
neb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-09-2005, 08:54 PM   #38
LUXO_8
windsor user

woah thats one hot lookin wagon

nice chop:P
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-09-2005, 09:07 PM   #39
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukey

hehe
I would buy one for sure.
Falcon Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-09-2005, 09:09 PM   #40
Biggoggs
Rider on the storm

Nicely done, there must've been a rift of creativity around the boards the past few days...

I wouldn't call myself a ricer, but I think I small lip spoiler on the back and a diffusor or two under the bumper would look nice.
Biggoggs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-09-2005, 10:16 AM   #41
irsa76
Snoopping

Ford won't produce a performance wagon because the market is really too small for the expense and hassle to develope one. Holden got away with it because the SS wagon was little more then a re optioned Berlina wagon, which was already available with the V8. As for the luxury wagons, you can option a futura up to the same level as the old Fairmont wagon but the cost is stupid, I mean $50,000 for a Falcon wagon?
irsa76 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-09-2005, 10:53 AM   #42
jonbays
TL40 Wagon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Stationwagon
Ford won't produce a performance wagon because the market is really too small for the expense and hassle to develope one. Holden got away with it because the SS wagon was little more then a re optioned Berlina wagon, which was already available with the V8. As for the luxury wagons, you can option a futura up to the same level as the old Fairmont wagon but the cost is stupid, I mean $50,000 for a Falcon wagon?
I wish you could but you can't get all the features of the AU fairmont wagon in the BA futura with all the available options believe it or not.

Mostly small stuff but things like climate control etc aren't available even as an option.
jonbays is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-09-2005, 12:27 PM   #43
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Who says a wagon would cost that much, it could be like the XR6, basically the same except for cosmetics.
Falcon Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-09-2005, 04:07 PM   #44
Ryan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukey

hehe
That looks awesome.

Maybe you should send it to FPV to give them some Ideas.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post