Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 20-02-2011, 03:54 PM   #1
pauljh74
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default How to get a Policeman's attention and a fine

Driving into the centre of Dandenong on Friday I had already noticed a police motorbike was behind me as I pulled up to a red light. I'm at the front, motorbike behind. On the other side are a few cars and a lady on a bike who looked both ways then went through the red light in full view of the policeman - who she should have been able to spot. It was 8:30 so it was getting dark - requiring lights, which she didn't have - and she wasn't wearing a helmet either. Upon seeing this the policeman felt he had no other alternative but to turn around and pull her over, where no doubt she would have received 3 infringements.

Let's say she had the helmet and no lights and didn't run a red, chances are she'd never been pulled over or pulled over and given a warning. 3 infringements at once and they aren't going to let you off with a warning.

And no, I don't subscribe to the "get all cyclists off the roads" way of thinking.

Not bad for a #2 driver
Mark Webber after winning the 2010 British Grand Prix.
Old 20-02-2011, 03:59 PM   #2
GT 160
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

This one time at band camp.....
Old 20-02-2011, 04:08 PM   #3
MAV50L
Banned

and then.......................
Old 20-02-2011, 04:14 PM   #4
mad-xa

hell i watched a truck do a line locker in front of a police car swerve all over the road run a red light and the cop didnt make a move to pull it over ...go figure
Old 20-02-2011, 07:23 PM   #5
chrisfpv
Browsing here and there..

Well I once saw a cop pull up at a Maccas car park, go inside and order some food. I was like what the hell?
Closed Thread