Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 12-10-2005, 09:12 PM   #1
steweyau

Default DTE and antenna

A couple of quick questions

Can the DTE on an AUII be recalibrated??

How do you you get at the antenna/aerial on an AUII? I need to replace mine.

cheers

steweyau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-10-2005, 09:44 PM   #2
xr8ute
Back on the road

Hmm...not sure what you mean exactly about recalibrating the DTE?

You can get to the aerial under the passenger side (front) wheel arch. Remove the plastic cover with the plastic plugs and metal tabs, then there will be a piece of foam that just pulls out, and there is the aerial ;)

AU XR8 Ute 13.90 @ 100mph - http://www.aufalcon.com/xr8ute
5L Windsor, GT40X heads, Crane 2030, Pacey 4-1s, Lukey 3", 3.91:1, auto. Tuned by me w/Quarterhorse and BinaryEditor.

Coming Soon: Ported lower intake, Tickford "Premium" Brakes, and a good wash.
xr8ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-10-2005, 10:23 PM   #3
AUXRVIII
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Changing your driving style is a form of DTE recalibration.
AUXRVIII is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-10-2005, 08:56 AM   #4
steweyau

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUXRVIII
Changing your driving style is a form of DTE recalibration.
Apologies, when DTE says 30 km to empty there is around 25 litres of fuel (gas) left according to the difference between the book (116 litres) and the pump (90 litres). My question is can this be re calibrated so it's 10 litres (or similar)

cheers
Old 13-10-2005, 10:38 AM   #5
xr8ute
Back on the road

Is that factory LPG or Aftermarket?

The DTE is a calculated value based on fuel usage and tank size. It should technically be possible to change the value for the tank size. No idea who/how you would go about this though...Maybe AU Edit?

AU XR8 Ute 13.90 @ 100mph - http://www.aufalcon.com/xr8ute
5L Windsor, GT40X heads, Crane 2030, Pacey 4-1s, Lukey 3", 3.91:1, auto. Tuned by me w/Quarterhorse and BinaryEditor.

Coming Soon: Ported lower intake, Tickford "Premium" Brakes, and a good wash.
xr8ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-10-2005, 11:04 AM   #6
steweyau

factory LPG (e-gas). I understand how the DTE works. It just seems to have a much smaller tank entered than the car actually has.

What is AU edit?? I'll start searching now.

cheers
steweyau
Old 14-10-2005, 11:09 PM   #7
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

With an LPG tank ... you can only fill to 90% of the actual capacity ... it's a safety feature (gas expansion on hot days). You will only be able to fill to a maximum of 90L ... (although i managed 96L .. but that's a different story).

DTE still works as it is supposed to though ... but can be flakey though ... I don't trust it 100% ... I just go off how many KMs I have travelled.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-10-2005, 01:49 AM   #8
Walkinshaw
Two > One

LPG by law is max 80% fill. 80L tank will fill to 64L etc

Walkinshaw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-10-2005, 07:00 AM   #9
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walkinshaw
LPG by law is max 80% fill. 80L tank will fill to 64L etc
Sorry me wrong ... damn nightshifts screwing with my head ... I meant 90L for my ute (normally 110L) .. so 80% .. hee hee.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-10-2005, 10:10 AM   #10
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechan1k
With an LPG tank ... you can only fill to 90% of the actual capacity ... it's a safety feature (gas expansion on hot days). You will only be able to fill to a maximum of 90L ... (although i managed 96L .. but that's a different story).
Did you see the story on A Current Affair or similar show? All about dodgy serv pump readings. A guy put 25 litres into an 18 litre tank and so on.

Stinking thieves!

GK
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post