Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 08-06-2011, 02:47 PM   #31
rancidpunx
FPV GTR

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For technical contribution to all things car-care related. And helping/advising forum members with the best possible information. 
Default Re: hit and run - now what?

WTF???

SO if you were involved in an accident with another vehicle that was at fault consequently writing your car off, and then he other party whos car still runs decided bugger this and legs it, RACV would tell you to get stuffed unless you can remember their number plate?
- Veridian Green PJ Ranger XLT -
The Work Truck

Last edited by rancidpunx; 08-06-2011 at 02:53 PM.
rancidpunx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-06-2011, 06:30 PM   #32
mrbaxr6t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

rancidpunx : my car was nudged leaving paint transfer and in my eyes substantial damage, I did not do nor did I cause the accident as the vehicle was parked in a carpark, the manure heap that did the damage drove off leaving me a damaged car for which according to my insurance company they will not pay to fix unless I can give them the at fault parties' details, I cannot do that so they are straight up refusing to repair, its a moot point anyway because the repair cost is below my excess, but should it happen again and the damage be several thousand they won't take my excess and fix the car, needless to say I am in the market for a new insurance company for three cars and my home and contents their attitude toward the people they insure is terrible

Holden special vehicles - for special people
mrbaxr6t is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-06-2011, 10:04 PM   #33
rancidpunx
FPV GTR

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For technical contribution to all things car-care related. And helping/advising forum members with the best possible information. 

mate, I didnt mean anything bad towards yourself, I was gob smacked at your insurance companies lack of competence.

Any contact in my eyes is substantial, if people cant drive around without bumping into things they should not be driving. I hope you get it sorted and give your insurance company the finger.
- Veridian Green PJ Ranger XLT -
The Work Truck

rancidpunx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-06-2011, 12:16 AM   #34
xisled
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbaxr6t
rancidpunx : my car was nudged leaving paint transfer and in my eyes substantial damage, I did not do nor did I cause the accident as the vehicle was parked in a carpark, the manure heap that did the damage drove off leaving me a damaged car for which according to my insurance company they will not pay to fix unless I can give them the at fault parties' details, I cannot do that so they are straight up refusing to repair, its a moot point anyway because the repair cost is below my excess, but should it happen again and the damage be several thousand they won't take my excess and fix the car, needless to say I am in the market for a new insurance company for three cars and my home and contents their attitude toward the people they insure is terrible

I think you are missing what they are saying. I'm guessing they will not repair the car because your excess is higher than the repair bill. They are saying if you have the other persons details they will not charge you an excess. Do some research with RACV PDS that should give you, your answers. If the damage was higher than your excess they would cover it.
xisled is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post