Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 02-11-2005, 09:39 PM   #1
ef5l

Default dyno'd my ef

currently getting my ttv8 ef tuned got a call to say it made 250kw at the wheels on a very safe tune as apparently ef v8 are prone to head gasket problems when forced indction added, im not complaining scince it is an unopened 5l with e7 heads and ho manifold. next step comeing up soon im planing on ported gt40p heads better head gasket and better inlet manifold. my plan is to see how much a untouched bottom end will take, one day want a dart block alloy heads etc but until then im pretty happy with it..

ef5l is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-11-2005, 09:54 PM   #2
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

250rwkw... respectable ;) Imagine the torque though!

I've heard that the exhaust gaskets in particular need careful attention.
mcflux is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-11-2005, 09:55 PM   #3
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Nice result for a safe tune, do you have a driveline beefy enough to take an unsafe tune ?
Falcon Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-11-2005, 09:57 PM   #4
EFFalcon
Last warning

wow.. thats awesome!
what boost are you running at the moment?
DAILY - BA Fairlane Ghia, Boss 260 Turbo
OFFROADER - Ford Explorer
EFFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-11-2005, 10:09 PM   #5
ef5l

7 or 8 pound but not sure tell you tommorow when i pick it up, the auto is still stock for the moment until it breaks, diff is rebuilt bigger clutch packs 3.9 gears etc.. i had trouble with my exaust manifolds leaking as they were warped but they are machined now but id rather a blown exaust gasket then a head gasket
Old 02-11-2005, 10:11 PM   #6
FordFan86
meow

Whoa, now that is impressive.
FordFan86 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-11-2005, 10:13 PM   #7
needfordspeed
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member1

Nice! Nothing better than a TTV8 falcon.......Got any pics??
1988 EA S-Pack|MPI|LSD|AIT turbo manifold|Garrett GT3540|3" Exhaust turbo back|Cooler|Sports ryder shocks|Pedders lows|Resprayed|Microtech LT8s|60lb Injectors|Bosch 044 with surge tank|3000 RPM stall|Ported AU head|Turbo grind cam|Crow double valve springs|1.3mm MLS headgasket|C4 Conversion|Built bottom end|Custom plenum|10.6@125MPH
needfordspeed is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-11-2005, 10:18 PM   #8
ef5l

ill try get some tommorow but i really have to neat up my engine bay it is a brothel.