Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 27-10-2011, 09:59 AM   #1
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Default Be a bloody legend.

http://www.creativereview.co.uk/cr-b...ink-driving-ad
Quote:
A new anti-drink driving campaign from New Zealand succeeds by not patronising its main audience and recognising how young people can find it difficult to tell friends not to drive drunk...

Clemenger BBDO Wellington's spot for the New Zealand Transport Agency aims to encourage young people to speak up if they feel someone they know is about to drive when drunk.

The impact of saying nothing is played out in the ad tongue-in-cheek style as a young man comes to terms will all the things that will happen to him should his friend be killed in an accident. Not the schmaltzy route this – instead, the man winces at the fact that he will probably have to live with his friend's family and that his friend's ghost will no doubt be on his case.

The spot, directed by Steve Ayson via The Sweet Shop in Auckland, is delivered brilliantly and, unusually for a drink driving campaign, with plenty of humour. But the campaign comes out of some fairly blunt statistics that the NZTA has for drink driving in New Zealand – and is the reason that the cast largely features Maori actors.

According to them, "over 40% of all drink-driving crashes involve drunk drivers under the age of 24 years. In all fatal or serious injury-related crashes in 2008-2010, 82% of the drinking drivers in those crashes are male. 34% of all drinking drivers in those crashes, and 38% of the young drivers, are Maori. One in five (19%) of all drinking drivers in crashes are aged 15-19, another 24% are 20-24."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIYvD...layer_embedded

Apart from the funny accents (Sorry to our NZ members) I reckon its a good ad, focus' a little more on the positives rather then the negatives and adds a little humour aswell, well done.

Old 27-10-2011, 11:11 AM   #2
Carrie On

Default Re: Be a bloody legend.

I love it, "you know I can't grab your ghost chups".
Carrie On is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-10-2011, 11:13 AM   #3
davenl5l
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

saw this on sunrise today good ad reminds me of swift & shift couriers lol
davenl5l is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-10-2011, 12:01 PM   #4
GTP owner
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

That is a great POSITIVE way to get a message across, instead of the patronising, belittling, negative promotions we have here. (Are you listening ACCC and TAC???)
E3 chubsport - fully fat (and slow), sitting there waiting for me to get sick of it and sell it.
BA XR6T for a daily
NT Pajero for the bush
XB 4 door project- swallows a BF xr6 turbo

My dad is a generous bloke. He gave away his dead car batteries free of charge....
GTP owner is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-10-2011, 03:30 PM   #5
BFZF8

I saw this on Jalopnik this morning. Hilarious ad!
BFZF8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-10-2011, 03:57 PM   #6
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

It'd never work over here, it's much to sensible.

Anyway, Commodore drivers would have trouble with words containing more than two syllables.
Old 27-10-2011, 03:59 PM   #7
FPVGT500
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Epic Win atleast they are doing a 10x better job than the Rort Traffic Authorities (RTA)
FPVGT500 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-10-2011, 04:13 PM   #8
Rodge
Banned

I havn't seen that one on T.V. here yet. Its designed to appeal to a certain demographic that perhaps some of the previous adds havn't quite reached yet. Previous adds have been better IMO with graphic images of crashing cars and hurting / killing your mates which is definitly not cool.

Marketing along the lines of "its not cool to drive drunk and risk your mates well-being" path seems to be working really well for the N.Z. authorities.
Rodge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-10-2011, 04:52 PM   #9
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasOLane
It'd never work over here, it's much to sensible.

Anyway, Commodore drivers would have trouble with words containing more than two syllables.
Oh that made me lol.
Old 27-10-2011, 11:01 PM   #10
burkie_21
wild xr8

haha awesome ad
burkie_21 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post