Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 30-10-2011, 09:31 PM   #61
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Default Re: Use of Indicators, Optional? You'd think so

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtxb67
why would there be a massive pile up. after you have passed the relevant entry and exit, you simply flick the indicator stalk up and then exit at your turn off

even with the pedestrian crossing, i don't understand what the problem is. you go when it is safe, you wait when it is not
The problem is the amount of cars that attempt to go through that roundabout, everyone is relying on indicators to make their move so one mistake on the indicators could cause an accident.

Plus you approach the roundabout, you're looking at cars in/around the roundabout when you approach, to see if you can get through not in front of you at the pedestrian crossing just in case someone is crossing. There is way too much going on there at once.
Old 30-10-2011, 09:49 PM   #62
tickfrd6

Happened to me on friday night. Was traveling in the left lane to turn left before i know it a lady in a lexus turns into my lane without indicating and hits me

Future mods:
19" staggered wheels
Clear side indicaters.

That is all
Old 30-10-2011, 09:54 PM   #63
Bridgette01
Happy Wife = Happy Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by tickfrd6
Happened to me on friday night. Was traveling in the left lane to turn left before i know it a lady in a lexus turns into my lane without indicating and hits me
I am always wary of this happening to me. I guess if you see some one indicating, you can ASSUME their intentions. But as the saying goes, "Assumption is the mother of all .... ups"

G6ET 2010 Seduce. Tax return = GTX upgrade DONE
Old 30-10-2011, 09:59 PM   #64
new2ford
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Damo
Which I deem as going "straight ahead".

You're basically just driving around an obstruction, but you're going straight (directly opposite) from the road you came out of.

In that gap road roundabout, never, ever will you indicate other than where you are turning, I bet you 100% if you tried the indicate left stunt you'd cause a massive pile-up.

Also here is the VicRoads website which mentions roundabouts, it says if practical signal left when you exit the roundabout so it is a law here:

http://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/Home/...oundabouts.htm

Under the section:

Going straight ahead
Are you referring to the Essendon one? I'd call that a bad piece of design not a roundabout. It's more a median with two U turn bays and a tramline right through it (a no-no for a roundabout). Between that and the heading "going straight ahead" in the road rules I'd put both down to being good examples of Vicroads incompetence. They've got no idea.

The "going straight ahead" mentality is what causes accidents as drivers in the major road speed through the blip in their progress (the "obstruction" as you call it!) to the detriment of those with equal rights trying to enter from side streets. The roundabout is supposed to a traffic calming and filtering device that treats all entering roads equally.

(where's Keepleft when I need him!)
Old 30-10-2011, 11:08 PM   #65
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 

The only thing stuck on a roundabout is this thread and it seems it can't find the indicator to get off.

Closed.