Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 30-11-2011, 09:07 PM   #31
cartaa100
FG POWER

Default Re: P Plate Company car.

if i get the car it will come out of my package for 3 years id rather a car that i want off my ps then pratically the same as my fg xr6 if you guys no what i mean, i dont have to get it but it will be cheaper having a company car than my own, just dont want the same car

dont get me wrong i would obvisously prefer a g6et for personal enjoyment, who wouldnt?

i get off my ps in abit over a year

http://fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11332753  
Old 30-11-2011, 09:19 PM   #32
Warrenk

Are you sure there is no age restrication as well. In Queensland( I think), regardless how long you have had you license you cannot drive a V8 or turbo car until you are over 25. If you don't get your licence until you are around or after you are 25 there is a time limit until you can drive the V8 or Turbo.
Old 30-11-2011, 10:22 PM   #33
nickdl

The whole law is a bit stupid really. People can't drive a GTi Golf but they can drive the R32 because it's an N/A V6. Nor can you drive a LandCruiser. Why don't they allow V8s and turbos but only if they have stability control and/or curtain airbags? It would certainly help to encourage people into safer new cars.
Old 30-11-2011, 10:35 PM   #34
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Go for a G6E... The new FG2 comes with some great standard features..

You do not need a turbo!!
2024.50 Mustang GT 10A Grabber Blue Nite Pony Package. Due Aug 24.
Old 30-11-2011, 10:41 PM   #35
Jim Goose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickdl
The whole law is a bit stupid really. People can't drive a GTi Golf but they can drive the R32 because it's an N/A V6. Nor can you drive a LandCruiser. Why don't they allow V8s and turbos but only if they have stability control and/or curtain airbags? It would certainly help to encourage people into safer new cars.
You can moan all you want, trouble is the under 25s have done it to themselves and given enough ammo to the pollies to restrict what they drive.

A large percentage of fatalities are under 25s who seem to think they have impressive driving skills and are bullet proof, but alas they arent.

Don't write off the Goose until you see the box going into the hole....
Old 30-11-2011, 10:59 PM   #36
lockieoc
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickdl
Haha, believe me I presented all the facts and figures to the RTA being that the GTi slower than a falcon, commodore and a Toyota aurion based on power to weight and it all fell on deaf ears. They prefer the stick your head in the sand approach.

Last edited by lockieoc; 30-11-2011 at 11:05 PM.
Old 30-11-2011, 11:17 PM   #37
drew`SEVNT5
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartaa100
if i get the car it will come out of my package for 3 years id rather a car that i want off my ps then pratically the same as my fg xr6 if you guys no what i mean, i dont have to get it but it will be cheaper having a company car than my own, just dont want the same car

dont get me wrong i would obvisously prefer a g6et for personal enjoyment, who wouldnt?

You have a snowflakes chance in hell of getting the exemption.

1. Car has not been bought yet, so no "oh, it is the only work car I can drive"
2. Every other car in the fleet would have to be 'P-Plate banned' as the XR6T/G6ET, otherwise they will ask why you can't drive that.
3. If this is a car that you buy with a car allowance, you will defiantly be ***** out of luck, because last time I checked, you don't need a turbo to carry 3-4 passengers.
4. You already own a car, so the question would be asked why don't you drive that, and get work to pay for it.

Do you time, stop being so impatient. Down here in Vic, I had to abide by the 125kw and/or 3.5L per 1,000kg restriction. I dealt with it. Waited till I was 22 to get my XR6T.

-2011 Nissan 370z Coupe (6M)-
-2006 Husqvarna SMRR450-
Old 30-11-2011, 11:24 PM   #38
devilcv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by d.jaime.v
you can get an excemption if its for work purposes but you are only eligble to drive it to and from work and/or working hours
Not in nsw. The exemption is either approved or it's not. There is no half assed approach.
Old 30-11-2011, 11:52 PM   #39
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockieoc
Haha, believe me I presented all the facts and figures to the RTA being that the GTi slower than a falcon, commodore and a Toyota aurion based on power to weight and it all fell on deaf ears. They prefer the stick your head in the sand approach.
No they prefer the "not stick you in a box in the ground" approach.

The judging parameters are partially experience and partially attitude.
Your time driving fails one while the fact that you will try anything to get around the law fails the other.
Old 01-12-2011, 12:09 AM   #40
SteveJH
No longer a Uni student..

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartaa100

Keep the XR6 until you get off your P's and then get the company car in that case.

Current:
2012 Ford Focus Sport - Petrol/Manual/Black
Old 01-12-2011, 12:14 AM   #41
svo supporter
Fixing Ford's **** ups

Modern N/A 4 bangers come from the factory with more willawasps that 70's era V8's. But the gov't coffers can't grasp that concept.

It's all about driver ability and unfortunately alot of young people don't have the ability to handle cars even though they think they atually can. Hence the reason why the younger generation are involved in more accidents than the older generation.

It doesn't matter whether you've got 60 airbags in the car, or a 50 point roll cage. If you can't handle a car properly, you're going to get seriously hurt or killed by being a goose behind the wheel.

Sorry for going off topic. For the thread proper. Why not ask the lawyers themselves whether they'll try for the exemption? Surely if there is a loophole (which I doubt), they'll find it and grant your wish.

Please read the manual carefully, as the these manufacturers spent millions of dollars making sure it is perfect.....Now why are there so many problems with my car, when I follow the instructions to the letter?....Answer, majority rules round here

Lock me up and throw away the key because I'm a hoon....I got caught doing 59 in a 60 zone
Old 01-12-2011, 10:25 AM   #42
Gobes32
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Best bet is to get your work to pay for your current vehicle and wait the next twelve months out.

I must admit, it is ironic seeing the holier than thou attitudes diplayed by some members especially after reading what half of you got up to when you were younger.
A G8E would be good if Ford marketed squarely at Calais V8 owners. They need to bring back the walking fingers like in the initial FG ads, but this time have the fingers crushing Calais' as they walk along, with some relaxing background Led Zeppelin music and Marcos Ambrose in stubbies and singlet driving it.
Old 01-12-2011, 10:28 AM   #43
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJM83
Why not just get a G6E? No need for an XR6T or G6ET, seems you only want it for your own benefit.
seconded.
Old 01-12-2011, 10:55 AM   #44
stevanford
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew`SEVNT5
Do you time, stop being so impatient. Down here in Vic, I had to abide by the 125kw and/or 3.5L per 1,000kg restriction. I dealt with it. Waited till I was 22 to get my XR6T.
x1000

I had to wait until I got off my Ps to get a G6ET. I only got one two weeks ago and I'm 23.
Old 01-12-2011, 11:52 AM   #45
lockieoc
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
No they prefer the "not stick you in a box in the ground" approach.

The judging parameters are partially experience and partially attitude.
Your time driving fails one while the fact that you will try anything to get around the law fails the other.
I actually inquired about the GTi to see if it would be illegible for the moderate performance vehicle exemption based on the facts I presented.

They knocked me back... well actually they stopped replying to my emails.
I'm not fussed, I was only looking for a nice daily runner.
Old 01-12-2011, 02:41 PM   #46
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'm another who says wait it out.
I waited to get off my P's to get my v8. But I have it now and I am happy. Worth the wait.

I think the rule is ******** because you cannot drive a v8 Land Cruiser. Its a V8 but its slower then most 6 cylinder sedans.
Old 01-12-2011, 03:29 PM   #47
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The V8/turbo rule exists because these are they type of vehicles that the majority of P platers who are "car enthusiasts" want to drive "enthusiasticly".

These are also the vehicles that are easiest to modify to extreme power outputs.

All the screaming and yelling comes from a small group of P platers most of whom want a powerful car so thay can play in it.

In the real world anyone, myself included, who says they drive a V8, turbo or any other performance vehicle "to tow the van" and not to play is just lying.

The difference between an open and P plater is that the open driver has 3 years actual road experience and is more likely to see a problem coming and avoid it or at least recover from it.

I have been to many track and skid pan days and have yet to see a P plater who was even remotely good at controlling their car in adverse situations. I am sure thay are out there but I am also sure that most who think they can but have not actually done it are in for a big fright.

Yes some V8s and turbos are not particularly potent and probably could be driven by P platers but if, for example, 253 Commodores were exempt there would be a huge scream from EXACTLY the same group that some Ford V8 should be and then 308s & 302s and it would go on for ever.

The rules are there for everyone. Exemptions are for actual needs not personal wants and nobody is "special".
Old 01-12-2011, 06:55 PM   #48
FPVGT500
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

These laws are stupid any car can be taken to 150+ these days and wrap a pole, why cant we take the risk and drive high powered and its our tough luck if we die in them or not, like a diahatsu charade is any safer or other matchboxes out there, cars should be based on safety ratings for P platers.
Old 01-12-2011, 07:02 PM   #49
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPVGT500
These laws are stupid any car can be taken to 150+ these days and wrap a pole, why cant we take the risk and drive high powered and its our tough luck if we die in them or not, like a diahatsu charade is any safer or other matchboxes out there, cars should be based on safety ratings for P platers.
ME, ME, ME, it is all about ME......you can drive any V8 or turbo you like....just not on the public roads where OTHER people may be killed when you die in them or not.......
Old 01-12-2011, 07:20 PM   #50
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPVGT500
So its ok for you to plow right into another family in their car? Now i know it can happen in any car.
But going from your post you are ineligible to drive a Turbo/V8 then yeah? If so deal with it FFS.
Old 01-12-2011, 07:27 PM   #51
rvsm
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobes32

I must admit, it is ironic seeing the holier than thou attitudes diplayed by some members especially after reading what half of you got up to when you were younger.
agreed.
Old 01-12-2011, 07:32 PM   #52
FPVGT500
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Like you said it can happen with any car, not trying to promote crazy driving on the roads i still reckon some P platers are not old enough to have their licence seeing the way they drive, there is still a small minority of us that suffer from these rules again its probably best to keep us away from such cars until the REAL idiots actually grow up.
Old 01-12-2011, 07:39 PM   #53
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvsm
agreed.
Did I get up some silly stuff....yes I did.

Was I hurt or killed....No.

Were people I know hurt or killed....YEP.

The difference was that the V8s would do maybe 160km/h and no one could afford them. My car (Kingswood) did maybe 130km/h flat out.

Back then I thought I was the most amazing driver in the world as did all my mates and surprisingly my old man and others disagreed and tried to keep me safe.

It was not until years later that I realised just how bad my friends and I were and how the "oldies" were actually right.

There is no way in the world that any P platers on here would even remotely entertain the idea that they are not amazing above average drivers who are in total control in any situation....and it is that attitude that is the key to the problem.

You want to find out just how good you really are?

Do a few track, skid pan and motokana days and see where you finish......
Old 01-12-2011, 07:48 PM   #54
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

I think we may have worked out why its not a good idea, if you want to know go to the RTA.
Closed Thread