Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 31-12-2011, 01:24 PM   #31
raptorv8
Banned

Default Re: Clarkson Insults Indians in TG Christmas Special in India.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJM83
Boo hoo. Onya JC
Yet another moderator pinged me for saying Indians Munch Curry...Bit of consistency would be nice
raptorv8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2011, 01:28 PM   #32
gtxb67
moderator ford coupe club

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptorv8
Yet another moderator pinged me for saying Indians Munch Curry...Bit of consistency would be nice
but that is considered racist

certainly the term curry muncher is, so it is not surprising you were pinged
gtxb67 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2011, 01:39 PM   #33
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

meh...they will just burn an effigy of him untill Austalia wins the test series this summer.

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Nikked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2011, 02:10 PM   #34
Chopped
as in chopped

How else would you know about the latest mobile phone deal if the Indians were not around.
Old 01-01-2012, 11:20 AM   #35
2011G6E
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Anyone who went to one of the Top Gear Live shows here would know he made merciless fun of Australians as well...

...the difference was that as Australians, we had a damn sense of humor and just laughed along with him, not get all offended and run for a lawyer...
2011G6E is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-01-2012, 11:30 AM   #36
Rodge
Banned

Have been watching some back series Top Gear on the BBC Knowledge Channell and the first time they went to America and bought those old cars for under $1,000 each and did that road trip they gave the American's a really hard time. They've been doing it for years and years so really did those self righteous Indians expect anything different ?

Clarkson and Co havn't changed over the years, what's changed is sadly some people are now so PC they can't stand others taking the ****.

Hands up all those who would like to make a career out of testing cars, being funny and politically incorrect and earning one million pounds per annum. Me first !!
Rodge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-01-2012, 12:38 PM   #37
chevypower
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodge
Have been watching some back series Top Gear on the BBC Knowledge Channell and the first time they went to America and bought those old cars for under $1,000 each and did that road trip they gave the American's a really hard time. They've been doing it for years and years so really did those self righteous Indians expect anything different ?

Clarkson and Co havn't changed over the years, what's changed is sadly some people are now so PC they can't stand others taking the ****.

Hands up all those who would like to make a career out of testing cars, being funny and politically incorrect and earning one million pounds per annum. Me first !!
well said, and so true. Not even their own get a free pass, and I am sick people playing the race card. I hope the BBC does not apologize.
chevypower is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-01-2012, 01:04 PM   #38
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptorv8
Wasnt any racism in my post.... dunno what your deal is.
Old 01-01-2012, 01:28 PM   #39
Kesh

I'm Indian, watched the episode, found nothing wrong with it. What he says should be taken with a grain of salt.

Trains are pretty damn atrocious over there as well, and with regards to the death toll, anyone who tries to argue that stating facts is racism should just stop.

Good jokes and no controversy seem to be mutually exclusive these days.
Kesh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-01-2012, 04:33 PM   #40
Assassinbm

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobramania
Yep, most of it coming from minority groups, who supposedly know better than everyone else, & are supposedly making the world a better place to live.
Remember that Simpsons episode with the cancellation of itchy & scratchy, & Michelangelo's David, & in the end Marge finally figured out, that 1 person really can make a difference, but most of the time they probably shouldn't!!
Wish more of the "do gooders" would figure that out & take that advice, then we all really would be better off & the world really would be a better place to live.

Bingo...... a few too many in this world really do need to take a tablespoon of cement & harden the flock up, if the world was rid of so called civil libertarians moaning about this & that, then we would be in a much better place,
This is my opinion, & you are all welcome agree, if not I don't care.....
Old 01-01-2012, 11:24 PM   #41
DJR-351
I am Groot
Donating Member3

Seriously the whole world needs to take a chill pill and lighten up

Take me back to the 60s and 70s anyday, todays world is full of political nut jobs and if i had my way, the whole lot of them would go up against the wall and..... sorry thats the best i could find...

....what happened to the gun toting smiles??? dont bother i know...

"Those were the days when the cars were cars, they weren't built out of an Ikea pack like they are now and clothed in plastic; they were real cars." John Bowe
DJR-351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-01-2012, 12:12 AM   #42
Carrie On

truly funny people are always going to upset the more erm...sensitive among us. they just need to develop thicker dermis.
Carrie On is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-01-2012, 10:29 AM   #43
2011G6E
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

http://au.news.yahoo.com/world/a/-/w...better-harvest

I'm not going to generalise...but news items like this make people wonder about countries that have "one foot in the 21st century, one in the 12th century"...
2011G6E is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post