Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 07-01-2012, 08:48 PM   #1
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Default Ford Everest or Endeavour

In the Age Drive today, there is briefly mentioned a seven seated based on the Ranger ute.

Has anyone heard further about this? Sounds intriging. If there's a thread, please point me to it.

Thanks.

Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Dusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2012, 09:09 PM   #2
music189
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Ford Everest or Endeavour

I have seen one at the Ford design studio when I did a tour of Ford I won in 2010
I wasn't concentrating properly as there was so much to take in and a lot of stuff was under covers as the design chief took us through the studio,it was the only car without a cover over it .I should have asked a few more questions
He did disclose it was based on the new (then unreleased)Ford Ranger,designed in Australia alongside the Ranger but with 7 seats in a Station wagon type body Looked ok but pretty big and we couldn't see inside but I guess it will be the same as the ranger
I suppose you could compare it to the Toyota Four-runner/Hi-Lux twins from a few years ago
It could also be harking back to the old Ford Raider a 7 seat Courier based wagon that was real popular in its day I even remember looking at one to buy way back. A friend did and held onto it for years it would not wear out and he loved it

I thought it strange we could see it undisguised as the Ranger prototypes were still running around the You Yangs test track in camouflage when I was there.

I reckon it could be a great alternative to the Jeep GC and Prado as it will be a real 4WD and the new Ranger has got a pretty good reception so far, but how much $ I don't know
music189 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2012, 09:25 PM   #3
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Going to be interesting. Could see the end of the Territory.

I was thinking Ranger when the lease on the Territory runs out, so this is going to throw something else into the mix.

With twin boys and a three year old now, in three years time, I'm going to need something to haul them and all the stuff around with me and my partner.
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Old 07-01-2012, 09:46 PM   #4
Airmon
King of the Fairy's.

Im not fully up to date on the new Ranger specs, but a good point to compare would be the Triton / Challenger.

So expect a full chassis, leaf springs, drum rear, and selectable 4x4 and a similar engine range to the Ranger obviously. At a guess at least.

Comparing it to a Prado or Jeep GC might be a bit premature and out of its class. I wouldn't be expecting trim or refinement to be right up there. Mitsubishi have the Challenger but then use the Pajero to go up against the Landcruiser and Jeeps. Got to remember that those cars are all a tad bigger, more space inside and a less work orientated cabin, with constant 4x4 , coil springs, disc brakes, etc.

So for the family hack you might still be better off with a Territory unless you really want the extra off road ability and space.

Not too sure how the Challenger is stacking up to Triton / Pajero sales, but it should be a good addition to the Ford line up regardless.
Airmon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2012, 09:49 PM   #5
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

You mean this?

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Road_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2012, 09:53 PM   #6
Luke Plaizier
Lukeyson
Donating Member1

Except that's a CGI someone did of Ranger bits on what looks like a US Escape rear end. The back wheel is out of proportion. But it's the closest thing we have for now.

Lukeyson
Old 07-01-2012, 09:55 PM   #7
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Hhhmmmmmmmmmm.

Looks ok. Maybe the dual cab has a bit more rear space.

Would that be going up against the Triton/Challenger?
Previous:
Old 07-01-2012, 09:56 PM   #8
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Think of this car as Ford's tag team with the Territory against the Kluger/Prado.

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Old 08-01-2012, 10:20 AM   #9
aquahead2001
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airmon
So expect a full chassis, leaf springs, drum rear, and selectable 4x4 and a similar engine range to the Ranger obviously. At a guess at least.
If its got leaf springs at the rear it will not be coming to Australia that's for sure. Nearly all its competitors, the Challenger, Pathfinder, Jeeps and even the Prado have coils and links. The Everest was totally outclassed in its current guise, and just wouldn't cut it here.

A new model will need to lose the cart springs if it is to be seriously considered for Australia.
Old 08-01-2012, 10:49 AM   #10
4VCLEVO
XA GT

I hope the real one has a bigger boot than the one in the picture.
Old 08-01-2012, 10:59 AM   #11
Joe5619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Is that picture a real picture from Ford of what the car will look like, or just someone playing in photo shop??
Joe5619 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-01-2012, 01:34 PM   #12
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Photoshop by a Brazilian car mag.

Old 08-01-2012, 03:23 PM   #13
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty1
Hhhmmmmmmmmmm.

Looks ok. Maybe the dual cab has a bit more rear space.

Would that be going up against the Triton/Challenger?
Challenger is built off Triton, Pathfinder is off Navara, Toyota also have the Fortuna based off Hilux thats not sold here, but would be one of its biggest rivals in Asia.

Guess which vehicle Ford Product Engineering have running around to benchmark.

The Fortuna. But god its ugly.

It would also make a good rival for Prado.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-01-2012, 03:29 PM   #14
Luke Plaizier
Lukeyson
Donating Member1

I wonder, if they go with the name 'Endeavour', will they spell it correctly here, or try to fob the name 'Endeavor' onto us. Let's hope they do their homework. Even the US Space Shuttle had the correct british spelling of Endeavour since it, like the other shuttles, were named after old Naval vessels.

lukeyson
Old 08-01-2012, 05:38 PM   #15
BrisVegas
Noobie

Bring it on. The Challenger is a good option for those who want off road ability and don't want all the bells and whistles of a Pajero. Prado is getting too expensive now, so it'd be good to see Ford in the mix at the affordable end. I'd seriously consider one in a couple of years when I replace the Pajero.
LS Focus Zetec 5dr - gone
WS Fiesta Zetec 5dr - gone
BrisVegas is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-01-2012, 06:10 PM   #16
z80
Banned

The Endeavour name is used by Mitsubishi north America.

It is basically the AWD chassis of the Mitsubishi 380 and Galant PS41 platform

Can't see Ford using the name personally as it is still in production in the US.

The Endeavour AWD transmission system bolts straight into an Australian 380 and was possibly intended as a future 380 AWD upgrade.

http://www.google.com.au/search?q=mi...w=1920&bih=972
z80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-01-2012, 06:14 PM   #17
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Doubt they'd use Explorer either.

Everest? Or something unique to Oz...

EDIT: here's a Carpoint article on the subject:

http://www.carpoint.com.au/news/2012...ndeavour-28280

Last edited by Road_Warrior; 08-01-2012 at 06:42 PM.
Old 08-01-2012, 09:39 PM   #18
music189
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

As I said if I had yhe brain switched on when I saw the ranger wagon at ford I would have looked if it had a leaf spring rear end and asked a few more questions
I was more interested in seeing some unrevealed SZ terris at that point which I did see

i Think Toyota should be worried though it should be 1 top unit
music189 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post