Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 15-01-2012, 04:53 AM   #1
GTENVY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Renovations in Perth

Hey guys,

just wondering if anyone on here has had renovations done by a professional builder and whatwas the experience, quality of cost of work like??

EDIT Oh and what we're looking at is to build upstairs, acouple of rooms and extend the garage

Cheers in advance Rich

Live, Love, RACE

SOLD: AU III XR8

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstg8a
cars are to be driven, ornaments are to be looked at. the two should never be confused.
GTENVY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-01-2012, 01:38 PM   #2
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Renovations in Perth

A small 2 family owned business in Malaga, GAVTON.
Ask for Tony.
Have won numerous awards and often get called in to fix up other builders screwups.
They fixed up my own DIY failure, very good service.
Old 15-01-2012, 03:00 PM   #3
asusdragon
BA Falcon XT

I'm a sales consultant for a balustrading company and do a lot of work for builders/renovation companies. The companies I might suggest would be

Modern Home Improvers
Brewer Construction
Addstyle Master Builders
and Gavton Construction - didn't know they did renovations but their new homes are very good.

From what I have seen of the above work it has always been pretty good. but not sure of pricing etc etc.

Quote:
If you can't fix it with a hammer. you're got an electrical problem
Quote:
You only need two tools in life - WD40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the WD40, If it shouldnt move and does, use the duct tape
asusdragon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-01-2012, 10:33 PM   #4
GTENVY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thanks for the replies guys - will check them out.

Live, Love, RACE

SOLD: AU III XR8

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstg8a
cars are to be driven, ornaments are to be looked at. the two should never be confused.
GTENVY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-01-2012, 03:47 AM   #5
1TUFFUTE
Banned

i was a site manager back a couple of years(im a qualified carpenter)now self employed...and if i can give you the best advice on the plannet....doesnt matter how nice or good a name a company has...its the guys on site doing the work you need to be more concerned about. Not in a bad way mind you..i mean quality mostly. from my experience the boss rarely even knows the skills of his employers aslong as it gets done....and this can cost YOU money..time...and quality. Keep one eye on site workers as much as possible..without dissrespecting them ofcourse..and being genuinely chatty and friendly can do wonders to workers of all trades. beer helps too...when the roofs on OK
1TUFFUTE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-01-2012, 09:46 PM   #6
asusdragon
BA Falcon XT

I heard the same a carton of beer for the on site tradies goes a long way lol

Quote:
If you can't fix it with a hammer. you're got an electrical problem
Quote:
You only need two tools in life - WD40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the WD40, If it shouldnt move and does, use the duct tape
asusdragon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post