Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 13-04-2012, 10:15 PM   #1
washoutbeach

Default Women who drive Fords...

Up until i acquired my first ford, I thought all ford drivers were losers. They drove carelessly, way too fast for conditions and were rude and indignant.

But I acquired a ford recently and now I see the different world. Its amazing.

But what does Ford stand for?

Is about the smoothness and comfort of the drive? Is it about the brilliant handling? The breathless curves and insight of the body work? Is it that fact that someone who drove a car actually designed the interior instead of some geek taking a break from killing space goblins on the planet Krustaloid?

Well as I continue my own personal journey of Ford ownership, I have been closely examining my ford driving peers and colleagues.

Now the fairer sex, well I suggest that your average female ford driver:-

* From what I can tell, is quite pretty and doesn't need much make up.
* Wears designer sunnies and has a cute driving pout.
* Is in command of her particular stretch of the road
* Is not bothered by stupid distractions and is not easily impressed by gimmicks and trickery.
* If the car is new, its usually in a beautiful rich colour.
* Dresses sensibly and is not over-jewelled.

She doesn't cut in or drive in 2 lanes, although she drives a tad fast for conditions. Of course thats because she has a car that can handle it.

Now she's not some neurotic psycho-cow constantly changing her mind and seeking affirmation and reward from all and sundry. No insecurity complex for her! She's not driving some dulling dirty red-brown european toe-jam on wheels trying to tell us "Its special, its really special!".

Nor is she impressed by the fake plastic facade of asian corn burners that kiss the tarmac a couple of years before having a total meltdown ( just after the illegible wurantey expires).

And as for the general, well they build cars for women that are in reality, just small men's cars.

But our Ford lady:-

She is comfortable with her lot in life but has that energy and drive to want something better. She is happy, she oozes confidence and is someone who is good to be with.

She is super-sexy without even trying to be. Its not a come-on to you, she just cant help it.

All insights/comments from the mighty ford forum panel warmly welcomed.

Old 13-04-2012, 10:23 PM   #2
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Women who drive Fords...

GT skids..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tAM5tc1hag

that is all..
Old 13-04-2012, 10:30 PM   #3
SSD-85
I ♥ EDM
Donating Member1

What the.....?
Old 13-04-2012, 10:32 PM   #4
mick457
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

funny i dont no any chicks that would drive a ford let alone a falcon
were do i get one from?

Performace
DBA 4000s, Blue power intake, Whiteline swaybars, FG manifold, PWR Radiator, king springs low, Monroe gt sport
DJR bobtail, LSD 3.46, 20%UD
Pacemaker 4490s, Venom cat, redback catback
Old 13-04-2012, 10:37 PM   #5
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 

Yes, Yes...It's all true....We Ford chicks rule....That is all
Old 13-04-2012, 10:39 PM   #6
mike_nofx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My wife drives a falcon, not so much by her choice (though she does like it, mainly for practicality reasons). But mainly because it's one of the best/safest cars I want my family driving around in.

But X2 on the "what the...?"!

To be honest, and I'd like to think I'm not being biased towards fords, but I honestly gotta say that Commodore drivers are definitely more careless arrogant drivers. Go ahead, look for yourself next time you drive. A commodore will almost always take off quick at the lights (as if they just have to be the fastest one!) and they almost always brake hard when stopping, they don't ease up to lights. It's full stick then full brake.

Huge generalisation, I know, but just look for yourself.
Old 13-04-2012, 10:41 PM   #7
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick457
funny i dont no any chicks that would drive a ford let alone a falcon
were do i get one from?
i have one if you want her
Old 13-04-2012, 10:44 PM   #8
washoutbeach

She drives Ford:-

http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/_/...rlisle+PNG.png

And my trusted (!) source :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3kQlzOi27M

Last edited by washoutbeach; 13-04-2012 at 10:53 PM.
Old 13-04-2012, 10:53 PM   #9
washoutbeach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Farnsworth

Im trying to wean my missus off the Toyota, its unbecoming.

She will be thrilled with the Falcon ride.
Old 13-04-2012, 10:55 PM   #10
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Where's the women who drive Commodores thread. Would be good for a laugh.
Old 13-04-2012, 10:55 PM   #11
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Farnsworth
throw in the EL and you have a deal...
Old 13-04-2012, 11:00 PM   #12
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by washoutbeach
Oh is that what the lyrics are.....I always though it was "our something are real".....
Old 13-04-2012, 11:04 PM   #13
fordman302

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8
Where's the women who drive Commodores thread. Would be good for a laugh.
bogans.com?????
Old 13-04-2012, 11:09 PM   #14
AndyXR6T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My wife drives a a falcon daily... Cos she has no choice lol But she loves it and says easily best car we have owned. Apparently she's copped a few whistles too ;) lol
Old 13-04-2012, 11:26 PM   #15
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by washoutbeach

Im trying to wean my missus off the Toyota, its unbecoming.

She will be thrilled with the Falcon ride.
haha yeah my mrs is always complaining about the car but i know for a fact if she went back to a small car she'd whinge at the lack of amenities and soundtrack (she uses the EL Ghia V8 as a daily)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pottery beige
throw in the EL and you have a deal...
i'll consider the offer

after all one of them is the girl i fell in love with about 11 years ago, who i take good care of and tend to her needs when she bitches at me frequently, and the other is the mrs

ok enough seriously
Old 13-04-2012, 11:46 PM   #16
washoutbeach

If we are proud of our ford women, I guess the general's girls are tragic, lost souls who wander the lonely roads unloved and largely unnoticed by the car appreciating public.

I guess they have unresolved romantic and psychological issues that they are constantly trying to address:- and feel temporarily empowered by taking their blokes car out.

I think Holden believe that women shouldn't be in Commodores anyway and they should all drive cars built for male flight attendants and male home stylists.

So far as Ford is concerned, the expectation is that women will want to move forward with their total driving experience ( including an increase in speed and power) and that their vehicle expectations are at least as high as that of the ford bloke.

Ive met cute single women who have bought the mighty Territory to drive on their own. Why the hell not?!

This individualism, this outlook of liberty and opportunity, this is what todays girl is all about. Ford women dont take their places, they are the place! Ford understands and embraces that.

This is why I think women in Fords stand for more than just being shadows of their male partners- borrowing the VE to buy a few chocolate bars to mucnh on during replays of ER and Greys Anatomy on cable.

Im having some fun sure, but when you email ford, they contact you back. They thank you. They welcome your ideas and input. They make you feel good. I've been very impressed by this.

They should set up a registered charity for women stuck in non-ford cars.

Last edited by washoutbeach; 13-04-2012 at 11:51 PM.
Old 13-04-2012, 11:49 PM   #17
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 

Okay....think we all get your point but this is not the Ford Forums pickup forum.......we Ford girls are also smart
Old 13-04-2012, 11:54 PM   #18
dylby1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Funny, every ford girl i know drives a falcon ute, drinks bundy rum and has more balls than most guys i know

Might be the fact im a country boy...

1993 Honda VFR750F
Old 14-04-2012, 12:06 AM   #19
GreenR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Errr. So then what are all the females in Territory's, Fiesta's and Focus's driving that I see everyday
Old 14-04-2012, 12:07 AM   #20
xr gr8
Winter White Weapon

Ok...after reading this thread I've come to the conclusion that washoutbeach has access to drugs only the rest of us can dream about.
Old 14-04-2012, 12:09 AM   #21
blackf6
R51 Pathy, 91 Jayco Swan

????? good thread- not. I think i just wasted 20 seconds of my life :(
Old 14-04-2012, 01:38 AM   #22
washoutbeach

Quote:
Originally Posted by teak81
????? good thread- not. I think i just wasted 20 seconds of my life :(
Closet Toyota admirer.
Old 14-04-2012, 01:39 AM   #23
washoutbeach

Quote:
Originally Posted by xr gr8
Ok...after reading this thread I've come to the conclusion that washoutbeach has access to drugs only the rest of us can dream about.
I wish I did!

Someone had to acknowledge the efforts Ford were making to meet buyers expectations. In this case, the fairer sex.
Old 14-04-2012, 01:46 AM   #24
washoutbeach

Quote:
Originally Posted by plarazza
Errr. So then what are all the females in Territory's, Fiesta's and Focus's driving that I see everyday
On their way to automotive nirvana that is personified by the Falcon.

Pound for pound, price, performance, style and on the basis of all known variables, I consider that the FG XR6 Turbo is one of the finest automobiles ever built.

General Motors couldn't even dream of building such an accomplished vehicle.

Its a male thing now, but its been said that the girls are intelligent, so I imagine that they will soon appropriate it and make it their signature ride.
Old 14-04-2012, 02:03 AM   #25
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

this thread is just a bit odd, and i think the point has been made, or something
Closed Thread