Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 16-04-2012, 09:49 AM   #1
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Smile FORD Marketing Employ Her!!!

Someone please give this girl a job in advertising

Check out this baby. With only 240,000km on the clock it's a steal. Picture: Gumtree classifieds

Classified ad draws crowds with entertaining pitch
The author Emily just wanted to create interest
"I'll even throw in a set of MC Hammer pants"
HOW do you sell a modest Daihatsu with 240,000km on the clock?

If you are a girl named Emily from suburban South Australia, you write the funniest car ad doing the rounds of the web.

In a bid to attract buyers to her very used Daihatsu Feroza, Emily wrote a sales pitch to rival a promo for a Hollywood action blockbuster.

"Let me start off by saying this Feroza is only available for purchase by the manliest of men (or women). If it was possible for a vehicle to sprout chest hair and a five o'clock shadow, this Daihatsu would look like Tom Selleck," she writes.

The ad on Gumtree classifieds, is doing the rounds of emails thanks to Emily's neat turn of phrase and entertaining sales pitch.

She writes: "It was never intended to drive to Rundle Mall so you can pick up that adorable Abercrombie & Finch shirt that you had your eye on. It wasn't meant to transport you to yoga class or Home & Garden.

"That's what your Prius is for. If that's the kind of car you're looking for, then just do us all a favour and stop reading right now.

"This car was engineered by 3rd degree ninja super-warriors in the highest mountains of Japan to serve the needs of the man that cheats death on a daily basis.

"They didn't even consider superfluous nancy boy amenities like navigation systems (real men don't get lost), heated leather seats (a real man doesn't let anything warm his butt), or Bluetooth (real men don't even know what the hell Bluetooth is)."

When contacted by news.com.au Emily said she wanted to create an ad with a "bit of interest" and said she'd already received a number of calls about the car.

Although there were almost quarter of a million kilometres on the clock, Emily seemed confident of getting her price.

"I will even throw in a free pair of MC Hammer pants."

In the ad Emily writes: "This brute comes with the things us testosterone-fueled super action junkies need. It has a 4cylinder 1.6L engine to outrun the cops. It's got special blood/gore resistant upholstery.

"It even has a fire extinguisher in the back. You know what the fire extinguisher is for? Fire! The Feroza also has a removable roof so if you're being chased by Libyan terrorists, you'll still be able to shoot your machine gun out the back and drive with ease. It's saved my bacon more than once.

"My price on this bad boy is an incredibly low $2800, but I'll entertain reasonable offers. And by reasonable, I mean don't walk up and tell me you'll give me $200 for it.

"That's liable to earn you a Burmese-roundhouse-sphincter-kick with a follow up three fingered eye-jab. Would it hurt? Hell yeah. Let's just say you won't be the prettiest guy at the Coldplay concert anymore."

Emily has only owned the Daihatsu for a year but is giving it up because she can no longer afford to keep it as a second car.

Good news for tough guys around the country.

See the add in full on Gumtree

Old 16-04-2012, 11:23 AM   #2
bobthebilda
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: FORD Marketing Employ Her!!!

The only problem is, she plagarised the ad from a publication in the US. Swapped one or two words, but basically copied word for word.
bobthebilda is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-04-2012, 11:49 AM   #3
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobthebilda
The only problem is, she plagarised the ad from a publication in the US. Swapped one or two words, but basically copied word for word.
She couldn't do any worse !!! than the current mob!!!
Old 16-04-2012, 12:07 PM   #4
BHDOGS
Banned

chuck norris doesnt sit a Daihatsu a Daihatsu touches chuck norris butt
BHDOGS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-04-2012, 12:14 PM   #5
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 

It is still a funny ad.

Good on her. I hope she sells it.
Old 16-04-2012, 12:18 PM   #6
Dave_Obsession
Resident AFF detailer

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Helpful and detailed posts on car care. 

Always amusing to read these 'creative' ads...far better than the ones you see all the time where you can't understand what they're talking about, even if English is their first language!
Old 16-04-2012, 01:26 PM   #7
trippytaka
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quite funny. Not all that creative, as it was plagarised.
trippytaka is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-04-2012, 01:34 PM   #8
Uncle Niceguy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

haha funny add put it in the youtube thread the other day
Uncle Niceguy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-04-2012, 01:38 PM   #9
lockieoc
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Id rather they employ MCM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68I0kMad3h0
lockieoc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-04-2012, 01:38 PM   #10
xisled
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Already been posted.

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11362781
xisled is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post