Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 23-06-2012, 12:11 PM   #1
XARATE
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Quality contribution which has gone somewhat un-noticed so far. 
Default Ba dash in a datsun 1600- pictures

Heys guys just thought id throw up some pictures i just found of my old project datsun 1600. After seeing a few holden retro builds in magazines where new model interiors and dash boards in older model cars, i decided to do my own version. I had a datsun 1600 for 6 months at this stage. The body wasnt in bas condition for a rally car with only a few dints and a crushed drivers side sill panel which i quickly fixed. I got the body dead straight amd put a thin layer of paint over to prevent rust while i did everything else.

Unfortunatly i sold it halfway though because dads devorse left me with nowhere to store it. Ive only got four photos that i only just found on a old phone.
The dash was an easy fit with the only issue was the steering coloumn was sitting towards the drivers door, a bit of plastic cutting and welding fixed it.

Old 23-06-2012, 12:27 PM   #2
KR1STO
Just another mock-up..

Default Re: Ba dash in a datsun 1600- pictures

That is cool..!

Would have been good to finish it hey..

see my car here:
Built my own TL50!!!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
KR1STO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-06-2012, 12:42 PM   #3
phat_stak_tipa
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Love the old dattos, what other plans did you have for the car? i.e engine, driveline, wheels, colour?
phat_stak_tipa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-06-2012, 01:00 PM   #4
XARATE
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Quality contribution which has gone somewhat un-noticed so far. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by phat_stak_tipa
Love the old dattos, what other plans did you have for the car? i.e engine, driveline, wheels, colour?
Ah the engine was just as weird, i had a 2.5L subaru flat 4 and 5 speed to go in, didnt require amy body mods except for the shift hole, then i was planning on a really dark gray with two strips up the middle in just an ever so slightly darker gray so they were barely visible. The wheels in the photo were stay on as i have always loved that style
Old 23-06-2012, 01:12 PM   #5
phat_stak_tipa
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

thats mad xarate, nice mash up, like the sound of the colour too, although IMO i would have loved to see simmons fr's silver,polished, or gold would have looked horn!!

i reckon it would have got along well too with the boxer and would have confused the crap out of people, any plans to try and get another and make it happen?
Old 23-06-2012, 02:11 PM   #6
XARATE
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Definately looking to do it again, im on the look out for a nice rolling shell but peaple are asking stupid prices for low condition bodies
Old 23-06-2012, 02:25 PM   #7
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

crazy custom mods.. so different is so cool...
pottery beige is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-06-2012, 02:28 PM   #8
phat_stak_tipa
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

if you do manage to get one and start a build il be keeping an eye on it for sure, all the best with it.
Old 23-06-2012, 04:38 PM   #9
Chopped
as in chopped

I've always liked the Dato 1600.
Cool little car.