Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 27-01-2013, 05:46 PM   #1
buddy92
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Question, Rego has been cancelled?

Hi all.

I just got pulled over my a patrol bloke, and apparently my Rego has been cancelled due to an un-paid fine. I explained to him what has happened and showed him the letter from court telling me NOT to pay it until the appeal is over and he agreed to let me drive home.

I have 2 problems. I was told if I paid the fine the 3 month suspension would then kick in and over run the appeal therefore, can't drive. But now my rego is cancelled, if I go onto the automated payment thing, and paid it would I be able to drive it again now, or will it still be cancelled and the 3 month suspension kicks in and voids appeal.

Also I have to do a driving course ( for no P plate ) and the judge would let me keep my license.

I don't know what to do?

Old 27-01-2013, 05:53 PM   #2
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Question, Rego has been cancelled?

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy92 View Post
Hi all.

I just got pulled over my a patrol bloke, and apparently my Rego has been cancelled due to an un-paid fine. I explained to him what has happened and showed him the letter from court telling me NOT to pay it until the appeal is over and he agreed to let me drive home.

I have 2 problems. I was told if I paid the fine the 3 month suspension would then kick in and over run the appeal therefore, can't drive. But now my rego is cancelled, if I go onto the automated payment thing, and paid it would I be able to drive it again now, or will it still be cancelled and the 3 month suspension kicks in and voids appeal.

Also I have to do a driving course ( for no P plate ) and the judge would let me keep my license.

I don't know what to do?
Contact a solicitor.

This is very serious.
This user likes this post:
Old 27-01-2013, 05:53 PM   #3
buddy92
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist View Post
Contact a solicitor.

This is very serious.
Being stupid ?

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2
Old 27-01-2013, 06:14 PM   #4
phillyc
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always factual and beneficial. 

Quote:
Being stupid ?

Flappist isn't being stupid. He is being genuine.

Wouldn't you rather know for sure? Contact a solicitor / the solicitor who has helped so far.

Boss349 built. Not yet run. Waiting on a shell.

Retrotech thread
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...1363569&page=6
Old 27-01-2013, 06:37 PM   #5
buddy92
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyc View Post
Flappist isn't being stupid. He is being genuine.

Wouldn't you rather know for sure? Contact a solicitor / the solicitor who has helped so far.
I don't have a solicitor ? And sorry if you wasn't being silly I thought you was.

Old 27-01-2013, 06:57 PM   #6
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I don't have a solicitor ? And sorry if you wasn't being silly I thought you was.

You are not at school anymore and this is not a game.

On Tuesday morning go and see a solicitor and get some professional legal advice. It will cost you about $100.
You have tried to be clever and dodge losing your license and now you have a "driving unregistered" charge as well as an unregistered vehicle.

Do not try to just do this by yourself. If you just keep going you will end up with a HUGE fine and a long suspension if you are lucky and that as well as having your car confiscated and a custodial sentence if you are not.
2 users like this post:
Old 27-01-2013, 07:03 PM   #7
MrEL
Sick Puppy

From what it reads it doesnt seem as though he actually got charged for it.
To say he could end up going to gaol for everything is really going a bit over the top Flappist.
If it he had been charged with something that could potential end with him spending time in the clink he wouldnt have a licence now. It would be suspended until his court case.
Old 27-01-2013, 07:16 PM   #8
buddy92
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I never got charged for driving un-registered he let me drive home as I showed him the letter from the court stating I should not pay the fine as of yet. I went to court was ordered to so a driving course which starts in Feb and then I go back and he let's me go... That's how it was supposed to work...

Old 27-01-2013, 07:17 PM   #9
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrEL View Post
From what it reads it doesnt seem as though he actually got charged for it.
To say he could end up going to gaol for everything is really going a bit over the top Flappist.
If it he had been charged with something that could potential end with him spending time in the clink he wouldnt have a licence now. It would be suspended until his court case.
Well maybe it is but a few years ago a mate of mine got done for UIL and lost his license for 3 months.

He did not care and just kept driving.
He got caught again and lost it for 2 years.

He got caught again and lost it for another 2 years and got 2 weeks in Boggo Road which I suspect was not a lot of fun for him as he was small and had long blonde hair.

He never spoke about it and did not go near a car again for 2 years and after that would not even drive the next day if he had even one beer.

The point is that this is serious stuff. If you do not treat it that way they will win EVERY TIME and there is nothing that sets a magistrate off more than ignoring him.
Old 27-01-2013, 07:21 PM   #10
blackf6
R51 Pathy, 91 Jayco Swan

I would just pay the fine. And do the course the judge requests. I also agree with Flappist that it would be wise to seek legal advise as well.
Old 27-01-2013, 07:24 PM   #11
noflac52
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Contact the dept that issued the registration cancellation first and explain it to them. You may find that the registration is reinstated until the appeal is heard there seems to be a stuff up with the information about the appeal not getting through.

You've got nothing to lose by doing this and you may get a lot more info about the situation and it'll cost you nothing.
Old 27-01-2013, 07:45 PM   #12
Dave3911

What state are you in? What did the copper say about the state of your license? Is that fine-default suspended as well? or just the rego on your car?

Any chance of a different fine that your not aware of that has lead the sheriff to suspend your reg? All your parking fines in order?

Problem is this has happened on a long weekend, your not going to get any answers until Tuesday. Don't drive the car until you've had it confirmed/denied regarding the rego, as Flappist points out you can get yourself into more trouble VERY quickly.
Old 27-01-2013, 07:57 PM   #13
buddy92
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by noflac52 View Post
Contact the dept that issued the registration cancellation first and explain it to them. You may find that the registration is reinstated until the appeal is heard there seems to be a stuff up with the information about the appeal not getting through.

You've got nothing to lose by doing this and you may get a lot more info about the situation and it'll cost you nothing.
That's what the officer today said to do as he said it shouldn't of been cancelled even with the letter I have and that something has gone wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave3911 View Post
What state are you in? What did the copper say about the state of your license? Is that fine-default suspended as well? or just the rego on your car?

Any chance of a different fine that your not aware of that has lead the sheriff to suspend your reg? All your parking fines in order?

Problem is this has happened on a long weekend, your not going to get any answers until Tuesday. Don't drive the car until you've had it confirmed/denied regarding the rego, as Flappist points out you can get yourself into more trouble VERY quickly.
NSW mate and my license is fine, its just my rego that has been cancelled apparently

Old 27-01-2013, 08:04 PM   #14
Dave R

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Valued contributor especially in the FG threads. Offers help and information to all. Posts are always in a positive manner. 

Seems like it's just an error on the SDRO/RMS's part. Call the SDRO and ask why they have continued to enforce a fine that is under appeal.
Old 27-01-2013, 08:19 PM   #15
buddy92
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by teak81 View Post
I would just pay the fine. And do the course the judge requests. I also agree with Flappist that it would be wise to seek legal advise as well.
I am doing the course the judge asked me to do, it starts in FEB and I have a letter that says not to pay the fine, I asked the court to give it to me on writing for this exact matter. I will call them Tuesday and see what happens.

Old 27-01-2013, 11:25 PM   #16
MrEL
Sick Puppy

Quote:
Well maybe it is but a few years ago a mate of mine got done for UIL and lost his license for 3 months.

He got caught again and lost it for another 2 years and got 2 weeks in Boggo Road which I suspect was not a lot of fun for him as he was small and had long blonde hair.

He never spoke about it and did not go near a car again for 2 years and after that would not even drive the next day if he had even one beer.

The point is that this is serious stuff. If you do not treat it that way they will win EVERY TIME and there is nothing that sets a magistrate off more than ignoring him.
Exactly. Your mate would of been classed as a habitual offender.
Totally different kettle of fish to this one.
Sometimes the sky isnt always falling....................
2 users like this post:
Old 28-01-2013, 12:02 AM   #17
svo supporter
Fixing Ford's **** ups

Quote:
, the court I will call them Tuesday and see what happens.

I wouldn't drive the car until you have done the above quote....

Please read the manual carefully, as the these manufacturers spent millions of dollars making sure it is perfect.....Now why are there so many problems with my car, when I follow the instructions to the letter?....Answer, majority rules round here

Lock me up and throw away the key because I'm a hoon....I got caught doing 59 in a 60 zone
Old 28-01-2013, 12:04 AM   #18
buddy92
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by svo supporter View Post
I wouldn't drive the car until you have done the above quote....
I won't drive it as I don't want myself in more ****. Its locked up in the shed.

Old 28-01-2013, 12:06 AM   #19
svo supporter
Fixing Ford's **** ups

Quote:

Going a little overboard Flappist.....The OP got a single warning from a copper and has asked for advise on here over driving unregistered...You're mate was was busted drunk to begin with...he then got done driving disqualified 3 times, hence him needing to keep the soap on a rope....

Disqualified driving is more serious than an unregistered charge and you're comments are about something that happened over 10 years ago...(maybe more, as I can't remember exactly how long Boggo road has been closed)

Please read the manual carefully, as the these manufacturers spent millions of dollars making sure it is perfect.....Now why are there so many problems with my car, when I follow the instructions to the letter?....Answer, majority rules round here

Lock me up and throw away the key because I'm a hoon....I got caught doing 59 in a 60 zone
Old 28-01-2013, 12:07 AM   #20
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrEL View Post
Exactly. Your mate would of been classed as a habitual offender.
Totally different kettle of fish to this one.
Sometimes the sky isnt always falling....................

Well he wasn't a habitual offender until he ignored doing the right thing and kept going......
Old 28-01-2013, 08:43 AM   #21
EB#
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Constant helpful advice and step by step guides in easy to understand format with pictures. 

Quote:
...apparently my Rego has been cancelled due to
an un-paid fine. I explained to him what has happened and showed him the
letter from court telling me NOT to pay it until the appeal is over and he agreed
to let me drive home...
It's looks like the court system (letter) and the transport authority have
got their wires crossed and things have got messy. A solicitor may well be a
good idea to assist in sorting this out before the thing gets even messier and
you end up with more fines for whatever reason.
Old 28-01-2013, 09:42 AM   #22
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

seek legal advice yesterday. all well and good to seek advice but all you have here are armchair lawyers who think they know it all but know nothing.
advice you get here may be wrong and land you in more trouble and lets face it if you get in more trouble the excuse of my solicitor told me will sound better than a guy on ford forums told me to the magistrate

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Start a new career as a bus driver

Rides:
FG2 XR6 stock at this stage but a very nice ride

xc 4 DOOR X CHASER 5.8 UNDER RESTO
3 users like this post:
Old 28-01-2013, 10:43 AM   #23
ratter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Shares his in-depth tuning knowledge with the forum, very helpful. Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his indepth tutorial on adding borders to photographs 

too many people have posted stories here and elsewhere about being pulled over, only to be let go thinking everything was ok and then later cop a penalty in the mail. I do not think this will happen in your case, but you need to protect yourself right from the get go.
Legal advice will start the correction process if something is wrong or still pending.

As Flappist said, it starts with 1 issue that turns into 2 and then it just escalates from there, my brother just had a 6 month holiday courtesy of the government for driving offences, it can get serious quickly

Authorised Streetfighter, Pcmtec , SCT & HP Tuners Tuning Agent,
Old 28-01-2013, 11:07 AM   #24
wulos
Forum Director

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind-the-scenes effort. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For his advice, tips/tricks in the Art and Photography section of the Forum. 

As suggested - seek proper legal counsel.
From the sounds of things you already know what your options are.
Asking for legal advise here on AFF may get you the right advice, but then again it may also see you in a much worse position.
Closed Thread