Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

View Poll Results: Do agree with 'Filtering' and should be legal?
Yep .... done safely with stationary traffic, no probs 131 64.85%
No .... Bikes should sit in traffic like everyone else 71 35.15%
Voters: 202. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 28-01-2013, 01:19 AM   #121
BF-2K7

Default Re: Should motorbikes be allowed ride through stationary traffic?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTDHO View Post
They're plate is bloked bu the other cars they past. Especiall if they pass on your left.

It happens a lot more than you'd think.
The owner of the car has to suffer the consequences.
........ so every time you venture out onto the road a motorbike damages your mirror???!! (as you did say "all the time") - I would suggest that if that were the case, then I would look at changing your driving style, or invest in sturdier mirrors - if thats not the case - an exaggeration as I said.p.s ...... if this is happening "all the time" maybe (just maybe) give the bikers a little more room and they may not take your mirror off - just a thought. Would save you alot on replacement mirrors

Last edited by BF-2K7; 28-01-2013 at 01:27 AM.
2 users like this post:
Old 28-01-2013, 09:29 AM   #122
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
They're plate is bloked bu the other cars they past. Especiall if they pass on your left.

It happens a lot more than you'd think.
The owner of the car has to suffer the consequences.
can you please post up pics, times dates etc of instances motorbike dudes have busted your mirrors and done runners....

in 500 years of driving im yet to experience such terrible injustice...
Old 28-01-2013, 09:45 AM   #123
OzJavelin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If I'm stopped in traffic in the car I don't care if someone lane filters.

On my bikes I probably wouldn't bother unless I felt pretty vulnerable in traffic .. But luckily I ride in regional area and traffic is pretty light.

However .. Friends of mine were both hit (at the same time) from behind while waiting at an intersection by a woman who was distracted (phone, SMS, lipstick, something?). Knocked both of them off their bikes; luckily they both had all the gear and were not badly hurt. One bike was written off, the other being only about one month old was repaired.

I suppose if they had lane filtered to the front of stopped traffic they would have been better protected from inattentive people who are probably more worried about the vulnerabity their car mirrors?
This user likes this post:
Old 28-01-2013, 11:50 AM   #124
LTDHO
The one and only

Quote:
Originally Posted by BF-2K7
........ so every time you venture out onto the road a motorbike damages your mirror???!! (as you did say "all the time") - I would suggest that if that were the case, then I would look at changing your driving style, or invest in sturdier mirrors - if thats not the case - an exaggeration as I said.p.s ...... if this is happening "all the time" maybe (just maybe) give the bikers a little more room and they may not take your mirror off - just a thought. Would save you alot on replacement mirrors
Quote:
Originally Posted by pottery beige
can you please post up pics, times dates etc of instances motorbike dudes have busted your mirrors and done runners....

You guys need to learn to read.

When did I say it happened to me everytime??

It only happened to me the once, took the mirror of an EBXR8. The courier took off into the blur of traffic.
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
Old 28-01-2013, 12:08 PM   #125
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottery beige View Post

I have told you a million times, stop exaggerating........
2 users like this post:
Old 28-01-2013, 02:43 PM   #126
jmack
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by T4ME View Post
I find it funny that most assume it's OK to rock up in front of you on a slower bike and then expect you to get up to the speed limit as they wish.

Getting in front of them and then hitting the washer jets is always a laugh.
and its a size 11 boot into the door that i laugh at as well,its a public rd out there not a warzone people should b thinking of others and thats everyone cars trucks bikes,when u drive all 3 u see the worst i every group none better than the other
Old 28-01-2013, 07:28 PM   #127
BF-2K7

Quote:
You guys need to learn to read.

When did I say it happened to me everytime??
See below .....

Quote:Originally Posted by LTDHO
The fact of the matter is bike knock off mirrors all the time and they are gone before a rego can be taken.

Sure bike rider will say 'who cares, it's just a mirror'.
when you consider the mirror ha scratched the door and guard. It is not a cheap fix.

so it's gone from "all the time" to once ......... seems we read better than you do

If you're going to have a rational discussion please dont resort to exaggerated 'facts of the matter' without the facts.
Old 28-01-2013, 07:41 PM   #128
XR6TCraig
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
The fact of the matter is bike knock off mirrors all the time and they are gone before a rego can be taken.
All the time? WOW.

I have never had this happen to me in a car and never made contact with another vehicle while lane filtering on a bike. And I have done quite a bit of it. The way I don't make contact is to not go through a gap smaller than my bikes width. If driving, I move over if I see a bike coming u the guts to allow them room. Pretty common sense approach really, dont you think?

I dont know how I havent been involved in some kind if incident if it happens ALL THE TIME!

Then again, people win lotto all the time too. I wonder if I am more likely to have my mirror busted by a passing motorcyclist, or win lotto? The odds would be pretty long for both!

Last edited by XR6TCraig; 28-01-2013 at 07:49 PM.
Old 28-01-2013, 11:40 PM   #129
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Bikes hits cars .... cars hits bikes ..... trucks hits cars ...... bikes hits trucks ..... cars hits trucks ...... trucks hits bikes ...... pedestrians hits cars ...... cars hits pedestrians ........ bikes hits pedestrians ..... pedestrians hits trucks ..... pedestrians hit bikes ...... and so on and so forth if we get the picture? ALL moving objects hit things when those in control are off with the fairies.

Its just common courtesy and common sense from all sides whether on 1, 2, 4 or 18 wheels and if everyone paid attention the roads would be a wonderful place to be.

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Closed Thread