Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 02-05-2013, 11:12 PM   #1
Kieron
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Model runs across brands

If memory serves, the VE came out late 2006 and had a SII upgrade in late 2010 which included and vastly different dashboard.

However, I wasn't in any way implying that the Falcon was unique in having a long model run. I was simply replying to Flappist's post on effectively blaming the Falcons demise on people who won't purchase a new Falcon and are therefore part of the problem.

So whats peoples thought on model changes, ie VZ, VE, VEII etc. Would you move from VE to a VE SII or a FG to FGII?

In my case, I have a FG XR8 that's nearly 5 years old, prior to that I had a BA XR6 for 5 years (both purchased new). That BA>FG gap saw a BA SII, BF and BF SII iirc and the FG was a big step forwards in virtually all areas compared to my SI BA and I was itching to get into the FG.

The same period of time has elapsed and i'm left with going for a FG SII (XR6T auto would be the choice given no XR8) but the FG SII doesn't offer me much difference therefore, i'm keeping my beloved FG XR8 with it's mighty blue oval on the front.

Please note, this is not intended as a dig at Ford Aust or the Falcon. I'm just interested in other peoples thoughts on 'SII' type changes and if i'm alone or not with my thinking.

Last edited by russellw; 03-05-2013 at 05:42 AM. Reason: Do not reply to closed threads
Kieron is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post