Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 10-05-2013, 05:18 PM   #1
ford_v8_351

Default Another AU central locking problem.

Hi all,

I think i have posted similar on this topic before...but kinda different. Ok so my central locking started playing all sorts of games on me yesterday. - I was driving, and locked the doors. 20mins later i drove over some bumpy road and i heard all the doors unlock and the interior light was flashing on and off in-sync with the bumpyness of the road.

When I shut all the doors properly, the "doors open" dash light and beeping sound comes on. but everything's shut.
pressing the remote lock button, will sometimes lock the doors, but since lastnight, it wont. sometimes the door lock...mainly they wont. After 20shots at trying to lock the doors with the remote, the horn sounding off got annoying. so i disconnected it. and wallah the doors locked first try. then i reconnect the horn whilst the door were locked. Then, today, came out and the doors were open. so somehow the locks pop open by them selfs.

Then today while reversing, i noticed if i put the car in reverse (manual 5spd) the "doors open" light and interior lights turn off soon as the car is placed in R, but if i put in 1st, the light goes back on. So i put it in Reverse and locked the doors....and they stayed shut...until i put it in 1st...and the locks poped up straight away and dash light came on.

this sounds electrical to me. cos sometimes the locks work, and sometime they dont. I dont think its the actuator motors, but im going to take the drivers door skin off and check other methods ive found for similar probs on this site and get back to ya'll.

In the mean time, if you have any ideas, please share!!! thanks.

ford_v8_351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-05-2013, 04:10 AM   #2
ford_v8_351

Default Re: Another AU central locking problem.

Hey fellas, i think its fixed!!

I seen another thread somewhere, where they said check the kick panel under the A pillar drivers side.....well i did that....after pretty much pullying the door apart looking for a loose/broken wire. Turns out it wasnt a broken/loose wire, the wiring harness under the kick panel connection had water in it. soon as i touched or wiggled the harness the door locks would go crazy and pop up and down. that was the dead give away!!

So yeh, i just used a hair dryer on the connection and the sprayed some CRC in the connection and its all good now!!...i hope.

So next question.. any ideas how the water go into the kick panel? - we did just have a sh*te load of rain come through - and how can i stop it from getting in there again? Also after heavy rain, i find water gets through the dash some how and drips on my feet while driving, this cant be good...any ideas how to stop that too? or where the water's comming from?

I think i may have posted in the wrong section, as i got no replys to my original question, if noone answers this question ill move it to normal ford forum.

cheers guys!
Old 12-05-2013, 11:06 AM   #3
Maka
Au Falcon = Mr Reliable

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Embodiment of the AFF spirit in his efforts with ACP. 

Hey there, have a look at this. This should fix the issue, good luck!

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11220972

cheers, Maka

Proud owner of a optioned keeper S1 Tickford Falcon AU XR6 VCT - "it's actually a better-balanced car than the XR8, goes almost as hard and uses about two-thirds of the fuel" (Drive.com 2007)
Maka is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 12-05-2013, 05:29 PM   #4
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well done mate, amazing how a bit of h2o on the electricals can cause grief.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 24-05-2013, 07:48 PM   #5
ford_v8_351

thanks for that maka, i will try this when i get some time off.

yeh mik your not wrong, real pain in the a**.
Old 25-05-2013, 06:39 PM   #6
david lee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford_v8_351 View Post
Hey fellas, i think its fixed!!

I seen another thread somewhere, where they said check the kick panel under the A pillar drivers side.....well i did that....after pretty much pullying the door apart looking for a loose/broken wire. Turns out it wasnt a broken/loose wire, the wiring harness under the kick panel connection had water in it. soon as i touched or wiggled the harness the door locks would go crazy and pop up and down. that was the dead give away!!

So yeh, i just used a hair dryer on the connection and the sprayed some CRC in the connection and its all good now!!...i hope.

So next question.. any ideas how the water go into the kick panel? - we did just have a sh*te load of rain come through - and how can i stop it from getting in there again? Also after heavy rain, i find water gets through the dash some how and drips on my feet while driving, this cant be good...any ideas how to stop that too? or where the water's comming from?

I think i may have posted in the wrong section, as i got no replys to my original question, if noone answers this question ill move it to normal ford forum.

cheers guys!
cracks around the spot welds in front of the windscreen were a problem fix with silicon
david lee is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2013, 02:47 AM   #7
ford_v8_351

Quote:
Originally Posted by david lee View Post
cracks around the spot welds in front of the windscreen were a problem fix with silicon
ok sweet, thanks mate.