Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 12-04-2012, 10:21 AM   #61
MR4ORD
Slow going

Default Re: Ford rushes to fix gearbox problems

Petrol engine dannyhilton
MR4ORD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2012, 11:08 AM   #62
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

bit like shutting the gate after the horse has bolted.......fix the problems BEFORE releasing the car

only get one shot to impress a prospective buyer

G'day....I'm Dave, ...everyone calls me Poppa,..05.. B.A. Fairmont mark II...

may your day's be filled with smiles, your life be filled with love, may your children know nothing but happiness and joy, cherish the memory of those who strove before us for they cleared the way, spare a thought for those who serve we owe so much to so many, life and the freedom to enjoy it is a special gift that can be taken away far too soon!
poppa smurf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2012, 06:05 PM   #63
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR4ORD
Petrol engine dannyhilton
People are saying that's where most the problems are, personally having driven a few petrols, I think they seem fine? Glad to hear your GDI PowerShift is going good.
Old 12-04-2012, 10:09 PM   #64
rand0mn00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyhilton
People are saying that's where most the problems are, personally having driven a few petrols, I think they seem fine? Glad to hear your GDI PowerShift is going good.
I think that's because the diesel has a different (better?) implementation because it needs to handle more torque
rand0mn00b is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-04-2012, 09:09 AM   #65
MR4ORD
Slow going

I think its imagination!
MR4ORD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-04-2012, 11:58 AM   #66
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by rand0mn00b
I think that's because the diesel has a different (better?) implementation because it needs to handle more torque
Supposedly the TDCI has a wet clutch configuration, where the GDI has a dry clutch. The TDCI I’ve driven drove wonderfully, but I’d honestly say transmission wise, the TDCI and GDI felt the same to me. The PowerShift seems perfectly mates to the TDCI, as low down torque is available fairly quickly. The fact the PowerShift always wants the highest gear possible is perhaps part of the issue with the GDI, but again, I’ve driven a few and they seemed faultless IMHO...
Old 26-04-2012, 08:55 PM   #67
rjk74
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just wondering why is it that a 5sp manual isnt offered at all in the LW Focus sedans, seems a bit crazy not to have the option. The missus and I are keen on the LW sedan but not the auto, does anyone know if this will change anytime soon and if a 6sp manual might also be a future option.
rjk74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-06-2013, 07:55 AM   #68
LVzetec
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVzetec View Post
I'm not completely sure of what some of you guys are on about but I have a 2011LV Zetec auto that doesn't drive well slowly. It seems like when you slow right down, say to go around a roundabout,then go to pick up speed it feels like it slips out of gear, or selects 1st instead of second.

But, when you drive it in "manual"mode and just the gear shift to upchange it's a different car altogether.

I'm starting to wonder whether this is the correct way of driving it.
OK, after booking my 2 year service I was determined to have the service technician come for a drive with me, rather than them get the apprentice to flog it around the block and say she drives fine.

The technician recognised there was an issue with mine when I slow down to walking pace, then speed up. The gearbox seemed to rev a little before taking up the gear.

Now fixed with a software upgrade and all happy
LVzetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post: