Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 29-05-2013, 07:50 PM   #1
Riksta
Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Default Passenger Footwell

Just wondering if a couple of people can do me a favour and take a picture of what their passenger footwell looks like up towards the bottom of the glovebox and stuff and put up for me to compare to mine.

I noticed while driving today, part of a wiring loom hanging down, and closer inspection revealed carpet falling down a bit and all exposed wiring looms and god knows what. Underneath the dash there looks like there is no cover or anything, I'd kind of expect this behaviour in a 20 year old car but I really didn't expect it in mine!

Then again, my whole dash has probably been butchered when they replaced airbags and stuff... which is why I'd like photos if I can... so I can take mine back to the repairer with some photos of what it SHOULD look like and get it fixed up. That way, if it is right (which I highly doubt) I don't look like an idiot going back and complaining.

Originally Posted by Nikked
Riksta likes VN's so much, he has the ashes of a VN in a jar on the mantle piece, a vile of VN engine oil hanging from his neck and a BT1 build plate locked up in a safe, buried under 6ft of concrete.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Day-mow
pretty much what has happened here is i trolled you. and it was fun.
Riksta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-05-2013, 11:54 AM   #2
mas89

Default Re: Passenger Footwell

here is a couple from mine,,hope this helps
Old 30-05-2013, 11:57 AM   #3
mas89

Old 30-05-2013, 11:34 PM   #4
Riksta
Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Thanks mate.

Judging by that, mine's not much worse except a big mass of wires is a bit more obvious.

It really doesn't look all that professional, I would have thought they would have tried to hide all that, I'd never looked before hence my request for pics. I'll grab a couple of mine to compare in the next day or two.

Thanks once again, appreciate your time.
Originally Posted by Nikked
Riksta likes VN's so much, he has the ashes of a VN in a jar on the mantle piece, a vile of VN engine oil hanging from his neck and a BT1 build plate locked up in a safe, buried under 6ft of concrete.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Day-mow
pretty much what has happened here is i trolled you. and it was fun.
Riksta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-06-2013, 02:53 PM   #5
ope126
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeah mine is the same also. That is a fuse bock that swings down and the space in the Carpet allows for the loom to be unplugged.

Not sure if you have already done it, but on a Zetec you can also add W5W (wedge) bulbs to activate your foot well lights. The loom / bulb holder is already there!

Have fun...
Old 01-06-2013, 04:29 PM   #6
mas89

yes I sore that there and was thinking they forgot to put one in there,,just on a side note how is the Bluefin, much of a change to power and fuel per100?? was looking at doing the same to make it 179kw
Old 16-06-2013, 05:42 PM   #7
nevetsg

Hi, I was playing around under there today and found that I have a cover over mine. There is a silver little tab hanging down near the secret foot well light and another yellow pointy thing over to the centre for it to hook to.

RIP: Mondeo 2008 MA TDCi. Colorado Red, Leather, Bluetooth, sunroof, Tow pack. C.R. Tech tuning box
nevetsg is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post