Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 23-06-2014, 03:51 PM   #1
STINKY NINJA
Banned

Default No horn!

My horn has never worked on my au xr8,the other buttons work on the steering wheel and i dont have an airbag warning light showing which tells me the clockspring should be ok and feeding power to the wheel accessories,does this mean my actual horn mechanism is stuffed in the airbag?
I have another airbag already but just wanted to check before i change it unnecessarilly(spelling)
cheers

STINKY NINJA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-06-2014, 05:01 PM   #2
Shambles
Knucklehead

Default Re: No horn!

Start with the easy/cheap things first. Check that you are getting power to the horn with the horn pressed.
Shambles is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 23-06-2014, 05:27 PM   #3
BOTTLEDUP
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yes I'd check the horn itself first.
BOTTLEDUP is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-06-2014, 05:33 PM   #4
STINKY NINJA
Banned

Yes and yes,found a relay diagram since i dont have an owners manual,relay is clicking when horn is pressed,next step check horn itself...
Bloody thing had one wire unplugged,doesnt work real flash like that doh,i got a funny feeling it may have gotten stuck on once and its been unplugged so ive left the pliers in the car in case that issue arises!
Seems the older i get the more i realise ive forgotten about fixing cars lol
Im spewin pete has left ford now because i have to bloody fix my cars myself,i dont trust anybody else!
Old 23-06-2014, 05:33 PM   #5
SSD-85
I ♥ EDM
Donating Member1

Check the fuse, see if the wires are actually connected at the horn terminals.

Ive had to do that as my horn pad contacts are worn into staying on.
SSD-85 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-06-2014, 05:34 PM   #6
STINKY NINJA
Banned

I now have a big dodgy sounding horn...
Seriously though,i have no need to carry spare jocks with me now when i drive,ive had around 20 near accidents with people trying to hit my car and with no horn to warn them off its been a real worry especially with an 8 week old baby in the back seat to worry bout now!