Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 23-06-2015, 07:54 PM   #1
OzJavelin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Vic club permit renewals not received?

Tonight I just noticed that two of my club permitted motorbikes are due for renewal in early July 2015, and I haven't received the paperwork yet.

This is distressing as my club is national and I need to mail the permit away to be authorized by the registrar before its mailed back to me to be finally paid to vicroads .. Basically can take me more than a week.

I contacted some other members and they indicated they also have renewals in July and haven't received them ..

.. Anyone else here on Vic club permit scheme who haven't reviewed renewals in the past month or so? I'm wondering if this a systemic error that I can get some leniency from vicroads?
OzJavelin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-06-2015, 08:48 PM   #2
Bearman
Moderator Ford Coupe Club

Default Re: Vic club permit renewals not received?

Get onto VicRoads pronto!!!! Also get in touch with your nominated club person.

I'm not on CPS plates myself but quite a few I know who are have had hassles in the past at renewal time. I believe (don't take this as gospel) that the renewals are sub contracted out to some random company to send out.

Pretty average service.....

http://www.fordcoupeclub.org

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there" George Harrison 2001.
Bearman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-06-2015, 09:09 PM   #3
OzJavelin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeah .. I believe they are subcontracted out.

The registrar just got back to me by email and said he'd had a few with this missing permits recently.

Only reason I noticed was because I was working on an engine in the shed and the motorbike was sitting beside me. When I looked at the label on it I realized it was due in a week or so.

Made me think a about the fact we don't have rego labels for vehicles in vic anymore. Anyone know when the rego on their car is due without going looking for it? I.e. it's not quickly available at a glance?
Old 23-06-2015, 10:34 PM   #4
Silver Ghia
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: As Silver Ghia his contributions to the AU and BA technical areas have been of high quality and valuable to the member base. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzJavelin View Post
The registrar just got back to me by email and said he'd had a few with this missing permits recently.
So is the registrar giving you a grace period so you can get the form signed by your club? I know they probably can't but they should, seeing its their stuffup. So how are you getting around the problem?

I wonder each time when I renew my club permit why Vicroads are still supplying the windscreen labels with these permits, when their website clearly says that labels are no longer required for light vehicles. I have searched the Vicroads website and cannot find any requirement for these club permit labels. So I don't bother putting them on, it goes in the glovebox just in case, along with the logbook.
Silver Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-06-2015, 10:41 PM   #5
OzJavelin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It's the club registrar I've contacted not vicroads (yet). The registrar is just the signing authority for the club. As mentioned I have to physically mail to him to sign and mail back to me ..

I'll speak to vicroads tomorrow and see what their excuse is. I doubt they will provide any leeway for me because of their stuff up. If I have to get a RWC ($$$) to re-permit it I'll be pretty PO'd ..
Old 23-06-2015, 10:45 PM   #6
Silver Ghia
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: As Silver Ghia his contributions to the AU and BA technical areas have been of high quality and valuable to the member base. 

Quote:
It's the club registrar I've contacted not vicroads (yet). The registrar is just the signing authority for the club. As mentioned I have to physically mail to him to sign and mail back to me ..

I'll speak to vicroads tomorrow and see what their excuse is. I doubt they will provide any leeway for me because of their stuff up. If I have to get a RWC ($$$) to re-permit it I'll be pretty PO'd ..
Ah OK. Wondering if Vicroads would accept a scanned signed form? You scan it and email it to your registrar which he signs and scans and emails it back to you?

Edit: Probably not as the signed and stamped section of the form needs to be stuck into the logbook.
Silver Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-06-2015, 11:43 PM   #7
Ratmick
IT Drone from Sector 7G
Donating Member2

Quote:
With a normal car you get three months leeway before you have to re-RWC...although you can't legally drive it in that time.

My missus made the mistake of letting her old Vectra lapse and it would cost too much to roadworthy so off to the wrecker it goes.
Ratmick is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2015, 01:25 PM   #8
Bearman
Moderator Ford Coupe Club

Quote:
Tonight I just noticed that two of my club permitted motorbikes are due for renewal in early July 2015, and I haven't received the paperwork yet.

This is distressing as my club is national and I need to mail the permit away to be authorized by the registrar before its mailed back to me to be finally paid to vicroads .. Basically can take me more than a week.

I contacted some other members and they indicated they also have renewals in July and haven't received them ..

.. Anyone else here on Vic club permit scheme who haven't reviewed renewals in the past month or so? I'm wondering if this a systemic error that I can get some leniency from vicroads?
How did you get on? All OK now?

http://www.fordcoupeclub.org

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there" George Harrison 2001.
Bearman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2015, 05:53 PM   #9
malazn mafia
Boss 335

Can club rego cars and trade plates be driven interstate? Saw a car roaming around Sydney with VIC Trade plates and thought it was rather odd..
malazn mafia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2015, 08:34 PM   #10
OzJavelin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by malazn mafia View Post
Can club rego cars and trade plates be driven interstate? Saw a car roaming around Sydney with VIC Trade plates and thought it was rather odd..
Club cars can except in WA which doesn't recognize Vic's permit scheme and wants club cars from interstate on their temporary scheme when over there .. don't know about trade plates.
Old 28-06-2015, 08:40 PM   #11
OzJavelin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearman View Post
How did you get on? All OK now?
Went to vicroads and had them printout new permits (I just had a horrible thought then that I didn't get a new logbook!)

The woman at vicroads had no explanation (and didn't care) regarding why they were missing. I've mailed them off to the club registrar, and I suspect they won't be back in time.

Vicroads advised we have three months to get the paperwork signed/paid ..

Went on a club ride today (approx fifty vintage bikes) and surprise .. Of the dozen people I spoke too .. Two had stuff missing from vicroads.
2 users like this post: