Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 15-02-2006, 12:31 PM   #61
Dezza
Parts bin special

Actually I shouldn't laugh. I got a parking ticket a couple of days ago. Bloody money hungry Monash. I didn't think they were checking for parking permits through the holidays, not that there is a parking problem during the holidays, but I was obviously wrong. Lowsy lowlifes.

Daily 2014 SZII Territory diesel - basic runabout

Previous Cars 1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - Tickford engine, 5 speed, SVO wheels, bodykit, much more
2000 AUII Fairmont - XR wheels, Ghia interior
2010 FG XR50T ute - XR8 bonnet, Streetfighter intake
Dezza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-02-2006, 12:33 PM   #62
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

Is that you behind the V8 Supercar easilverghia ? lol
Professor Farnsworth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-02-2006, 12:35 PM   #63
Dezza
Parts bin special

Haha! Nah, I'm a tall incredibly lanky bloke. That was one of my many gridgirl photos I took at Phillip Island at the end of last year.

Previous Cars 1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - Tickford engine, 5 speed, SVO wheels, bodykit, much more
Old 15-02-2006, 12:38 PM   #64
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

Yeah i was going to snap a couple of those type of shots at Sandown last year, don't think the missus would have been very impressed though (she was there) ;p
Old 15-02-2006, 12:47 PM   #65
Citric GT
Its yellow, NOT green!

Its not that bad...
Old 15-02-2006, 12:47 PM   #66
Dezza
Parts bin special

Well, I was at Sandown as well and got even more gridgirl photos there too! Ah, the joys of being single!

Old 15-02-2006, 12:51 PM   #67
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citric XR6
Its not that bad...
If you ever decide to sell that xr8, let me know ;p
Old 15-02-2006, 02:08 PM   #68
BlueRaven
Dual O2 sensors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
the guy in the helmet.. he's got a badge on his jacket shoulder.. he's a parking inspector I'll bet.
I was there and I didn't see that! Although I was there when that photo was taken, he WAS clearly parked in a disable parking space.

At the time I thought it was ironic, considering you'd have to be mentally disabled to do that to a car...
Old 15-02-2006, 02:19 PM   #69
Headsex
headsexTuned

Quote:
Danny, its the 10-12 deleted threads of dork that got him in deep. The first post was left as it was his opinion.. the rest were removed due to personal attacks and keyboard thuggery.
well. considering the first one is the only one i've seen. My comments still stand

I agree with racingdork that we should leave the guy alone.. Cos technically, we can pick on anyone here..

Example, pick on people who removed their factory wing...

Now, some people like it, and some people hate it..

Its the same with this XT, some people will like it. some people will hate it.. obviously most people posting here hate it...

Danny.
Headsex is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-02-2006, 02:22 PM   #70
ON_DUBS
[ON DUBS]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headsex
Cmon Guys, Give him a break, His car's obviously his Passion
either that or the autobarn catologue

Quote:
i'm sure there's alot of mods you've done in your life that others would poke a stick at like your doing to this poor bloke.
yeah ok, like the time a stuck a huge NISMO sticker on my bonnet
used: NOT.

when it comes down to it, if this guy wants to portray himself as a jackass then thats the way people are going to react to it.

on the topic of ricing out aussie cars... i see a VL turbo being able to pull it off without any dramas.
Old 15-02-2006, 02:24 PM   #71
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

I'll just pick on the dropkick for parking in a Disabled zone while clearly not displaying a disabled sticker then. To me thats far worse than anything he could do to a BA XT anyhow. To bad for the para who has no where to park safely now. Just for that alone he needs a good kicking.

As for the rice.. IMHO it looks crap. If he see's my comment he can live with it. After buying an AU Series 1 Auto VCT I've learnt people need a bloody thick skin cause not everyone likes evey car. In my case I got it for all 4.. AU, Series 1, auto AND VCT. I got over it, so can he.

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-02-2006, 02:25 PM   #72
ON_DUBS
[ON DUBS]

Quote:
Example, pick on people who removed their factory wing
no one picks on people for removing the factory wing there was a discussion recently about wether it looks better on or off.

the only people that get picked on are those that do WHACK S_H_I_T like the BA guy.
Old 15-02-2006, 05:56 PM   #73
max^power
Formerly au^ute

I agree casper, the guy didn't have a disabled sticker, if they have them in qld? but it was certianly in a disabled zone. Not right, no matter what car it is.
max^power is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-02-2006, 07:02 PM   #74
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Quote:
Originally Posted by max^power
I agree casper, the guy didn't have a disabled sticker, if they have them in qld? but it was certianly in a disabled zone. Not right, no matter what car it is.
I've always hated people who do that, t0ssers around my area do it all the time, or even worse, borrow a disabled tag from their parents or grandparents and use that to get free parking in the city all day. People never stop to think that they may need that parking spot one day, and when they do there'll be a w4nker like them parking in it illegally. But hey, it's a 'cool' thing to do apparently.
Old 15-02-2006, 07:18 PM   #75
LUXO_8
windsor user

Quote:
lol, just looked at it again.. the ricer has gotten a parking ticket.. under the wiper.. SUCKED IN!!! :
no no no, its the anti rice police. :
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-02-2006, 09:11 PM   #76
BlueRaven
Dual O2 sensors

Quote:
Originally Posted by max^power
Yeah, its a sticker or a plate or something that has to be in clear view.

Thankfully there were at least two disable parks there, so the disabled person that parked next to him later on had a park too..
Old 18-02-2006, 10:07 PM   #77
boss-290

Can someone please get this guy a job in "Pimp My Ride" at least he'll get some Jap Craps to work on.

That poor Falcon. If I got my hands on it, it will be pulled straight apart and put all it standard parts back on. At least the other cars won't make fun of it.

As for you RaceDork. You make me sick for saying that it his car and he can do what he likes. He may as well sh1t all over the Australian Flag and marry George W. Bush.