Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 05-12-2016, 02:30 PM   #1
Alan G Jackson
Starter Motor

Default Key's locked in Car ?

Hi people , My mate has come around to show me his 1999 AU Futura, Now the key's are locked in the boot by Accident ( He was only given 1 key when he purchased the car )

Without going to plan B ,( smashing the window) Is there anything else one can do , ( will try opening the door handle from the inside when we get home )

Thanks for all the help , it is VERY much appreciated . Alan J ..
Alan G Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-12-2016, 02:52 PM   #2
Maka
Au Falcon = Mr Reliable

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Embodiment of the AFF spirit in his efforts with ACP. 
Exclamation Re: Key's locked in Car ?

Hi Alan, coat hanger with a little hook & filed point end through a gap between the front drivers door lifting the door knob up. Will take some effort, maybe get your mate to prise the door away while inserting the coat hanger, good luck!

Ps, don't ask how I know...

cheer's, Maka

Proud owner of a optioned keeper S1 Tickford Falcon AU XR6 VCT - "it's actually a better-balanced car than the XR8, goes almost as hard and uses about two-thirds of the fuel" (Drive.com 2007)
Maka is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-12-2016, 03:49 PM   #3
DartAUxr8

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Excellent article on AU IRS rebuild. 
Default Re: Key's locked in Car ?

I got the RAC out to do mine and he just used a inflatable pump up bag ( from bunnings pluming department) slide in between rear door frame and B pillar..pump up bag then with some steel fuel line with a hook bent on the end go through the gap and open the door handle. took him all of 3 minutes i reckon.

426HP 730Nm
1/4 mile: 12.44 sec @ 110.42 MPH

Build thread
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11410574
DartAUxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 05-12-2016, 05:46 PM   #4
Alan G Jackson
Starter Motor

Well People , My Mate and I say a great THANK YOU for ALL your help and suggestions ,
We have it now unlocked ,---- Yeah-ha...
So once again Many Thanks . Alan J...
Alan G Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 05-12-2016, 08:15 PM   #5
Falcon0213

Lol yeah that's what road side assistance use the inflatable pump. But don't need one just something to wedge any thing you can find around your house door stopper or screwdriver if your really hard up
Falcon0213 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-12-2016, 09:10 PM   #6
ronwest
All Bran = Regular Member

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon0213 View Post
Lol yeah that's what road side assistance use the inflatable pump. But don't need one just something to wedge any thing you can find around your house door stopper or screwdriver if your really hard up
Yeah, you could also get some neighbourhood kid to unlock it in 3 seconds

ronwest is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post: