Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 23-03-2006, 07:32 PM   #1
deano81
SR Focus

Default Air Intake system for Ford Focus 1.8

Hey all!
I own a '04 Ford Focus SR 1.8L & would like to fit an air intake system into it.
Does any one know what ones work well in the SR.? I'd prefer one with a heat shield.
Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

deano81 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-03-2006, 08:29 PM   #2
FOCUSonTHIS
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

K&N sell air intake systems that have heat shields. I am not too sure on how much it costs but your local autobarn could tell you.

Welcome to the forums also, check out www.eurofordclub.com. We are always on the look out for new members.

Happy posting
FOCUSonTHIS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-03-2006, 09:50 PM   #3
deano81
SR Focus

I looked on the K&N site but there pod systems are for the American model Focus & im not sure which ones would be compatible with the Australian version Focus SR. I'll try Autobarn though.
Old 23-03-2006, 10:58 PM   #4
FOCUSonTHIS
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It's just a 1.8 Zetec engine

2002 AUIII XR6
1995 EF Falcon XR6
2003 LR Focus Zetec
1989 KE Laser TX3
FOCUSonTHIS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2006, 10:02 AM   #5
melbzetec
Old enough to know better

Pipercross Viper is my favourite. Fully enclosed, carbon fibre heat shield. Verified gains in torque and hp. BMC dynamic airbox is a similar system. Check out www.ffoc.co.uk.

Autobarn will flog you whatever they stock. The know jack shXt about Focus
Mods: Ford Racing CNC'd cylinder head milled .040", 3 angle valve grind. Ford Racing Stage II camshafts. Ford Racing cam gears. Ford Racing long tube header. Random Technology hi flow cat. Herrod 2.25" stainless cat-back. Pipercross Viper intake. CFM 65mm throttle body. 2000 ported intake manifold. Herrod Custom SCT tune. Eibach suspension. Quaife ATB diff. Wilwood 13" brakes. Custom ST170 leather interior.
www.cardomain.com/ride/2773918

melbzetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2006, 12:37 PM   #6
FRA
Mr Focus

I can get air intake system. there shouldn't be a problem using it on a 1.8L, look under zetec on my website.
I can get a K&N filter if you want to leave your air intake stock.
FRA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2006, 06:28 PM   #7
simonr
Focus Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by melbzetec
Check out www.ffoc.co.uk.

I have tried a couple of times..
They dont accept new members or something??
or am i just stupid..?
Old 25-03-2006, 12:26 AM   #8
melbzetec

You don't have to join to look at their Forums. Just can't post. But there is lots of discussion. Just click on Forums under the members section left hand side of page , then look for Filters/Induction
Mods: Ford Racing CNC'd cylinder head milled .040", 3 angle valve grind. Ford Racing Stage II camshafts. Ford Racing cam gears. Ford Racing long tube header. Random Technology hi flow cat. Herrod 2.25" stainless cat-back. Pipercross Viper intake. CFM 65mm throttle body. 2000 ported intake manifold. Herrod Custom SCT tune. Eibach suspension. Quaife ATB diff. Wilwood 13" brakes. Custom ST170 leather interior.

Old 25-03-2006, 02:24 AM   #9
deano81
SR Focus

Quote:
Originally Posted by melbzetec
Pipercross Viper is my favourite. Fully enclosed, carbon fibre heat shield. Verified gains in torque and hp. BMC dynamic airbox is a similar system. Check out www.ffoc.co.uk.

Autobarn will flog you whatever they stock. The know jack shXt about Focus
Firstly, thanks for the good advice.
Did you notice much difference in the way of sound with the Pipercross Viper?
Old 25-03-2006, 02:32 AM   #10
b2tf
not here much anymore

I have a K&N Typhoon Intake System which Im selling. Nothing wrong with it bar a few scratches etc on the pipe, filter is perfect. I just couldnt be stuffed making up a heatshield for it. I have a K&N Panel filter in the stock box so it'll do.
Old 25-03-2006, 07:50 AM   #11
melbzetec

Quote:
Originally Posted by deano81
Firstly, thanks for the good advice.
Did you notice much difference in the way of sound with the Pipercross Viper?
only from the exhaust.....a slightly deeper note. The Pipercross doesn't give you any under bonnet intake noise.....which is the way I like it. If you are after that intake woosh sound, this is not the one for you.

They are not cheap, but I got mine from www.fabre.com.au. About $495 from memory, which is a bloody good price compared to importing yourself from the UK

Do a search on this forum. I posted at the time the performance gain. Had it dynoed before and after.......something like 6-7% increase in power , with torque and power improvement right across the rev range (mind you, with other mods already in place such as exaust.....plus I installed a Pipercross induction hose at the same time (can't get anymore) so it's a measure of both, plus mine is a 2 litre Zetec)