Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 10-02-2006, 05:46 PM   #91
blutura
ZX-6R & Falcon pilot

hmm, i don't know if i trust this 'lastholdenmonaro' seller....

zero feedback score and only joined eBay on the 24th of January.

sounds like a scam to me.....lol
blutura is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2006, 08:21 PM   #92
phat_stak_tipa
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I wish it would go under a real massive hammer and get squashed hahahahaha now i sit and wait for the abuse to start......jokes people jokes lets all relax
phat_stak_tipa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2006, 08:35 AM   #93
red_hotxr6
Banned

Cool

Never a truer word spoken than in jest. :
red_hotxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2006, 02:13 PM   #94
Sprint347
Tickford

i think it's a fantastic idea... publicity for holden and funds for the luiekemia foundation at the cost to holden of 1 x 2 door taxi.

this thing will (regardless if we like it or not) will be worth alot of money in 30 years time... apparently there are international bidders from the US...

keep in mind the GTO's in the states that are what are being used for Pro-Stockers (the bodies anyway lol) and there are alot of people with stupid amounts of money that wouldn't blink at spending a million dollars on a car...
SZ Territory TS RWD TDCi
Sprint347 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-02-2006, 02:05 PM   #95
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It's all over Red Rover. Final Price was AU $187,600.00

I hope the winning bidder is a happy camper
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-02-2006, 12:28 PM   #96
2Fast2FuriousDude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Mike
Re: the 6-litre comment;

Ford, and BMW, have a history of refining technology and extracting the best from the available engine.
Holden, and Mercedes, have a history of just throwing a supercharger at it or getting more cubes.

I think that's some food for thought, don't you all?
Least Holden is an Australian name.
2Fast2FuriousDude is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-02-2006, 02:46 PM   #97
djjase
IT JUST GET'S BETTER

What a load of CRAP - that last monaro to be built - just like the last GT to be built was the XB then hang on the GT was released in the EL once again as a once off special then hang on the GT released in the BA range. Yeah like this will be the last Monaro to be built. They still will be sold in the USA as GTO's thats why the last one to be built in Aust as all the equipment to build them is been shipped off to the USA. I can hardly see a monaro where 47000 of them being built will be worth anything like a XY Phase 3 GT HO where only 300 were built.
djjase is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-02-2006, 06:04 PM   #98
Van D
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Fast2FuriousDude
Least Holden is an Australian name.
And that's about it.. It's still under GM and they source/build most of their cars from overseas (ie. Korea).

Quiet time for you

It's a fundraising auction though, so I can see why the price went up.. Still don't think it's worth it though.
Van D is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-02-2006, 09:21 PM   #99
2Fast2FuriousDude

Oh you think seriously Ford in America didn't come down do Australia. Like when Ford fans bagged out Holden for using American Engines, Especially when the Gen III came out. Then Ford turns around and plonks in a 5.4 Boss Engine (yes they are an excellent engine) into the BA Series which came from Canada. Now the Ford 6 speed auto gearboxes are being built in Germany. Ford has just shot themselves in their foot again.
How come at the moment Ford over in America are in trouble and the experts are saying that if they don't get themselves out of trouble Ford in England, Australia, and so on will follow.
Ford isn't pure Australian, Least G.M. named the Australian cars after the Australian Executives who founded Holden.

Cheers,
Jim :
Old 20-02-2006, 10:56 PM   #100
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

IF this went to charity then it is tax deductible? If that's the case then the winning bidder is only out of pocket half of the final price?

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
T3rminator is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-02-2006, 11:06 PM   #101
AUIII XR8 MAN
DJR TM#54

Location: on my p.c now with internet! ok i'll still use works internet too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucknaked

Not a bad amount of money raised.
Old 20-02-2006, 11:08 PM   #102
Ryan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Atleast it went for a realistic price instead of $10,000,000 wtf???.

Oh well I hope the winner is happy.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2006, 09:04 AM   #103
red_hotxr6
Banned

Smile

I may be wrong here but i was under the impression that ford stopped making the GT,s in the 70,s because they were getting to powerful?....then they started tomake them again in the 90,s because people wanted them back. Holden has stopped making the monaro,s simply because they are not selling.
Well thAt is the way i understand it. Please correct me if am wrong.
Old 21-02-2006, 02:48 PM   #104
2Fast2FuriousDude

Umm I was under the impression Holden stopped making Monaros because they wanted to keep their numbers to a minimum to keep their value high.
But Holden will relaunch the Monaros again in the near future.

Tell you something else that is said too. About the Ford GTHO or whatever you call them, back in the early 70s. My Dad's mate had a Holden EJ Ute with a 179 Red six motor.
He used to out do the GTs on the 1/4 mile. Not bad for a NA six cylinder 1964 model ute. Mind you though he could of bought a house for the money he spent on the engine.

Cheers,
Jim :
Old 24-02-2006, 03:35 PM   #105
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Umm I was under the impression Holden stopped making Monaros because they wanted to keep their numbers to a minimum to keep their value high.
But Holden will relaunch the Monaros again in the near future.

Tell you something else that is said too. About the Ford GTHO or whatever you call them, back in the early 70s. My Dad's mate had a Holden EJ Ute with a 179 Red six motor.
He used to out do the GTs on the 1/4 mile. Not bad for a NA six cylinder 1964 model ute. Mind you though he could of bought a house for the money he spent on the engine.

Cheers,
Jim :
They stopped making them as they didn't sell very well and made unnessecary complications on the production line.

As for the EJ ute, if he had of spent the same money hotting up a GT as he did the red 6 then he would have been a few seconds quicker down the quarter again.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2006, 05:49 PM   #106
hothed
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullthrottle
IF this went to charity then it is tax deductible? If that's the case then the winning bidder is only out of pocket half of the final price?
Unfortunately, no. It isnt.

Its the same with the raffle tickets that go to 'Boys Town' etc. where u can win cars / houses... etc

If you profit from it (ie. get a car / chance to win) then you cant claim it.
hothed is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2006, 06:15 PM   #107
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

Quote:

: Take a couple of zeros off it and that would be more reasonable.
I wouldn't EVER pay that much for a car. Not even a Ford. Collectable or not.
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

If there's one thing guys in Holdens hate more than being beaten by a Ford...
It's being beaten by a girl driving a Ford
Feathers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2006, 06:47 PM   #108
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

They just had the owner of the Monaro on the news. His plans are to put the car with his other collectables. It will go along side a couple of Ford GT's and some fire trucks. the car will go into a Carcoon with fresh air pumped in to keep the car in showroom condition. Obviously a collecter, its good to see its going to someone with an appreciation for cars.
Old 24-02-2006, 06:51 PM   #109
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by djjase
What a load of CRAP - that last monaro to be built - just like the last GT to be built was the XB then hang on the GT was released in the EL once again as a once off special then hang on the GT released in the BA range. Yeah like this will be the last Monaro to be built. They still will be sold in the USA as GTO's thats why the last one to be built in Aust as all the equipment to build them is been shipped off to the USA. I can hardly see a monaro where 47000 of them being built will be worth anything like a XY Phase 3 GT HO where only 300 were built.
Collectors will pay what collectors feel the car is worth. If market value says the last monaro is worth half a mil in 20 years time, the owner can name anyprice he wants. Regadless of whether its just one of 47,000 monaro's built, its the last one. Nothing can replace what this car is. The last Monaro.

Quote:

Cheers,
Jim :
A fully worked engine v something stock from factory. Doesn't matter whether the car was a 6 and could out do the 351, it wasn't stock. So theres no comparasin. Especially as the GTHO can go for 100 grand, and the trusty old EJ you can pick up at used car yard for the cost of a couple of slabs of beer and a tow truck :

Last edited by Bucknaked; 24-02-2006 at 06:59 PM.
Old 24-02-2006, 06:53 PM   #110
Falcon_Phill
1967 XR Falcon

Quote:
They just had the owner of the Monaro on the news. His plans are to put the car with his other collectables. It will go along side a couple of Ford GT's and some fire trucks. the car will go into a Carcoon with fresh air pumped in to keep the car in showroom condition. Obviously a collecter, its good to see its going to someone with an appreciation for cars.
Yeh i seen that, spending that much money, one of the GT's is probably some phase 4 ИИИИin thing.
Old 24-02-2006, 06:58 PM   #111
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon_Phill
Yeh i seen that, spending that much money, one of the GT's is probably some phase 4 ИИИИin thing.
He was a little quiet about what type of GT. But any collecter who writes a cheque for $187,600 would have some decent GT's hidden away. He definatley wasn't short of a quid
Old 24-02-2006, 07:00 PM   #112
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Damn. Forgot about this.

Went for an alright price. The guy who bought it is probably thinking that it may be worth more in a few years.
Old 24-02-2006, 07:52 PM   #113
Falcon_Phill
1967 XR Falcon

Quote:
He was a little quiet about what type of GT. But any collecter who writes a cheque for $187,600 would have some decent GT's hidden away. He definatley wasn't short of a quid
especially with the way he keeps them, love to be in that shed for a day!
Old 24-02-2006, 08:01 PM   #114
MNM96
LIFELONG DJR SUPPORTER

The Guy, who is from Emerald CQ, is a House Relocator. He has a nice collection of GT's, and this was his first Holden for the collection.
MNM96 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2006, 08:09 PM   #115
red_hotxr6
Banned

Wink

Not being picky but i think he said filtered air, not fresh.
Old 25-02-2006, 09:08 AM   #116
red_hotxr6
Banned

Cool

Seems mr mattingley is actually a ford man. He was a ford mechanic and owns 9 restored xy falcons and another 6 more being restored.
Old 03-04-2006, 05:57 PM   #117
Dazza XLT
Back in a Ford

Was in Emerald on the weekend. He is planning on building a showroom for all his cars over the next few months. I don't know whether this is true, but my mate told me he has a few HO's, including a Phase 3, and a Phase 4??? Thats what he reckons, so it is unconfirmed. : I could be wrong!