Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 28-03-2006, 11:14 PM   #61
Gimmers55
Black Jade Pony

Although I don't watch it much, looks like a job for 'A Current Affair'
Old 28-03-2006, 11:24 PM   #62
Sprint_ED
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

thats typical bloody coles myer attitudes
Sprint_ED is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-03-2006, 11:25 PM   #63
Deadman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimmers55
Although I don't watch it much, looks like a job for 'A Current Affair'
Agreed. Absolute pricks.
Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-03-2006, 12:09 AM   #64
AC
Saving for a Jet Car

Did you get any photo's of the mark on the shaft ?
Would be very useful later on...

Also the problem with the Uni's could be a result of their initial handy work.
AC is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-03-2006, 11:07 AM   #65
one chance

The word.
Brisbane drive shafts have the shaft now, Guess what?

Its bent bloody amazing not really it’s just a matter of getting and or finding a reputable firm these days. Should not have; had to yet. Brisbane drive shafts are one of the few.

Their was a negligible amount of side ways movement in the front CV’s to which Brisbane drive shafts just placed on a different clamp all fixed.
Brisbane Drive shafts regardless of K-mart’s proffering to pay for the repairs;
Have said that it’s gratis “Free”.

Now all I need is for K-Mart to pay the mechanic for his time and effort, for someone that I had only had only used once, well he put in the hard yards, in chasing up the repairs, which he did not have to do.

So thanks Evan from E & S Automotive PH: 0403366455 for his unbiased advice and help with dealing with K-Mart.

Brisbane Drive Shafts, Thanks.

The damage was described in detail, and was an Honest no crap assessment of the damage done by K-Mart.

And I have been stuffed around now for four weeks, K-Mart had done the damage through negligent work, it had taken all this time to get it sorted.

Only through the intervention, by Evan was this at all possible.
And the advice of the forum and an Honest Business Brisbane Drive Shafts.

The lengths everyone must go to these days, to get the job done, does not astound me anymore its just mind numbing, knowing if a business does wrong by you.
It takes a hell of a lot of stress time and effort to get it set right.

I will keep you informed if K-Mart will pay for the labour, not to forget they still have to pay for one lug bolt.
As ya know ya need to withdraw the axle to remove the offending lug nut and replace it, which inturn you have to replace the axle seal, not a small job.

Stay tuned for what happens after K-mart have been given the invoice, as I’m doing the right thing by Evan and paying him out of my pocket for the work.

I hope to be reimbursed by K-Mart yet to see.
Old 03-04-2006, 03:42 AM   #66
GCFordChic
I love AU XR8s

Lightbulb Ouch

Sorry to hear bout whats happened, but you can get unlucky anywhere.

My dad took his recently modified BA MKII XR8 ute to a very reputable mechanic for a simple minor service, went over the road to another shop and heard his car start up, then he heard it accellerating away (very nice sound, just not when you know it aint meant to be moving further than a few metres into the workshop!) he ran out to the street saw the ИИИИ end of it pulling away at considerably speed. Next second some young punk comes round the corner and slams on the brakes. The manager said he was taking it for a test drive to see what was wrong! Not happy! Luckily nothing happened to the car except that it had to wait a few days for it oil change.

Unfortunately bad eggs are everywhere, and while i understand your frustration, you take a risk everytime someone else touches your car. I work for Kmart and agree the process can be long, but i also know that if people make more trouble when we are in the process of fixing something (such as millions of phonecalls or talkin to the media) it doesnt speed up the process, in fact it can have the opposite effect. Even though everyone puts the company down, and also the staff that are bound by its policies and systems, consider the amount of people they deal with everyday. Just remember when you are talking to an employee you are probably the 20th person that day to raise your voice, tell them they are stupid, tell them the company is stupid and tell them they dont have customer service skills.

Remember guys(and gals) places like Kmart Tyre and Auto continue to exist because they provide a cheaper service to people who generally just want to make sure their car runs. Like anything if you want to invest in quality, do so, but recognise the importance of places like it that provide a competitive industry which in turn keeps the better places a little cheaper. Lets not throw too much sh*t at it.

Perservere and dont give up until you are satisfied with the outcome. :
GCFordChic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2006, 08:03 AM   #67
Papa Smurf
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Get to a solicitor and have him write aletter to them explaining what your beef is and that legal action will be instituted 21 days after the letter.
Papa Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2006, 07:27 AM   #68
one chance

The Final Word

The shaft has come back, care of Brisbane drive shafts repaired and balanced YES!
E&S Will invoice K-mart for his labour
The Limo's on her wheels & the road again where she belongs.

Once again thanks for the input.

regardless if your the first customer they have seen that day or the last, Do it right the first time around, and everyones happy.

One thing about life with machines, its a learning curve, yet when its your machine that you have spent years bringing back from the abyss.

When you know the wrong thing has been done, I will stand up for my rights and I will fight hard, to set it right by the wrong do'ers, that instigate problems to increase their companies cash.

On that note I had just heard that a lass was told that she had to replace all 20 lug nuts, on her car.

Anyone heard of having to replace all the standard lug nuts[U], on a car before?

I sure as hell havn't.

Good one K-mart tyre and auto Morayfield NOT

The only thing that would need to be replaced, is the doctrine of stick it to the unknowing, as they are the leeches that will rip you blind, if you are not weary of the CON.

Why do they do it, so their budjet looks better, or is it to get that ИИИИy bonus for ripping the public blind.

Couldnt care less if they have been around for years, I suppose its time their tyre and auto section should be closed for everyones good.