Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 31-03-2006, 09:49 PM   #1
Falcon Freak
Banned

Default Another interesting Ford related thread on LS1 forums

Link

FF

Falcon Freak is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-03-2006, 10:18 PM   #2
Jet-Star

I read most of that,

"Mate, keep fighting it for just a few more weeks (well maybe a few months) like the rest of us and hold out for a VE.
It will leap-frog the Fords and suddenly make them yesterday's hero.
Alot of us will be jumping into the latest Holden in a few months time and values of the current HSV's and FPV's will take a dive."

Geez theres some ****ers around....VE versus F6? Pfft..
Jet-Star is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-03-2006, 10:23 PM   #3
Stevexr6

Just checked out the holden link and read the general chatter amongst the red army.Seems to me their spirit has been broken.Lots of talk about the F6 and Ford having the better product.
Stevexr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-03-2006, 10:26 PM   #4
Deadman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevexr6
Lots of talk about the F6 and Ford having the better product.
And we know that the F6 and general Ford / FPV line up is superior ;) The VE might make them competitive for a change, until Orion at least :evil3:
Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-03-2006, 10:39 PM   #5
Falcon Freak
Banned

I read it as they are finally starting to acknowledge Ford products. Until a couple of years ago most of those guys wouldn't give a Ford or a Tickford product a second look. Lets hope Orion builds on Barra's success.

FF
Falcon Freak is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-04-2006, 12:42 AM   #6
Lukeyson
Right out sideways

IMO people like that go with the flow, media are loving the F6 atm, so they want to be cool and get them a FPV F6.

Alot of my mates are like that, all of a sudden they love Fords after being 'THRU AND THRU HOLDEN MEN' because Ford are winning races

Personally i cant stand it when people do that, like a car/brand because YOU like it. GOSH FRICKEN IDIOTS. lol
Old 01-04-2006, 01:26 AM   #7
Deadman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR8fella
IMO people like that go with the flow, media are loving the F6 atm, so they want to be cool and get them a FPV F6.

Alot of my mates are like that, all of a sudden they love Fords after being 'THRU AND THRU HOLDEN MEN' because Ford are winning races

Personally i cant stand it when people do that, like a car/brand because YOU like it. GOSH FRICKEN IDIOTS. lol
Just make sure you don't confuse those people with people who buy good cars because they're good cars (best in their field etc etc). You can't blame someone for not buying a Ford (or any other brand) if another Make does the job better.

A lot of people are buying the BA / BF at the moment because of how good it is, and if ever (god forbid) future models aren't class leading, then they will go to what is. I mean, I love Ford, but in the past decade there are cars with the Ford logo on them that I just would not buy - IMO they are garbage. I think people who buy a car just for the logo are quite foolish as well...

But yes - I see your point about the Holden fanatics who are now Ford fanatics... If you're a Holden fantatic, it's because you love the brand, not the latest comodore or race statistics. I know how you feel - my brother in law is one of em... Whole family has been Holden forever, ever since the BA and first Ambrose win - he's been all Ford... I'm watching him though - they'll stab you in the back when you least expect it :
Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-04-2006, 11:19 AM   #8
sbcb
BA Xr8

Most of the staunch holden fans I run into I just ask one question - "holden fan aye? what japanese car do you drive then?" Its usually right on the nerve and shuts them up. Put your money where your mouth is.
sbcb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-04-2006, 11:32 AM   #9
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

very intertesting thread
Old 01-04-2006, 11:34 AM   #10
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbcb
Most of the staunch holden fans I run into I just ask one question - "holden fan aye? what japanese car do you drive then?" Its usually right on the nerve and shuts them up. Put your money where your mouth is.
I'd suggest they shut up rather then even get more embarrased and set you right that their cars are actually sourced from Korea...they proabably would prefer it was Japan.
Dr Smith is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-04-2006, 01:02 PM   #11
SSBUB
SSuper SSpy

Being a holden fan, I can honestly say the F6 is a nice bit of kit. From the rims to the engine, theres alot to like.

I dont know why there is hostility to that thread in ls1 though? i think alot of them are being honest and saying the F6 is a worthy car to look at.

But if I had the money i would wait till the hsv range of the VE series comes out. If they look like crap then i would go the typhoon.

I wont buy a car based on brand if it does not stack up to expectation. For my budget which included price, looks and the way it drives, the VX SS was what i could get.

Oh and i doubt now of all times 'our spirit has been broken' on the verge of the VE release - most of the LS1 crew are waiting in anticipation to see what comes of the VE.

In the end i think you will find that holden fans are V8 fans. I think the ls1 is a better engine than the Boss - thats just my opinion, but ford has the 6 cylinder stakes by a long way. I dont think any holden fan could argue the alloytech being superioir to, say the xr6t etc.

Last edited by SSBUB; 01-04-2006 at 01:28 PM.
SSBUB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-04-2006, 01:51 PM   #12
ClevlndStemer
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

interesting thread, I have no doubt the VE will be a good car either. I think he would be best to wait until the VE is released to see what is on offer.

Now I wonder what would have happened if that kind of thread was created here, car brands switched. hmmmm....
ClevlndStemer is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-04-2006, 01:54 PM   #13
JD86
DELANY

interesting thread, good read
Old 01-04-2006, 04:30 PM   #14
HSE2

I like the fact a car with 30000kms that was hardly driven had the brake system metal to metal. How do you get 30000kms and hardly drive it?

If I were him I think I might also be waiting to see what VE brings out. FPV came up short with BF and have a bit more in the cupboard.
BREAKING NEWS: The Pity Train has just derailed at the intersection of "Suck It Up & Move On" after it crashed into "We All Have Problems" before coming to a complete stop at "Get the Hell Over It." Reporting LIVE from Quitchur Bitchin'
HSE2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-04-2006, 05:52 PM   #15
Ryan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think its great to see Holden fans take interest in the current BA/BF line up.

Its mainly the XR6T and Typhoon that have changed their minds.

I havent driven a VY/VZ or a BA/BF before, but I know which ones I would take based on looks, and thats the BA/BF.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-04-2006, 06:11 PM   #16
Fairlane
V8 Powaah

Certainly a good change, but what can you expect really, the VZ is old hat it is based on the '97 VT and is due for replacement in what 6 months.

Good to see anyway, it certainly hasnt got that bad for the holden fans, as it did for us in the darkest AU days or the mid 1980's for Commodore fans, they sill have the LS2 Clubsport with edit and the 6.0L Caprice to keep them happy.

XF S pack Sedan- AU 302 Windsor, T5, 2.77 LSD, Many Mods
Fairlane is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2006, 01:09 AM   #17
chief
FTF Club Moderator

Read this:

"I just dropped my car off at the mechanic (needs new ABS module I think). When he was driving me to work, I started whinging about Holden. He said that he was a Ford man through and through ... but his next car would be a Holden. He reckens that he just finished a course on the new Ford engine computer management system and it will be a nightmare. For example, if you remove the radio/CD console and lie it down on an angle of more than 17 degrees, it will be stuffed and you'll have to buy a new one. Also, if the air conditioning runs out of gas, the engine will shut down. He said there were heaps of other "tricks" and that the new computers were just too complicated. Anyway, he reckens he'll be ordering his new Clubsport soon based on all the money he is going to make off repairing Fords."

This is propaganda at its best. One eyed bias.

Falcon Tickford FPV (FTF) Car Club of NSW

Fords in the Park 2010

I use and recommend Stingray Car Security.
http://www.stingraycar.com.au/
chief is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2006, 12:06 PM   #18
Shonky
my other ride is the bus.

Good on the bloke for being realistic and looking at the car for what it is, rather than what badge it has on the grill.

Whats wrong with being a Holden man and liking the F6? Whats not to like? Im sure if the F6 was a Holden car, most of you would be drooling too...

He is right in saying that at the moment, FORD has more to offer than HOLDEN. Remember that it isnt always like this. Ford have certainly had their fair share of dark days, where we simply couldnt compete against the superior Holden product. Undoubtedly there will be more times like this ahead, when Holden get their game together again and Ford lose their edge.

I cannot understand why some of you are having a dig at this bloke because he likes a Ford but is a Holden fan... it just proves that not all of us "enthusiasts" are driven by this 'us and them' mentality.

Good on him. I hope he enjoys his F6.

+ Lots of Land Rovers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sourbastard
Edelbrock.... not Peter Brock. Theres a world of difference. For a start my heads have much less gum tree in them.
Shonky is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2006, 12:12 PM   #19
GOLDIE
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by chief
Read this:

"I just dropped my car off at the mechanic (needs new ABS module I think). When he was driving me to work, I started whinging about Holden. He said that he was a Ford man through and through ... but his next car would be a Holden. He reckens that he just finished a course on the new Ford engine computer management system and it will be a nightmare. For example, if you remove the radio/CD console and lie it down on an angle of more than 17 degrees, it will be stuffed and you'll have to buy a new one. Also, if the air conditioning runs out of gas, the engine will shut down. He said there were heaps of other "tricks" and that the new computers were just too complicated. Anyway, he reckens he'll be ordering his new Clubsport soon based on all the money he is going to make off repairing Fords."

This is propaganda at its best. One eyed bias.
Geuss what the radio thing is allready with us in the ba's and bf's it's to stop people stealing them.
As for the a/c bit.
I can not see this happening as i would endanger lives.

I can not see him doing a course on the new falcon computers as ford would not be training there staff yet.
If he is talking about the bf computor that is different.
Old 04-04-2006, 01:39 PM   #20
SB076
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I thought it was a good thread, most of the guys there were supportive

with Sunroof and tinted windows
with out all the go fast bits I actually need :
SB076 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post