Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 25-03-2020, 12:00 AM   #1
ljf12

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY View Post
Presser went for about an hour and most of it waffle. Clear and concise please FFS
Can only hope that no one outside Australia watched him, you can have a haircut (limited to 30 mins) but you can’t have your nails done.
You can still ride in a packed train or bus, but you can’t have a spray tan.
4 users like this post:
Old 25-03-2020, 12:19 AM   #2
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljf12 View Post
Can only hope that no one outside Australia watched him, you can have a haircut (limited to 30 mins) but you can’t have your nails done.
Well the contradictory restrictions is another problem too
Old 25-03-2020, 12:27 AM   #3
Captain Stubing
Looking for clues...
Donating Member3

Quote:
You can always engage personal common sense... Should I touch that? No? But if you have to, clean off your hands with soap and water before you pick your nose.

EVERYTHING you touch in public is suspected of being infected, treat it as such.

I've had nearly 30 years of dealing with unknown diseases by collecting blood and other bodily fluids from different areas, AIDS, Heptatitis, Swine Flu, many more I've not known about, and I've never been infected.
and... a collection of Jeep Towpigs
and... two collections of rust and some new plastic bits roughly shaped like an F-Truck
and.... some spare metal bits with holes in them

Last edited by Captain Stubing; 25-03-2020 at 12:37 AM.
Old 25-03-2020, 07:03 AM   #4
buggerlugs
If it ain't broke........
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanny View Post
You can always engage personal common sense... Should I touch that? No? But if you have to, clean off your hands with soap and water before you pick your nose.

EVERYTHING you touch in public is suspected of being infected, treat it as such.

I've had nearly 30 years of dealing with unknown diseases by collecting blood and other bodily fluids from different areas, AIDS, Heptatitis, Swine Flu, many more I've not known about, and I've never been infected.
So you work for the Australian Taxation Office
4 users like this post:
Old 25-03-2020, 07:09 AM   #5
Sioso
irregular member

Quote:
Let's not forget this ripper comment from last night "Anyone who has a job is an essential service"
WTF does that mean?
If that's the case why are we referring to it as an essential service, why not just keep calling it a job?
This user likes this post:
Old 25-03-2020, 07:31 AM   #6
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

I’m sort of put out by the Oz government basically pulling up stumps until 11th August but leaving the door open to make up things as they go - including constituting a quorum, cf:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hansard
"...the House may meet in a manner and form not otherwise provided in the standing orders with the agreement of the Leader of the House and the Manager of Opposition Business, with the manner in which Members may be present (including for the purposes of achieving a quorum) to be determined by the Speaker"
After enacting indisputably Draconian measures the last thing I want is for them to grant themselves the right to bugger off and hide. I would much prefer they had agreed bindingly to convene much more regularly and own their decisions.
Old 25-03-2020, 08:27 AM   #7
turbo4
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sioso View Post
Let's not forget this ripper comment from last night "Anyone who has a job is an essential service"
WTF does that mean?
If that's the case why are we referring to it as an essential service, why not just keep calling it a job?
It means that every person currently working and paying tax is essential to the nation's economy at this time, he did explain that.

DJRTP Gold Team Mate ::: Tickford Racing Gold Member
Old 25-03-2020, 09:16 AM   #8
Sioso
irregular member

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo4 View Post
It means that every person currently working and paying tax is essential to the nation's economy at this time, he did explain that.
I'm asking why we are calling jobs essential services?
If non-essential services don't exist I don't understand the reason to confuse the public by referring to work as essential services.
I took over a dozen calls from staff yesterday trying to confirm if our industry is classed as essential services.
This user likes this post:
Closed Thread