Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 15-12-2023, 10:25 PM   #1
Tassie f100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Why is it.................?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsme View Post
Guys, when was the last time you booked on the ferry, it is fn ridiculous since it opened up after covid shutdowns, you got to book many months in advance to get your vehicle on it, you may be lucky if someone cancels.
I was put through hoops early this year getting over and back by ferry.
By the way I hope you like sailing on an overload boat with passengers, have fun trying to find a decent table and seats, a cabin was my salvation.
Generally normal cars aren’t a problem getting a spot.but caravans and overheight can be up to 4 months.Prices are right up there too.but because of the number of bookings I can’t see prices easing.Last time I travelled January ‘22.I did a day trip return,didn’t have any problems finding a seating in a quiet spot
Tassie f100 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-12-2023, 11:23 PM   #2
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassie f100 View Post
Generally normal cars aren’t a problem getting a spot.but caravans and overheight can be up to 4 months.Prices are right up there too.but because of the number of bookings I can’t see prices easing.Last time I travelled January ‘22.I did a day trip return,didn’t have any problems finding a seating in a quiet spot
Been on the ferry quite a few times over the years but my comment was for early this year, it was the worst I've ever seen, and bookings were horrendous.
I have never taken my caravan over to Tassie.
Itsme is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-12-2023, 10:06 PM   #3
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

I’ve previously done it return with a loaded car trailer and Fairlane tow car - that was nothing too difficult. Just the ute on Monday night, empty tray; last call if anyone wants a pallet or panels bringing to the mainland.
Citroënbender is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-12-2023, 10:55 PM   #4
Tassie f100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
I’ve previously done it return with a loaded car trailer and Fairlane tow car - that was nothing too difficult. Just the ute on Monday night, empty tray; last call if anyone wants a pallet or panels bringing to the mainland.
I do the oddAirtasker job and there was a job put up couple of weeks back,someone wanting a King mattress delivered to Sydney.I have messaged them.waiting for a reply.Are you interested couple hundred bucks
Old 16-12-2023, 11:13 PM   #5
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

100%, if they’re still waiting and can work in with me. Tray 2150 long, 1830 wide internally. Got a blue tarp plus mesh cover.
Old 16-12-2023, 11:21 PM   #6
Tassie f100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
100%, if they’re still waiting and can work in with me. Tray 2150 long, 1830 wide internally. Got a blue tarp plus mesh cover.
No reply yet,maybe tomorrow,will keep you updated
Old 17-12-2023, 05:52 AM   #7
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

I’ve now solved this myself, but it deserves mention for “life under a rock” reasons.

Looking at the publicly viewable Faceache page for NSW police. With reports of people missing, instead of “likes” - half the posts in response seemed to have an emoticon of a yellow smiley that’s been punched in the mouth, dribbling blood. This unexplained violent imagery puzzled me; wondered if it was relatives of the missing, warning other posters to MYOB.

After several months I discovered via Google, it was supposed to be a yellow smiley hugging a red heart.
4 users like this post:
Old 18-12-2023, 10:51 AM   #8
Tassie f100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Hi Mate no response so I guess it won’t happen
This user likes this post: