Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 29-04-2006, 11:10 AM   #31
joshf2
striped

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechan1k
I can't remember Josh ... does the Festy had a reflector housing ... or a Projector in it???
its only got a reflector houseing :( and it doesnt look like projectors are available yet either :(
joshf2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2006, 03:13 PM   #32
Duffman
Oh Yeah!

For the price of a HID kit now its better to get the real thing. I bought a good quality HID kit for $250 deleiverd (this is from a aussie seller not a cheap imported ebay thing).

Besides wiring them up which can be annoying they make those fake coloured bulbs look brown in comparison. I had a $50 set of narva blue bulbs and they look like standard bulbs in comparison to the real thing. I surpose you get what you pay for though. Hid also seems to avoid that 'fake hid blue' look which looks terrible and is distracting.

They are 6000k and look just white but they do appear blue at the cut off point at the projector which people will only see if you hit bumps in the road.

They last 3200 hours on one set of bulbs and replacement bulbs are $90 for the pair.

When I was at autobarn they sell all the fake blue lights and said they are sick of replacing the phillip ones as the blow really easily. So my mate purchased them... 1 month later the passanger one stuffed up and they wouldnt replace it.
Old 29-04-2006, 04:08 PM   #33
Phil
......Ford........

I didnt know you could get them for parkers as well. I will do a bit of hunting in the shops and see whats on offer. Plenty of good advise on this thread, Phillips or Narva seem to be the ones of favorite. thanks all
FG 315 Pursuit ute....#20
"Green is Nice"
Phil is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2006, 04:21 PM   #34
LUXO_8
windsor user

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffman
For the price of a HID kit now its better to get the real thing. I bought a good quality HID kit for $250 deleiverd (this is from a aussie seller not a cheap imported ebay thing).
the whole issue is you and i are spoilt by the fact we have projectors, in a reflector they are nothing short of terrible....both in how they light the road and dead spots and in glare.....
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2006, 04:35 PM   #35
HLC
Audi S3

i have Narva artic blues in my car and am very happy.

my dad was impressed so went and got blue visions in his xr8 and for my mums fairlane... i am much more impressed with them again. so if i get a pair of projector lights, then ill chuck blue visions behind them.
Old 03-05-2006, 09:19 AM   #36
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADNC_8
the whole issue is you and i are spoilt by the fact we have projectors, in a reflector they are nothing short of terrible....both in how they light the road and dead spots and in glare.....
I know ... I used to have my HID setup in a reflector housing ... and it really was crap ... I am finding now though behind the projector that the halogen beam reaches further and I see more.

I could go back to HID again in the new lights ... but after what I have seen them do to my previous lights ... I really don't want to risk damaging them ... so for now ... i will still with Halogen ... and use Duffman as a guinea pig and see if the HIDs damage the reflector cup in the projector.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-05-2006, 09:20 AM   #37
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLC
i have Narva artic blues in my car and am very happy.

my dad was impressed so went and got blue visions in his xr8 and for my mums fairlane... i am much more impressed with them again. so if i get a pair of projector lights, then ill chuck blue visions behind them.

When I get the time ... I have to put my Blue Visions in ... but at the moment ... the stocko cheap halogen globe is in .... and it looks brown (mainly because I was so used to seeing 6000K beams).

I might replace one globe and take a comparison photo.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post