Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 03-05-2006, 02:16 PM   #31
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevlndStemer
of course i haven't met the majority of all p-platers but the majority i meet on the road each and everyday certainly don't do P-platers any favours. Just have to attend any uni to see a large amount of them. Night time is even worse and I won't have a bias to gender either.
Want to watch a bunch of inexperienced P platers make goons of themselves? Just sit outside any high school at 3.15pm and you'lle soon see 'em.
Old 03-05-2006, 02:23 PM   #32
Black XR6
Formerly Black EX-R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4.9 EF Futura
Probably not explaining myself well (yet again lol).

Im not suggesting 50% or more of the P plater population are idiots/losers/whatever....

Im just syaing that, compared to the non-p plater population, there is a higher proportion of idiots. I'll just reach between my buttocks and pull out some numbers for an example's sake...

Maybe.... 10% of p platers drive like idiots vs 5% of non-platers.... ? 1% of p platers vs 0.5% of non-platers? etc etc
I agree with you in a way. But in other respects I dont. For instance. Sure, a proportion of P platers drive like idiots. And another proportion of full licence drivers drive the same way. Now, what if P platers get in more accidents as a result of this driving due directly to their lack of experience. Whilst most of the full licence drivers get away with it as they have the experience to back it up. It wouldnt surprise me if more full licence drivers drive like idiots but get away with it simply because they have the attitude ive been driving for 20 years or 30 years or whatever the case may be.

Stinking, mongrel, dog.
Black XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-05-2006, 02:26 PM   #33
Black XR6
Formerly Black EX-R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by deesun
Want to watch a bunch of inexperienced P platers make goons of themselves? Just sit outside any high school at 3.15pm and you'lle soon see 'em.
Want to see a bunch of full licence drivers make goons of themselves. Sit outside a motorsport event and watch them leave, youll soon see it.

Stinking, mongrel, dog.
Old 03-05-2006, 02:29 PM   #34
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

[QUOTE=Black XR6]Want to see a bunch of full licence drivers make goons of themselves. Sit outside a motorsport event and watch them leave, youll soon see it.[/QUOTE)

Bet the P platers will be in front of them. Or there will be a higher percentage of them.
Old 03-05-2006, 02:42 PM   #35
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black XR6
So what category do I fit into Deesun?
Sorry missed this post before.
It doesn't matter what category and I haven't called you anything and if you read my posts properly you wouldn't be sounding so defensive. I judge peoples driving by the way I see them driving and I don't remember the last time aI saw an 80,70,60,50,40, year old doing wheelies in a main street. But I do remember the last time I saw a p plater doing it. Yesterday. If he had been a 50yr old doing it I would have said he was w F/wit too.
Old 03-05-2006, 02:56 PM   #36
Black XR6
Formerly Black EX-R6

You misunderstand Deesun. Wsa just wondering how I came across. I think you need to be a little less defensive mate.

You said it was easy to tell who were younger or older in these posts. I was curious as to what you thought I was. Chill man.

Stinking, mongrel, dog.
Old 03-05-2006, 04:11 PM   #37
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Its all good. I read in another post recently where its hard to judge how people are feeling by the way a message is typed and its true. I would put you in the 26-35 bracket but probably under 30. Still close to that P plate age to defend them so much but without the hindsight that comes with being an old f@rt (over 40) like me.
By the way full lisenced drivers get away with it a bit cos more often they look for a copper before they do it. And if they dont they are f/wits.
Old 03-05-2006, 04:20 PM   #38
K_Man
Whoa, this is heavy!

Bah. I cant wait to be off my P's so i too can be Perfect™ :alien2:
Old 03-05-2006, 04:34 PM   #39
DivHunter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

hmm someone can make some easy money out of a defamation suit.
Speed cameras have changed the things we pay attention to and the things we regard as important. Instead of focusing on the dangers ahead, motorists feel that they have been relieved of responsibility for managing their own driving, and have ceded it instead to the mechanical intervention of the camera and other traffic signals.
DivHunter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-05-2006, 05:00 PM   #40
nat_daly
Nat D

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiddy
Its not just P platers, alot of drivers need a good kick up the ***...

Ask a tow truck driver who he picks up more from accidents, and I garentee you'll be suprised.. it wont be P platers..
P platers just get more exposure.
lol
matt dont turn this into the same thread you did on fordmods!
haha
good memories
old ride#1: ED XR6 5 speed-gone to new home:(
old ride#2:dumped EL fairmont 5l
new ride: Winter white AU2 XR8-manual
nat_daly is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-05-2006, 05:06 PM   #41
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairmont99
hmm someone can make some easy money out of a defamation suit.
Nobody been defamatory here yet. And like most here I am far from perfect but having been there, having com from there and currently dealing with one in the household and around I find its the P plater who more often than not thinks he knows it all, EG in another thread in this forum only very recently a young blokes friend blamed a tyre blow out for the fact his car spun out and did a considerable amount of damage. Had young driver not been doing something dumb the car would have sustained a considerable less amount of damage. But of course it wasn't his fault.
Old 03-05-2006, 05:08 PM   #42
DivHunter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

P plater or no unless he has proof it's a disc jokey spinning BS
Speed cameras have changed the things we pay attention to and the things we regard as important. Instead of focusing on the dangers ahead, motorists feel that they have been relieved of responsibility for managing their own driving, and have ceded it instead to the mechanical intervention of the camera and other traffic signals.
DivHunter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-05-2006, 05:19 PM   #43
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Middle of busy main street,not many witnesses there if he was called to court. Ex cop too so I guess no one would believe him against a P plater. Not sure how many others were in the DJ's car.
Old 03-05-2006, 05:41 PM   #44
used

mums wif kids
Big 4WD
driving while on the phone..
and never heard of headcheck..... :

should we have a poll?
P vs Mum wif 4WD :
used is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-05-2006, 05:59 PM   #45
EBII Fairmont
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevlndStemer
that is true but the majority of P platers think they are heroes, god's gift to the motorist when in actual fact they're a bunch of losers needing to settle down and act a little more mature on the road.
Sorry but I have to disagree. When I was in year 12, for every 15 people, 1 would drive like a hero. There were about 10 out of a group of 150 students.

The problem is there are the selct few who decide to be and give the rest of us a bad name. I'm close to getting off my p's without a fine and causing an accident and I plan on keeping it that way.

Plus the older people who are ment to be our role models and responsible people, are at times worse than p-platers. The roads are a bloody war zone, and its like everyone is out there to kill eachother. On the way to uni, I will stick at 60km as it is the speed limit. The only ones who cause me grief on this stretch of road are older people, who tale gate me.

At the end of the day, in all age groups, there are going to be your retards who do stupid things, but it does not give everyone the excuse to generalise about one group.
EBII Fairmont is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-05-2006, 05:59 PM   #46
Black XR6
Formerly Black EX-R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by deesun
Its all good. I read in another post recently where its hard to judge how people are feeling by the way a message is typed and its true. I would put you in the 26-35 bracket but probably under 30. Still close to that P plate age to defend them so much but without the hindsight that comes with being an old f@rt (over 40) like me.
By the way full lisenced drivers get away with it a bit cos more often they look for a copper before they do it. And if they dont they are f/wits.
Yeah, I need to use emoticons as well more. Anyway, your pretty close. Im 30.

Stinking, mongrel, dog.
Old 03-05-2006, 07:18 PM   #47
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

An exception to the rule EB11 and I applaud you. Unfortunatly, although there may not be as many dud P platers out there as the media would have us believe they are also over represented in the collision numbers.

To Black XR6, I cant argue with your sig,I have one. I'll be at WSID on Sat night I'll check the numbers leaving when it's finished. _2:
Old 03-05-2006, 07:29 PM   #48
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

All he said was he was driving dangerously. He didn't say whether he was speeding or tailgating people or driving all over the road. I think all the P-Platers need to relax and not think the world is out to get you. And yes, that is the guy who gives you guys a bad name. Same as the P Plater who trashed his car who had his P's for 3 weeks. You guys are on your P's, you have to get used to all the negativity.
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-05-2006, 07:31 PM   #49
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiddy
Its not just P platers, alot of drivers need a good kick up the ***...

Ask a tow truck driver who he picks up more from accidents, and I garentee you'll be suprised.. it wont be P platers..
P platers just get more exposure.
I think you would need to see the stats. How many P Platers are there in this country compared to people who arn't. Then compare it against the number of each who are in accidents. Sure the fully licenced drivers have more accidents, but we out rank the p-platers by 50 billion to one
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-05-2006, 08:04 PM   #50
Black XR6
Formerly Black EX-R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucknaked
I think you would need to see the stats. How many P Platers are there in this country compared to people who arn't. Then compare it against the number of each who are in accidents. Sure the fully licenced drivers have more accidents, but we out rank the p-platers by 50 billion to one
50 billion. Allright, whose been makin the babies?

Stinking, mongrel, dog.