Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 02-05-2006, 11:20 PM   #31
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyro_02
pretty funny, name calling because his tyre blew and he lost control really doesn't make anyone bad... things like this happen...

i wanna see anyone non fluke goin around a corner at 100km/h (where its oviously a legal speed..) whilst on a tyre that has a few k's left on it lol...don't think a professional driver could control it let alone a ever-day-casual driver... mistakes happen an no one should be called names cause they had an accident!!!
Mistakes happen because he was driving beyond his ability, and if a couple kids had been playing around that fountain, what then?

Pull your head out of where ever you have it sunshine!
Laminge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-05-2006, 11:24 PM   #32
kyro_02
V8 wannaabeee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laminge
Mistakes happen because he was driving beyond his ability, and if a couple kids had been playing around that fountain, what then?

Pull your head out of where ever you have it sunshine!
miss my edited part?

yes he was being a tosser after reading the comment that said he was being a hoon ... hence my edit ... but i will still like to see someone non fluke a tyre blow out at 100km/h without losing it ... then would that be classed as driving beyond that persons ability to control a vehicle :P

advanced driving should be manditory but hey,, thats the government for ya
kyro_02 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-05-2006, 11:25 PM   #33
F6 UTE
Banned

knobhead.. 5 ppl in the car too.......................
F6 UTE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-05-2006, 11:30 PM   #34
S3SR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

this is the exact reason i told those idiots on that echild forum that i would personally destroy their cars... when will people learn....when they kill someone thats when and i can tell you now if its my family theyd better hope they dont make it....as for the 4yr old no matter what car its the drivers fault
i no on my P's (still am) i had people telling do a burnout or over take or go real fast (to the speed limiter) and i wouldnt do it again after loosing a good friend on a bike, and a family member cause of some hoon

thats all im getting worked up right now......
S3SR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-05-2006, 11:30 PM   #35
Firefox7
T3 Terrorist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mik
i had a tyre go on me when i was just a young tosser (now an old tosser)actually it was slightly down on presure back left hand,anyway it let go at the top of a hill on a bend sitting on 60ks per hour (the limit) about the only time i was behaving myself this particular time , the next thing i knew the back end overtook me ment up the embankment,rolled me onto the roof sliding down the hill at 60ks an hour hung up by the seat belts (really freaky view)(an old volksy wagon) i had a mate in the car, we were filling our pants thinking it was gonna catch fire, oil from the engine was pouring into the back of the car,i think petrol was leaking outa the cap as well from memory, a while later after having a laugh about it a bloke pulled up and asked how we were and offered to help turn the car back on its wheels, which we did after about 3 hernias, with that done he wished us well and took off we changed the tyre and proceeded to roll about a k down the hill into a servo filled it with oil, gota jump start and drove it home bent drive shafts and a knocking noise coming from the motor, completley innocent not speeding or acting like a dufus, boy did it happen quik, the moral of this story, sometimes just happens

I blew the sidewall out of a Dunlop Sp9000 on the front left at eastern creek at 130 kph after hitting the ripple strip to hard on turn 5 from memory. The car got a little restless but no way was it going to spin or lose control....I just slowed down and rolled her to the pits. To me the guy was speeding...got sideways & either blew the tyre whilst sideways or when he hit the kerb, or was running some crap tyre that couldn't stand that punishment in the first place.

Cheers.
Fastest Lap time At wakefield park on Dunlop Sp9000's : 1:14:30, Came 2nd in outright driver, in the overall V8 result, 2006 N.S.W dutton rally :1syellow1

:king: T3 :king: The Mightiest & Deadliest Tickford Ever To Hit The Road........
Firefox7 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-05-2006, 11:36 PM   #36
gonads

I get the feeling that the level of risk taken by the average 18 y.o driver increases proportionately with the number of people in the car.

Your friend was quite lucky. Last Friday we cremated my 18 y.o cousin who died in a roll-over accident in his new (second-hand) AU Falcon. It's believed that he was speeding and lost control while avoiding a kangaroo.

It was a horrific thing, really. My cousin crashed at 2:15 am on a deserted country road but managed to free himself from the wreckage and crawl to the edge of the road where he died of massive head injuries sustained in the crash. To top this all off his mother went out looking for him when he didn't arrive home and found him on the side of the road.

I'd like to take any over-confident, seemingly-bulletproof young driver to the site and let them spend 10 minutes speaking to my Uncle and Aunt. It might change their attitudes.

I completely agree that getting a licence should be MUCH harder than it is.

...Ben

EDIT: I must admit that I thought I was king sh1t behind the wheel when I was 18 and I did some VERY stupid things. I was just lucky enough to get away with it.
gonads is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-05-2006, 12:37 AM   #37
Donny
Tickford 220kw Windsor...

I think you will find on this forum, just about everyone tried some stupid things when they were younger. I know I did. Things are way diffrent now, the cars are better and safer, but there is lotts more of them, younger people seem to throw all judgement out the window these days, especially to impress the girls an their mates. I was pretty silly at times, but I allways had a limit I wouldnt cross, these days younger drivers seem to cross that line happily. And we all know when you take risks, the law of averages catches up to everyone eventually, and sometimes they come unstuck, an people get hurt from it.

Donny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-05-2006, 12:50 AM   #38
BPXR6T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It feels a lot safer on the edge in a 1990's falcon than in a 1960's falcon. I get my XT up to the tonne and I know its dangerous. The shaking, rattling, and body roll tell me that. Step into my EF and do the same speed and its doesn't feel dangerous at all.

What do most of these young fellas drive. I think sound deadening, power steering, and the like give a level of abstraction form the environment and lull inexperienced drivers into a false sense of security.
BPXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-05-2006, 12:53 AM   #39
gtfpv
GT

it wasnt his fault , and he wasnt driving too fast . it was just a faulty tyre . thats all . maybe he should sue the tyre manufacturer.
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-05-2006, 03:27 AM   #40
clontarf_x
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

not likely. we already have been told he was being a brockie. maybe he should fo stuck to vn commo's.

lessons learned I say. If he is dumb enough not to learn then he needs his driving ability greatly dulled. probably with a mallet...
clontarf_x is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-05-2006, 06:45 AM   #41
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

This is the reason why these lobby groups are always ranting and raving about this exact thing. P-plater, 3 week's on his P's doing high speeds into a roundabout on roads which are obviously wet. No driving experience and he acts like a goose. He was lucky he didn't hit anyone. Is he a mindless idiot. Didn't he think. No sympathy for the idiot. Lets hope he never gets his licence back.
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-05-2006, 09:54 AM   #42
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think eskyracer should show this thread to his mate. and next time he listens to one of his mates reports on the accident to find out the REAL reason for it. Tyre blew. PFFFT. Bullcough.
Old 03-05-2006, 10:23 AM   #43
rodderz

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyro_02
whilst on a tyre that has a few k's left on it lol...
If his tyre only had a few km's left on it he shouldn't have been driving it at all like that, let alone speeding. With the speed around the corner plus the weight of 5 passengers it wouldnt take much for it to fail
rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-05-2006, 10:35 AM   #44
brenx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

your mate needs to start driving 4cyls that have 2 spark plugs disconnected as it looks like he has no idea. Just because it has more usable power doesn't mean you have to use it all!

I learnt the hard way as well. After having my license 3-4 months I ran up the back of a car that had no tail lights. : 12 or so years ago now. I pay close attention and I often get told I must be "driving miss daisy". I'm in no hurry. I'm not having an accident because someone wants to get somewhere a little faster. Bugger that s**t. We get there when we get there.

Tuned by Hallam Performance
brenx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-05-2006, 12:14 PM   #45
Aeron
DJR Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfpv
it wasnt his fault , and he wasnt driving too fast . it was just a faulty tyre . thats all . maybe he should sue the tyre manufacturer.
You don’t honestly buy that bullcrap line do you. Oh, i blew a tyre. It was his fault. He was being a goose and crashed.
EC 1:51.283
WP 1:10.190

Me Drifting on the Skid Pan **Video**
Aeron is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-05-2006, 01:45 PM   #46
Ringo
I see you....

$10 says that there is a almighty impact mark on the side wall of the 'failed' tyre

He may have been trying to be Peter Brock but he ended up being Greg Murphy....he didn't make it around the corner either.
Ringo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-05-2006, 03:12 PM   #47
clontarf_x
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

lol, gold
clontarf_x is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-05-2006, 03:42 PM   #48
Dave_au
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Was he insured?
Dave_au is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-05-2006, 05:18 PM   #49
vino3o2
owning V8=having no $$$

Very convenient that the tyre in question is croped from the pic?? Nice excuse son....more like the case of a bit to much oversteer then a bit to much over corection....at least hes ok and no birds were killed in the process

The Reality: 13.1 @ 106mph.... The Goal: somehow get into the 12s!!! :sm_headba

www.qldsuperkart.org
vino3o2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-05-2006, 05:26 PM   #50
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

What a fool.

Someone take his licence before he hits a pedestrian.

If he thinks he's Peter Brock when driving a Falcon, maybe he should be running around in a VC Commodore... with the 4 cylinder donk...
Old 03-05-2006, 05:27 PM   #51
Woz
As in 'best there ever'

Quote:
Originally Posted by eskyracer
he was doin a stupid thing around a bend the only should only be done a race tracks and was trying to be like peter brock in a coner
Peter Brock, eh? So he should have been in a Holden, then. Damn shame, too.

I hope the passengers all gave him a slap in the mouth after he put them at such risk.

My XB Fairmont Sedan Project
Woz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-05-2006, 06:07 PM   #52
Bucket
XR5 Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by vino3o2
Very convenient that the tyre in question is croped from the pic?? Nice excuse son....more like the case of a bit to much oversteer then a bit to much over corection....at least hes ok and no birds were killed in the process
If a bird was killed in the making of that accident...heats would roll :evil3: out:
Bucket is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-05-2006, 06:53 PM   #53
sfr rob
○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○ ○○○○○

yes.. or heads..
sfr rob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-05-2006, 08:29 PM   #54
WINDSR
Genuine V8

Quote:
Originally Posted by xagt_coupe
P Platers should be restricted to Datsun 120 WHY's (I think) till they can prove they can drive properly, some sort of advanced drivers courses should be mandatory. Hell, I'v been driving 17 odd years, and I still dont consider myself untouchable on the road, and would gladly do one of those courses.
I had a situation in my ute one nite, poaring rain, pacific hwy, doin 80klms in 110 zone, rain got worse, gently squeezed the brakes to slow down more, next thing I'm doin 360's on the motorway, till i came to rest against a small tree in between the motorway and an off ramp. Was lucky, missed 3 traffic sign poles and an armco barrier. Still did 2k damage tho. What was a worry, was the road was on a slight curve to the left, and the tail spun out to the left as well, so it spun against the road direction (bend), and all we could think of was a gust of wind sent me spinning. That was the only crash I'v been in where someone else hasnt hit me. So Go Figure. Car was/is allways in perfect condition roady wise, and had near new good quality tires on it (fitted 6 weeks prior).....

HA!! What did you drive on your p's?

WINDSR plates for sale. (VIC) PM if interested.
WINDSR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post