Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 24-04-2006, 04:19 AM   #1
el_sparko
turbo kid

Default car accident 16yo killed on impact [SA]

This is hard for me to write aabout at the moment because i just lost a friend.

Sunday morning (2-3am) there was a car incident on Port Road where a P plater in a dark blue EL lost controll of his car and hit a tree with the rear left passanger side, immediately killing Goran (who is a good friend i met about a year ago and talked to quite often) seriously injuring a girl and another guy that were sitting in the back. The driver and the co-driver both got away with mild injuries. The accident happened (according to SA police) during a drag race between the falcon and a late model skyline, they both came out of a side street on to Port Road at which point the falcon's back kicked out. The driver over corrected and the car swung the opposite way arround wrapping arround a tree which than rebounded the car the correct way again.

This came to me as very shocking news because the same night I had been out cruising with 4 other people in my car, 3 guys and a girl in exact same positions. Hours earlier that same night I saw the car that had crashed and did not realise my friend was in it. At the time of the crash I was on the same road heading back home towards the city. This coincidence is really getting to me and im having trouble trying not to think about it... any advice?

RIP Goran, you will be missed.

Last edited by el_sparko; 24-04-2006 at 04:38 AM.
el_sparko is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2006, 08:04 AM   #2
LTDHO
The one and only

Mate, sorry to hear of your lost. Unfortunately some (irreponsible drivers)people do not learn. Due to this, a life has been lost.
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2006, 09:32 AM   #3
rapidxr6
AS IT SAYS.....

In the past 15 years I have had 11 of my mates killled in seperate accidents. 3 of them in one crash. What it's done to me is not allow myself to get close to people, these days...i'm just 'numb'. sick of all the heart ache, sick of all the tears, sick of all the funerals.
Sorry for the loss of ur mate sparko.

Last edited by XA-Coupe; 24-04-2006 at 05:16 PM.
rapidxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2006, 09:40 AM   #4
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I saw this on the news last night, it sent chills down my spine.
What a terrible tragic loss of life..
My deepest and sincerest condolences to his family, to you and all his friends.

Losing someone at anytime is hard, especially when they are close. But to lose someone so young and in such a terrible way is just heart wrenching.

Mate, the only advice I can or will give you is to grieve. Let yourself cry, let yourself be angry, let yourself be every emotion that you are going to feel.
You must grieve to be able to move on and accept this.

Talking sometimes helps too... take care....

my heart goes out to all involved.

Kerri
fiery is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2006, 10:31 AM   #5
Den.
That Canadian guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiery
I saw this on the news last night, it sent chills down my spine.
What a terrible tragic loss of life..
My deepest and sincerest condolences to his family, to you and all his friends.

Losing someone at anytime is hard, especially when they are close. But to lose someone so young and in such a terrible way is just heart wrenching.

Mate, the only advice I can or will give you is to grieve. Let yourself cry, let yourself be angry, let yourself be every emotion that you are going to feel.
You must grieve to be able to move on and accept this.

Talking sometimes helps too... take care....

my heart goes out to all involved.

Kerri
EXCELLANT advice!! Take it.

Most of my friends I used to joke were either dead or in jail. As I got older it stopped being a joke.

Let it out. Take time to heal.
Old 24-04-2006, 10:48 AM   #6
FordFan86
meow

Was it a dark grey/black skyline and a blue EL XR (6)?
Sorry for your loss.
FordFan86 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2006, 11:06 AM   #7
Mack 6
SUMP PLUG

I've just read the story in the paper then seen this.

Sorry for your loss of a mate.

I did read that it wasn't his car and the actual owner/driver was in the back seat. Without getting into a debate about what exactly happened (as you said it was reported that there was possible street racing involved) It is one of those unfortunate things where the driver didn't know the cars characteristics and it ended in tragedy.
Be sensible in your car, and always be extra cautious in a car you don't know.
Mack 6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2006, 01:50 PM   #8
Keepleft
Mot Adv-NSW

If I am not mistaken, been a couple of Gorans KIA lately.

Will the message sink in about stupid behaviour? Probably not.

The best advice is that given already in thread mate.
ORDER FORD AUSTRALIA PART NO: AM6U7J19G329AA. This is a European-UN/AS3790B Spec safety-warning triangle used to give advanced warning to approaching traffic of a vehicle breakdown, or crash scene (to prevent secondary). Stow in the boot area. See your Ford dealer for this $35.95 safety item & when you buy a new Ford, please insist on it! See Page 83, part 4.4.1 http://www.transport.wa.gov.au/media...eSafePart4.pdf
Keepleft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2006, 01:58 PM   #9
4.9 EF Futura
Official AFF conservative

Sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. So young.

Dont try and ignore it. Get it out of your system mate. Im sure friends and family will be glad to provide a shoulder for you.
Old 24-04-2006, 02:05 PM   #10
LUXO_8
windsor user

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordFan86
Was it a dark grey/black skyline and a blue EL XR (6)?
Sorry for your loss.
the car was a GLI or Futura.... saw it on the news last night....shocking...
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2006, 02:22 PM   #11
luke

Wow... I was going to drive down Port Road that night to drop my girlfriend home, but we decided to stay at my house instead. We were gonna go that way about 2:30am...

I'm sorry for your loss mate, brings me to tears thinking about how often this happens.

Luke.

luke is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2006, 02:33 PM   #12
DOC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

First of, sorry for the loss of your mate, i heard about this not long after it happened, and is a sad waste of life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack 6
It is one of those unfortunate things where the driver didn't know the cars characteristics and it ended in tragedy.
Mack6 i see where your going with this, but further to it is that regardless of not knowing the car, this person drove in a manner beyond thier ability / the cars ability / conditions.

You and i both know if we got into a car we have never driven it takes time ( days / months ) to learn about it and how it handles / responds and you drive it accordingly and within your bondries.

I feel sadened these kids do this stuff, and feel they need to prove something, and that somewhere up in the grey matter all logic goes out of the window.
DOC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2006, 03:02 PM   #13
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Feel for you mate, another loss due to stupid actions out of his control.
FPV8U is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2006, 03:16 PM   #14
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

My condolences to you and all family and friends who knew him.

Sad to hear.

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1984 Datsun Bluebird Wagon
1975 Honda Civic
blueoval is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2006, 04:06 PM   #15
FordFan86
meow

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADNC_8
the car was a GLI or Futura.... saw it on the news last night....shocking...
Mmmm.
This may be purely coincidental (but let's face it how often do you see a blue EL racing a skyline?)
I saw these 2 between brighton-south road on Saturday afternoon. Dragging from a set of lights, EL had to swerve to miss a car parked on the side of the road.
IF and I stress IF it was the same 2 cars then I feel sorry for your loss, but have no pity what so ever.
He made a conscious choice to be a passenger in that situation. He or the other 2 passengers could've told the driver to pull his bloody head in.
FordFan86 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2006, 04:12 PM   #16
Aeron
DJR Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keepleft
If I am not mistaken, been a couple of Gorans KIA lately.
Yep, it was a guy called Goran that was driving the WRX last Monday that died.

Sorry for your loss mate. Its sad to hear of yet another fatality that could have easily been avoided with some common sense.
EC 1:51.283
WP 1:10.190

Me Drifting on the Skid Pan **Video**
Aeron is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2006, 04:51 PM   #17
el_sparko
turbo kid

I have just recieved more information, turns out that the driver of the car is another person I know and so is the girl that was in the back. They both go to my school. I have talked to parents of Goran and the parents of Suad (the driver) they all cant believe that this was happening. Guess you'd expect that... I'm going to go visit them in hospital today along with a couple of other friends. Im sort of feeling better as ive had a very long thinking session and realised i have got to move on but thats not gona be easy. Thanks for your imput, much appreciated.

Drive safe,

Marko.
el_sparko is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2006, 04:58 PM   #18
347_XR8
Slide Baby Slide

Man, thats not good to hear. I send my wishes out to you and the family's involved

Mr Super Skid-Man
347_XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2006, 05:13 PM   #19
vino3o2
owning V8=having no $$$

My condolences to you and Gorans family and friends mate, so sorry to hear of your loss...its so sad that lives can be lost in a blink of an eye, the best advice is already given....use it, and remember that all on Ford Forums are always here if you need anything.....

The Reality: 13.1 @ 106mph.... The Goal: somehow get into the 12s!!! :sm_headba

www.qldsuperkart.org
vino3o2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2006, 05:16 PM   #20
Mark351
Built Ford Tough

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOC
Mack6 i see where your going with this, but further to it is that regardless of not knowing the car, this person drove in a manner beyond thier ability / the cars ability / conditions.
and the law...

Condolences Marko.
Mark351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2006, 05:29 PM   #21
Beetus
Now drifting a falcon

Hey, my hearts with all involved, i recently lost a friend in a head collision where the other person fell asleep, and ran into her head on at 110. aswell as this, i was dozing in the back of my car and i saw a 4x4 hit a roundabout at 100 and roll it. i went to help, but unfortunately he got threw out of the car and bled to death in front of me. 4mins bfore the ambo got there, this being said you look at it as life experience, a lesson learnt, but mainly CRY!!!!! you dont have to do it front of anyone but it helps. Also you have to learn from it. save it for the strip and not the streets. Im 17 i dont know how old you are but its alot to deal with, talk to someone, i chose my dad as he had past experience with being in the ses. mate all the best, condolences to everyone involved.
Beetus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-04-2006, 12:03 AM   #22
Keepleft
Mot Adv-NSW

Yup, another tough one here at Warnervale of late which has prompted the NSW Minister to call for yet another road safety summit, with which he'll call in the usual 'suspects' - whom seem to admit to have run out of ideas! (Hullooo???). Happened near on Wyong Road just past the northbound F3 exit not far from RTA entry.

LIB opposition saying we don't need yet another committee, suggesting the reduction in real police HWP numbers from 1300 in the 80's to something around 900 has contributed to bad behaviour in relation to 'driving errors' going un punished.

NOW LAB and LIB in NSW acknowledge, again and rightly so, that drivers bear 'ultimate responsibility' for their actions in all regards. An attitudinal change from past government positions, and a required one at that.

Parents in 1993 by its looks - Laser, early 40's couple-young, leave behind I believe 5 kids, all but one of them a teen. Appears oncoming 22 yo QLD'er in a Hyundai crossed into the path of their vehicle.

We'll *not* speculate on why just yet.
ORDER FORD AUSTRALIA PART NO: AM6U7J19G329AA. This is a European-UN/AS3790B Spec safety-warning triangle used to give advanced warning to approaching traffic of a vehicle breakdown, or crash scene (to prevent secondary). Stow in the boot area. See your Ford dealer for this $35.95 safety item & when you buy a new Ford, please insist on it! See Page 83, part 4.4.1 http://www.transport.wa.gov.au/media...eSafePart4.pdf
Keepleft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-04-2006, 02:39 AM   #23
5L
[ 5L ]

going by the pic they were travelling at decent speed, also by the skid marks aswell, i just dont understand how this can happen on a straight road, unless they were being careless, i lost a mte 2 years ago in a car crash he was doing 120kmh in a 50km backstreet and he was drunk and he killed a girl in the front seat as well and a passenger in the back got his leg amputated, yeah i feel sorry for these people but it wouldnt happen if they wernt being d!(kheads.
[ 5L ] 2001 AU series 2 xr8, 220kw, 5speed, leather interior, premium sound, narooma blue, cat back exhaust, k&n filter,willall edit,MSD coil packs, MSD leads, monroe gt gas shocks, superlow kingsprings 187rwkw (mainline)

www.ignitionimages.com
5L is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-04-2006, 03:05 AM   #24
OZFORDAU
Banned

Post Sorry mate.....

Condolences to you and your friends! It also brings me to tears to hear this happen sorry mate! I had a cousin who was in a serious car accident where she was left disabled from the waist down.....Although she didn't die it still is a hard issue to get ova.....

Simon :
OZFORDAU is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-05-2006, 09:43 PM   #25
DOC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Did seen on the news tonight this driver was charged with wreckless driving?
DOC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-05-2006, 09:48 PM   #26
BPXR6T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hope he knows how to look after himself. That boys gonna do time...
BPXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post