Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 25-05-2006, 09:11 PM   #31
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG
There is no part #. It's aftermarket.

You can get them for AU1, and ones for AU2-3.

Picture:

Cost:
~$350

Not worth it for the AUII-III, because I reckon the Onyx Pearl looks sweet enough.

If I did still have my Auto, I'd buy there CF Auto Surround. It replaces the black piece around the chrome housing (~$100). You might need to get the other CF pieces, to not make it look out of place though.

I have seen the shifter surround before ... might have been on a T-series .. but probably aftermarket though .... and I was going to try and get the shifter surround piece as well as I have the inner chrome surround already.

I do agree with the centre console though .... the Onyx Pearl is the right colour to contrast nicely with the warm charcoal interior ... hence why i haven't tried doing anything with mine yet (as I don't mind that shade of grey)
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2006, 02:13 AM   #32
LG
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Romaniac & Geza have done the outer shifter to a different pattern. I bet if you walked into a motor trimmers, and give them that black plastic bit. And get them to get it, as close to the onyx pearl as possible. It'll probably cost < $50. It'll look a treat to.

Just because Ford or other Shops don't sell items, doesn't mean you can't get the look your after. Go custom. Makes it unique, and it's probably cheaper any how. lol
Old 26-05-2006, 08:22 AM   #33
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

I thought I'd try Ford though as the last pew interior parts I have got have been relatively cheap from there.

I am now on the look out for a motor trimmer in my area (hard to find one close) to do a few other little things inside.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2006, 11:11 AM   #34
Smoked
Burnin Rubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZFORDAU
PS: Smoked were on the same about of posts! Hahaha! out:
Hmmm, well i guess i can post whore to stay ahead, but i cant be bothered :gren:
***Coming Soon: Clear Side Repeaters***
Quote:
Originally Posted by The-ShowStoPPa
...dont get me wrong this 3.8v6 is pretty special, it does come with the popular shake rattle and roll option and the auto compliments this with the ever popular snap crackle and pop feature
Smoked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post