Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 14-07-2006, 01:10 PM   #1
OzJavelin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Bonnet blackout for AU?

Anyone got a photo of an AU with blacked-out bonnet/grille? I'm wondering if I did this on my AU ute (XL), and maybe fitted black rims, would it look better or worse? I thought someone here had an XR ute with this done?

OzJavelin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-07-2006, 01:16 PM   #2
I6corp
Was V6corp

That would be BLUPRNT

LINK
Planned Engine Mods: ; Extractors; Tickford CAI; Twin Mufflers; Shift Kit; Hi-Stall; Cam; ECU Flash
Bling Mods: Tinted Windows; JVC CD/DVD HU
Planned Bling Mods: TS50 Front; High Series bonnet; Rebel Skirts and Rear Bar; SL Springs; Clear Side Indicators; Rear Spolier; Mags
I6corp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-07-2006, 01:47 PM   #3
MRJUCY
Fordless

A carbon fibre bonnet is fine left just in clear coat if thats your thing but I think just a normal bonnet painted black just makes you look like you've crashed & too cheap to bother painting it. As always each to their own tho.
MRJUCY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-07-2006, 02:59 PM   #4
OzJavelin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRJUCY
A carbon fibre bonnet is fine left just in clear coat if thats your thing but I think just a normal bonnet painted black just makes you look like you've crashed & too cheap to bother painting it. As always each to their own tho.

Would you like to re-think your opinion? Looks like it means business to me .. unlike everyone elses standard, colour-coded efforts.
Edit: I just realised that WAS a carbon-fibre bonnet!!! Looked black-painted steel to me!!!!!
OzJavelin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-07-2006, 03:04 PM   #5
Yum-Yum
My 1st set of Wings!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzJavelin
[img]
Edit: I just realised that WAS a carbon-fibre bonnet!!! Looked black-painted steel to me!!!!!
BWAHAHAHAHA was just about to say that mate, courtesy of AWC.
:sm_headba
Yum-Yum is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-07-2006, 06:21 PM   #6
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Have seen some cars done like it ... and it can look good if done properly ... with a deceent clear .. takes a fair bit of prep work to get black to look mint though. Might look better if you did the roof section as well as the bonnet.

Also look at STYLN's BA ute in the AWC section too .... on the white the black bonnet does mean business.

If you had hard cover too ... it would look the goods with that in black.

But from memory your ute was red wasn't it??
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-07-2006, 06:54 PM   #7
XR6Stu

I dunno bout roof, wheels and hard cover... thats alot of blue and black combination....
XR6Stu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-07-2006, 07:09 PM   #8
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzJavelin

Would you like to re-think your opinion? Looks like it means business to me .. unlike everyone elses standard, colour-coded efforts.
I have a carbon fibre bonnet and its been cleared off as well. Depending on the light, the bonnet looks black, but in direct sunlight, you can see the weave. I think it helps to have a black car. It doesn't show all the time. At car shows, some people have had to take a 2nd look. Thats why i keep the bonnet shut. So they don't take a 2nd look at the engine and realise its a 6. :

Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-07-2006, 08:42 PM   #9
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Bucky is right. Most people have to look twice, I know I did! LOL!

Looks awesome too, I also think it helps that the car is black. It's not in your face, but a classy subtle thing.

GK

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-07-2006, 11:26 PM   #10
XR6Stu

Bucky, slightly off topic, but i Love those stripes. They look great! Back on topic, I reckon color code it. I think the cleared carbon fibire bonnet looks good on red, and on blueprint. Not much else, IMHO. BUt again, each to their own. This is all said by the same person who bought a power rangers backpack to use at school.

In year 12.
XR6Stu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post