Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 10-08-2006, 08:16 PM   #31
McobraR
me may my mo

lucky that wasnt my VT. I think the main problem with the exec. is that the suspension is too soft, and the tyres too thin. its not too bad tho, sometimes i like letting the rear loose in the wet, which is pretty fun as long as there are no walls or anyone around. Tho i havent done that in a while it:
McobraR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2006, 08:21 PM   #32
snypereb
[EBGLT]

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

looks like a fair inpact glad eberyone was ok our benefit though another holden off the road!!

Become an E-Series Owners Club Member Today!
http://eseries.com.au/index.php/membership/
snypereb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2006, 08:45 PM   #33
Fairlane
V8 Powaah

Idiot, if your going to pretend to be a fully sick driftah, do it in a controlled environment or a bloody abadoned Industrial Estate at least.

As for VT's being dangerous in the wet, ive found them pretty good, they are no where near as deadly as a VS or EB/ED/EF on steelies.

XF S pack Sedan- AU 302 Windsor, T5, 2.77 LSD, Many Mods
Fairlane is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2006, 09:30 PM   #34
Bucket
XR5 Pilot

INNNIITTTIIIAAALLLL DEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!! :
Old 10-08-2006, 09:37 PM   #35
Falcon Freak
Banned

The young chap driving the VT was trying to emulate his hero Mark Skaife - and succeded!

FF
Falcon Freak is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2006, 09:40 PM   #36
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon Freak
The young chap driving the VT was trying to emulate his hero Mark Skaife - and succeded!

FF

Did he get out shaking his fist as the traffic went by as well??
vztrt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2006, 10:53 PM   #37
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Ironic how he knocked the 50kph sign too.

Wonder how many times the phrase "my cousin is a bricklayer" was used.
Also, Fully Hektik Sik Uleh - I just stole those wheels and already they burst!.
Good ol Lidcombanon.

Quote:
Powered by GE
ltd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-08-2006, 12:23 AM   #38
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Would have been better if he hit a sign saying, "No Parking"
uranium_death is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-08-2006, 12:59 AM   #39
Bucket
XR5 Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltd
Ironic how he knocked the 50kph sign too.

Wonder how many times the phrase "my cousin is a bricklayer" was used.
Also, Fully Hektik Sik Uleh - I just stole those wheels and already they burst!.
Good ol Lidcombanon.
Mate, i got dem off my cuz who got dem off his mate who found dem on a car ay, i swear on ma aunty bro!
Old 11-08-2006, 09:35 AM   #40
Ringo
I see you....

He are having a little chuckle because no-one got hurt.....plus its a Holden driving P Plater living up to htheir reputation of doing stupid things in inappropriate places.

If it was a Ford driver doing it we would be laughing....we'd be flaming his *** for being such an idiot.....

There is another thread in here somewhere where someone was caught speeding in the freeway, 127 in a 100 zone, and the "you idiot" comments were coming at him thick and fast !

See the thing is people on this forum understand the bigger picture. That is that idiots doing stupid ***** on the roads just gives car enthusiasts a bad name.
Ringo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-08-2006, 09:57 AM   #41
Ryan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo
He are having a little chuckle because no-one got hurt.....plus its a Holden driving P Plater living up to htheir reputation of doing stupid things in inappropriate places.

If it was a Ford driver doing it we would be laughing....we'd be flaming his *** for being such an idiot.....

There is another thread in here somewhere where someone was caught speeding in the freeway, 127 in a 100 zone, and the "you idiot" comments were coming at him thick and fast !

See the thing is people on this forum understand the bigger picture. That is that idiots doing stupid ***** on the roads just gives car enthusiasts a bad name.
I agree mate.

I'm actually surprised that these morons had the ability, to pass their P Plate test, because their I.Q could be counted on my thumbs.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-08-2006, 10:25 PM   #42
MAFIA
Grange killer!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechan1k
Meh ... dunno why he picked that roundabout in Lidcombe ... there's a better once in Rookwood cemetary just up the road
HAhahahahah that gold. Look like he wanted to mow down the 50kmh sign. :

And guys it only a V6...

INSURED BY MAFIA. YOU HIT US, WE KILL YOU!

FORD FTE AU T-SERIES CLUB OF AUSTRALIA
www.tseriesclub.org
MAFIA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2006, 01:10 AM   #43
Full Spectrum
Only a matter of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackLS
5 days

In year 12 we had someone dad buy his son a VT2 Supercharged S to say congrats to getting your P's. The next night he was turning right at an intersection in front of his mates, and whilst trying to show off ended up in embankment off the side of the road.

Car was a write-off. His dad after that bought him only a VT Exec after that.
You have to wonder who showed the greatest responsibility. the kid or the Dad?.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairlane
Idiot, if your going to pretend to be a fully sick driftah, do it in a controlled environment or a bloody abadoned Industrial Estate at least.

As for VT's being dangerous in the wet, ive found them pretty good, they are no where near as deadly as a VS or EB/ED/EF on steelies.
Or a VN-VP with 185's on the rear.
Old 14-08-2006, 02:30 PM   #44
Ringo
I see you....

Or a VL Wagon with 185/75 R14 tyres....that was an interesting trip.
Ringo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-08-2006, 12:36 AM   #45
jack_crowley

I've changed from being a commodore driver a couple of months ago after falling in love with a fairlane, I've only just noticed lately how dangerous some of those commo guys are, had one overtake me at what i guessed was 140 on pennant hills rd (60 limit) the other day. Either he had really good breaks or a deathwish.

Goes to show they take a real thrashing though.
jack_crowley is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-08-2006, 12:43 AM   #46
Ryan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack_crowley
I've changed from being a commodore driver a couple of months ago after falling in love with a fairlane, I've only just noticed lately how dangerous some of those commo guys are, had one overtake me at what i guessed was 140 on pennant hills rd (60 limit) the other day. Either he had really good breaks or a deathwish.

Goes to show they take a real thrashing though.
I don't have to be driving another car, to realise how many of them are idiots.

I saw a VN SS do atleast 120KM/H, in a 50 zone flying up a hill and have I been overtaken (Double lines btw) by impatient pricks in clapped out VLs,VNs,VPs etc.

These idiots, no matter what car they drive, don't deserve a licence. A licence is a privelege, not a god damn ticket to doing whatever the f*** you want and breaking the law.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-08-2006, 03:01 AM   #47
Full Spectrum
Only a matter of time.

You don't even need to be speeding to be a toss.
Just seen a BA XR8 with 20" rims that went under the guards by at least 2" This car must have been only a finger nail off the ground, I can't believe 2 things, 1 he hasn't bottomed out and broke something, And 2 the cops haven't nabbed him.
Old 15-08-2006, 08:39 AM   #48
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Agree slick, that's just plain stupid.
Lowering is one thing; dropping to the deck is just dumb when the car has to travel on normal suburban roads. Betcha he's the kind of guy who takes 5 minutes to go over a speed hump.
Love to see the look on the guys face when the service manager refuses to do any warranty work on the undercarriage for impact damage.

Quote: