Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 24-08-2006, 08:42 PM   #1
FS5
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default i6 clutches ????

well ,i'm interested to know what cluthes people are running in there i6's and how they feel , and what sort of power they are running with them .
i used to run a rpm HD clutch kit in my au ,it had a real heavy pedal but it felt strong and i liked it .only the pedal box didn't feel the same way and it kept trying to rip it off the firewall.so i have gone back to the original stock au i6 set up. witch dose the job just fine until i feel like giving it a bit of stick.it slips a bit when i give it some , more so of a morning when its cold .
what i'm after is something thats reasonably light on the pedal and has lots of bite once engaged .so any info on what you are running and how it peforms would be greatly appreciated.
thanks,jake

FS5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2006, 10:08 PM   #2
stiddy
Banned

Ive got a Daiken Excedy HD organic clutch.. $550 installed.
Its lighter than the stock XR6 clutch, but grab is much much better.. once its grabbed it wont slip..
(ive dropped it from 4000rpm with a car load of people, and it turned the back wheels to smoke, whereas with the stock clutch it slipped like a mofo)
Im making 137rwkw.. soon to be closer to 150rwkw and Im certain this clutch will handle it no problems.
stiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2006, 10:16 PM   #3
janek
Ripping it up

i was gonna say.. daikin is the only way to go... i actually have 2 of them, ready for my manual to go in (2nd is spare... i know ill burn a clutch real fast in the transition from auto to manual lol)

From the info i have read, they claim the clutch is good in excess of 260kw for the HD daikin... but it all depends on driving style really
janek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2006, 10:41 AM   #4
FS5
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

thanks for the info,a daikin sounds like it might be a goer.
stiddy how dose it feel when your launching it at the track?dose it slip when changing hard from 1st to 2nd?
Old 25-08-2006, 11:58 AM   #5
stiddy
Banned

Yep I certainly recommend it.

Launching at the track, I let it go from around the 3500-4000rpm mark, slip it a little to get moving then drop it.. feels kinda good when it suddenly grabs.
You can feel it, its slowly slipping out and about half way of releasing the pedal it gives a sudden kick, when you feel that kick its grabed and wont slip.
Its never slipped when changing gears, the only time it will slip is if you make it by riding the clutch.
Even before staging when doing the burnout, I often dump it in 2nd gear.. its never slipped when doing this either.
Old 25-08-2006, 03:26 PM   #6
loxxr6
XB in parts...

..Daiken Heavy Duty.

The clutch is tough as but it sits too high and apparently needs some modification to fit properly....something about the geometry of it all being wrong. Its pretty heavy too.

Daily Driver 2019 Ford Escape...looking for XR6T's.

loxxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2006, 03:44 PM   #7
FS5
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i have already had the pedal box done so it should be able to hold it.
how high dose the pedal sit?
with the rpm clutch ,the pedal used to sit about 25/30mm above the brake pedal.its not that big a issue for me as long as it dosent sit 40mm above the brake pedal or something silly like that.
i was recomened to put a v8 vn clutch in it but i can't find much info on how this clutch will go.
Old 25-08-2006, 04:05 PM   #8
stiddy
Banned

Mine sits level with the brake pedal..
There was no issues at all putting the clutch in. No modifications or anything.
Old 25-08-2006, 04:27 PM   #9
SIKSIX
Its gone V

FS5, if you want another opinion on that clutch give me a bit of time because im getting one fitted tomorow. and i will post on this thread once i have tested it ...
SIKSIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2006, 05:40 PM   #10
FS5
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIKSIX
FS5, if you want another opinion on that clutch give me a bit of time because im getting one fitted tomorow. and i will post on this thread once i have tested it ...
no worries thanks mate will be good to see how it goes ,and thanks stiddy.
i just want to get it right this time ,i'm starting to get sick of spending $ on stuff i should have got right the 1st time.