Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 16-09-2006, 01:23 PM   #151
Bucket
XR5 Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantz
second one is a dud link - you have two 'http's', then when you delete one, it produces the same VE video in the first link
ok..this should be it now.. sorry

Here
Old 16-09-2006, 05:16 PM   #152
Fordoldie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
: Stay with me here.... if 85% of car sales are 6cyl, and the BF 6cyl is on average a "better" vehicle than the VE what does that mean about BF v VE from an "overall" perspective?

No point judging the BF v VE purely on the 8's considering they only account for 15% of sales....
Duh, ok i got it I agree the 8's are a minority in relation to total sales however is'nt it a bit soon to judge sales figures? Toyota just took over from Falcon for ytd sales figures putting them back to 3rd for the first time. Thats gotta hurt, ouch!
Fordoldie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-09-2006, 10:29 PM   #153
rushing on acid

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlickHolden
You once said that holden VT-VZ have a 4-5 second power delay, Being a mechanic you should know the reason to why it does it.

4-5 seconds is a bit of an over exageration, 1-2 is more realistic! with the standard vz motor i can understand why it would have a delay even though with a similar setup the ba has instant responce, but in the sv6 it shouldnt have one with all the extra goodies those motors have. i'd also like to know when i said that about the commos especially the vt-vy. the vx2/vy1 had a slight shittyness to their auto on take off but its nowhere near as bad as vz. i'd also like to know if holden built a stronger power steering setup for the extra weight of their tyres and also if they taught their production line workers how to tighten the clamps on power steering hoses. cant wait for a ve to come to work for its 15k service, then again 45k will be a little more interesting.
rushing on acid is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-09-2006, 06:08 AM   #154
Full Spectrum
Only a matter of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOC
Being a public road probably didnt help as he was driving it pretty soft ( grandma style ) on a track it might go a bit better.
Yes i don't think he even revved it through 1st gear, He seem to have trouble reaching the peddle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rushing on acid
4-5 seconds is a bit of an over exageration, 1-2 is more realistic! with the standard vz motor i can understand why it would have a delay even though with a similar setup the ba has instant responce, but in the sv6 it shouldnt have one with all the extra goodies those motors have. i'd also like to know when i said that about the commos especially the vt-vy. the vx2/vy1 had a slight shittyness to their auto on take off but its nowhere near as bad as vz. i'd also like to know if holden built a stronger power steering setup for the extra weight of their tyres and also if they taught their production line workers how to tighten the clamps on power steering hoses. cant wait for a ve to come to work for its 15k service, then again 45k will be a little more interesting.
Some time back you said it with the power steering problems.
On just commodore forum i have talked about getting a ecotec engine into a VP mine, To see if what i have believed over the years to be the biggest problem with VR on wards take off, I have always believed the electronic trannys they used VR and after are the biggest problem with there speeds. When the VR still uses the Buick V6 but uses the new 4 speed electronic transmission it's almost the slowest commodore Auto in the history of V6 commodores. So i wanted to fit a ecotec engine to a VP with th700 tranny just to see if the 4l60 tranny is it's biggest hold back.
Back in 95 we hired a new VS for 1 week, I did a u-turn in a 4 lane street and had my foot flat to the floor and it wheel spin when i was straight, Same with the VR. If i did it in my car it would be almost wheel spin off the mark. Not a great deal changed with the VR's drivtrain only the tranny and yet it's a good 1+ seconds slower. And it's down to slow as take offs to stop wheel spin.
Old 17-09-2006, 08:27 PM   #155
rushing on acid

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlickHolden
Yes i don't think he even revved it through 1st gear, He seem to have trouble reaching the peddle.

Some time back you said it with the power steering problems.
On just commodore forum i have talked about getting a ecotec engine into a VP mine, To see if what i have believed over the years to be the biggest problem with VR on wards take off, I have always believed the electronic trannys they used VR and after are the biggest problem with there speeds. When the VR still uses the Buick V6 but uses the new 4 speed electronic transmission it's almost the slowest commodore Auto in the history of V6 commodores. So i wanted to fit a ecotec engine to a VP with th700 tranny just to see if the 4l60 tranny is it's biggest hold back.
Back in 95 we hired a new VS for 1 week, I did a u-turn in a 4 lane street and had my foot flat to the floor and it wheel spin when i was straight, Same with the VR. If i did it in my car it would be almost wheel spin off the mark. Not a great deal changed with the VR's drivtrain only the tranny and yet it's a good 1+ seconds slower. And it's down to slow as take offs to stop wheel spin.
i personally wouldnt go for an ecoshit motor only because they lack up top in power and torque, but they hammer from stand still. with the vr i know they are a bit sluggish compared to a vp from what i have come across, one way of making them go a bit better is putting the 5.0 litre throttle body on them. also try and clean out your throttle body and reset the base idle. get the throttle body cleaner from a mob called petroject because their stuff actually lubricates and cleans it at the same time whereas other brands dry it out. what i did to a mates vr series one was extractors, 2.5 exhaust with straight through muffler, hi flow cat, 5.0 litre throttlebody, different injectors (cant remeber if they were v6 magna), bmw interceptors ( 1/4 of the weight of holden ones), lower profile tyres (195 50 15only the rear) and air pod. for the shitbox that it looked it even gave five litres a good run for their money.
rushing on acid is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-09-2006, 03:52 AM   #156
Full Spectrum
Only a matter of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushing on acid
i personally wouldnt go for an ecoshit motor only because they lack up top in power and torque, but they hammer from stand still. with the vr i know they are a bit sluggish compared to a vp from what i have come across, one way of making them go a bit better is putting the 5.0 litre throttle body on them. also try and clean out your throttle body and reset the base idle. get the throttle body cleaner from a mob called petroject because their stuff actually lubricates and cleans it at the same time whereas other brands dry it out. what i did to a mates vr series one was extractors, 2.5 exhaust with straight through muffler, hi flow cat, 5.0 litre throttlebody, different injectors (cant remeber if they were v6 magna), bmw interceptors ( 1/4 of the weight of holden ones), lower profile tyres (195 50 15only the rear) and air pod. for the shitbox that it looked it even gave five litres a good run for their money.
My brothers mate just bought a VN Calais V8 and got 2 throttle body's and gave me one. So we fitted it. It makes a loud sucking noise now when in to it but only for a split second.
I'll look up that throttle body cleaner thanks for that even my brother will love it he is always keeping his car nice and clean.
I just had a system just like that fitted but i got rid of the pod in favour of a CAI it's weird but the pod seemed great but it at times it seemed like it ran a touch sick?./