Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 05-08-2010, 01:04 PM   #31
grandpa_spec_F6
AFF Whore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Back many moons ago, a friend of my fathers (fairly well off) parked her brand new mercedies outside a local shop in the suburbs. Not half an hour later she can out to find the roof COVERED in cigarette butts.

Another friend had his ex-girlfriend key his (at the time) near brand new subaru wrx, wrote "S-L-U-T" all over his doors with the key and other nasty things. It was in the shops for ages, it was his pride and joy. Needless to say she perpetuated the very behaviour he broke up with her for in the first place.

My only experience was a 20-something little upstart who worked at a bank down in Geebung QLD. As I went to start my car, he opened his car door, "DOOF!" into mine, looks at me, sniggers, and drove off! I was livid to say the least!

Sadly, without video footage (which can easily be dismissed for the most STUPID of reasons anyway) there is bugger all you can do. Threats, while at the time seem very appropriate, come back to bite you in the **** eventually.
My GMC Sierra is banned under Victoria's high powered vehicle laws, and its a 4082kg apartment complex on wheels.
Current Ride: Not a falcon, the struggle is real
grandpa_spec_F6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2010, 01:17 PM   #32
Bosman
T Series Club Member No24

Back in 2002 , had my brand new T3 for 3 days. Parked out front of Geelong Performing Arts Centre to see a show (something i never did b4 or since). Came out , it had plants dirt ,rocks all over it , after 1000 buck repair all fixed. But i was lucky because to tell you the truth if id caught them that night doin it , id still be inside.

FTe Venom T3TE50 No229 5.6L Manual Don't drive one! Because like so many others , including ME , you will become TOTALLY addicted.

2016 Harley Davidson Softail Heritage customized.
Dead set gorgeous!
Bosman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2010, 01:20 PM   #33
OzJavelin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Reading these stories makes me even less interested in painting my cars properly ..

If fools love wrecking cars they see everyday, I hate to think of how much they'll get their jollies wrecking one of these ..
OzJavelin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2010, 01:21 PM   #34
bigsta
Making superman jealous

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Just remembered another time

I use to have this very nice VT about 10 years ago and i had it parked at a car park in rose bay, I come back to the car to see this old guy driving a brand new red carprice struggling to pull his car out of the spot so i jump in mine and wait patiently for him to get outta of the way I remember looking at his face and thinking this bloke does not look too good (i now know he was shitting himself) anyway after ages he pulls his $100k caprice out and drives off i drive home park the car walk around the other side and there is a big red mark right down the side of the car!!!!!

This ****** who obvs has heaps of $$$ swiped my car which i just missed damm it than saw me and did not have the decency to say sorry and exchange details there is no excuse for that and i hope that karma caught up with that ******

i chased down and forced off the road 2 red caprices in the coming week thinking it was him but it wasent

accidents happen and i would not be that angry if he confronted me and owned up or he could have even just called the police later to give his details but no and i was left with the damage which i was able to buff mostly out but it did leave a slight ding on the rear door about a meter long which always reminded me of this scumbag

2006 SY Territory Ghia AWD in ego with roof mount DVD, tints, 7 seats, iPod input

2005 Crewman Cross 8 with 350 cubic inches, AWD, black on black rims on black leather, tints and polished racks
NEW TOY Bayliner 185, inboard 3L 4 cylinder pushing us along at 50MPH whenever i get a chance

I love Aussie cars and are gonna really miss them soon.......
bigsta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2010, 01:44 PM   #35
Chopped
as in chopped

Keying is such a low act.
In the same category as people who make PC viruses etc.

I just don't get why they do it, or what kicks they get out of it.
Old 05-08-2010, 01:55 PM   #36
brownieXR8

My mums car, an older Suzuki swift hatchback, had a wheelie bin launched through the back window on Friday night. It smashed the window and bent the door, which now has to be replaced. Cops said that was the 4th report that night in the estate

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
brownieXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2010, 02:00 PM   #37
RedHotGT
Long live the Falcon GT

The main problem is - that the people who do this sort of thing (repeatedly) know that there is really not much that can be done to them...

How do you prove it?? (even with a witness - its still a he-said-she-said type situation)...
If you pursue it thru civil court... it takes time.... money... and you have to actually know who did it (at least their full name or their address) to pursue it anyways...

So - be careful where you park... And hope that it ain't gonna be your car...
Old 05-08-2010, 02:52 PM   #38
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by loftie
So - be careful where you park...
READ THIS!!!........
pottery beige is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2010, 03:02 PM   #39
Dezza
Parts bin special

Quote:
Originally Posted by loftie
So - be careful where you park... And hope that it ain't gonna be your car...
Mine happened out the front of work. I was working at a place on the Princes Highway... so not much could be done to avoid it.

Daily 2014 SZII Territory diesel - basic runabout

Previous Cars 1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - Tickford engine, 5 speed, SVO wheels, bodykit, much more
2000 AUII Fairmont - XR wheels, Ghia interior
2010 FG XR50T ute - XR8 bonnet, Streetfighter intake
Dezza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2010, 03:09 PM   #40
grandpa_spec_F6
AFF Whore

Agreed Loftie, pretty much anything other than the cops catching them in the act, even if you belted the ***** out of them and had the keys with the paint etc still on them is pretty much heresay.
My GMC Sierra is banned under Victoria's high powered vehicle laws, and its a 4082kg apartment complex on wheels.
Current Ride: Not a falcon, the struggle is real
grandpa_spec_F6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2010, 03:11 PM   #41
BlackXR8

Not keyed but had a lady forcefully open the door of her BMW and leave a massive dent on the pass door, confronted her and she just said **** happens

Followed her and sent one of the boys around and welded her automatic gate shut, she would have been stuck in her prestigious suburb for days
BlackXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2010, 03:21 PM   #42
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Can we kindly stop with the use of swear words? It gets hard reading posts full of ** from the swear filter!

Cheers
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

russellw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2010, 03:26 PM   #43
nipper575
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I will never understand why people have to purposely damage other peoples cars.

Funnily enough, the damage caused to my cars has not been by the public, but people who were working on them.

My first car went in for a set of new tyres, prior to this the car was still on its originals, it was an immaculate 17 year old garage queen. I even bought a 2nd car so I could keep it off the road as I would of been to worried parking it at school. It did not have a single mark on the rims anywhere. Went to pick the car up and it had gouges taken out of every wheel. They were very accurately placed, like it had been caused by their wheel alignment device or something. My father picked the car up and didn't see the marks even though they stuck out to me like dog's balls. I took the car back down to them and they denied everything.

2nd time with a different car, I was having a section of the car resprayed and it came back to me with 2 5 cent piece sized dents in the front guard. I never brought it up as the guy is a friend and was doing me a favour, it looks like a wrench/hammer was dropped on the car accidentally.

Two things I have learned. Don't ask friends to work on your car unless you don't want to be friends any more. If you have an immaculate car, make sure the person working on it knows you are fussy. The next time I had tyres put on a car, I told them how the last ******** damaged my wheels. They actually marked them again but paid to have them fixed, I wasn't happy but I couldn't be mad as it was an honest mistake.

Last edited by nipper575; 05-08-2010 at 03:26 PM. Reason: Removed swears...
nipper575 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2010, 03:41 PM   #44
anto
Za Dom spremni

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackXR8
Not keyed but had a lady forcefully open the door of her BMW and leave a massive dent on the pass door, confronted her and she just said **** happens

Followed her and sent one of the boys around and welded her automatic gate shut, she would have been stuck in her prestigious suburb for days
if true thats the stuff of legends
AU III XR8 red ute
anto is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2010, 04:21 PM   #45
Nate_Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsta
i chased down and forced off the road 2 red caprices in the coming week thinking it was him but it wasent
OK,
we've all had our cars fracked with at some stage or another, depending on how forceful you are with the po-lice they'll either come and take your statement or not, yadda yadda yadda.....

your statement is by far the worst thing i've ever read.
You're talking about malicious damage, something that would barely warrant a slap on the wrist should the offender ever be brought to justice.

On the other hand, you actually RAN 2 cars off the road? Are you nuts?
that's got to be a felony, something like attempted assault with a deadly weapon.
How the hell you gonna talk your way out of that charge?!?
i thought it was the guy that caused me $400 of panel damage so i tried to run him off the road, maybe killing him in order to bring him to justice?!?

that's what we all have insurance for, to cope with the assholes in society.
And we have this forum in order to ***** about it when we are forced to deal with said assholes.
Nate_Dog is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2010, 04:29 PM   #46
Seduce XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by anto
if true thats the stuff of legends
OMG I Love it
Seduce XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2010, 04:30 PM   #47
Seduce XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Thats gold, good on you I Love it
Old 05-08-2010, 04:37 PM   #48
Seduce XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrisVegas
My black sapphire Focus was keyed at the train station a few months ago. They hit every panel down the drivers side including the fuel filler cap and the door handles! Cost me $500 excess. The respray was just under $1k fwiw. Had to make a police report, but the surveillance footage was erased before they were able to investigate.

It sucks. I take pride in my car. That was the catalyst for me deciding to sell the car and start riding the pushie to work. I'll replace the Focus with a beatup old 4wd.
I find it sad that these brainless druggo morons who do this sort of thing can actually make such an impact on people that they will decide not to own a nice car anymore as it will only get keyed etc

Maybe these days with the tech we should all fit a laser barrier on our cars & anyone who gets too close gets fried

Really though it is a sad example of the human race that some think it is funny to damage others property
Old 05-08-2010, 05:47 PM   #49
Alby1
you'd be popular too

Quote:

That my friend is cool.

E303 cam, ported gt40p heads, 1.7 rockers, high flow cats, Au220 TB, 70mm Maf, tune (215rwkw) and some bigger brakes

Have now brought my car to the 2000's with electric rear windows, door lights and wood trims
Alby1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2010, 06:07 PM   #50
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

all this talk of chasing down and forcing off the road....... great way off getting bashed, stabbed or shot......
Old 05-08-2010, 06:47 PM   #51
TheInterceptor
Cruising...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottery beige
all this talk of chasing down and forcing off the road....... great way off getting bashed, stabbed or shot......
same thing if the wrong person catches an oxygen theif keying their pride and joy....

Subaru Outback '02
TheInterceptor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2010, 06:52 PM   #52
Jamie8791

i had a similar thing done to me as well. i parked my car next door to my school in a buddhist temple (they kindly allowed 2 of my mates and i to park in their carpark)
on the last day of school yr12 a few other people decided to park their and hang around the cars talking. when i got home i saw 2 dents on my rear drivers side door and my valve caps gone, i could've killed someone. the next day i rocked up to school with a baseball bat questioning everyone who was there the day before if they saw something, but of course no one knew anything and i got sent home for bringing a baseball bat to school. the next day i heard somebody left 2 black lines in the teachers carpark (it wasn't me ) almost a year on it still burns me when i look at my car and see that dent there
Old 05-08-2010, 07:04 PM   #53
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheInterceptor
same thing if the wrong person catches an oxygen theif keying their pride and joy....
and if the oxygen thief happens to be on day release from the funny farm.. strength of ten men and a steak knife.. you could be in big trouble........
Old 05-08-2010, 07:16 PM   #54
TheInterceptor
Cruising...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottery beige
and if the oxygen thief happens to be on day release from the funny farm.. strength of ten men and a steak knife.. you could be in big trouble........
indeed you would, and that would be really unlucky if you pick the wrong bloke to pursue.. but yeh, forcing people off the road for whatever reason is not logical to any degree...

Subaru Outback '02
TheInterceptor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2010, 07:19 PM   #55
EVL BOS
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

whilst i wasn't keyed, about 4 yrs ago not long after getting my licence my mums car got both tyres slashed when it was parked on our lawn, turns out the whole street got done any car that was on the road or lawn was done, but it gets better, the following week my dad parked my car on the road (at 630am) so my mum could get out (at 8am) cause the garage had her car in there with two flats and she was using our spare car, so i come to go to highschool (at 840am) to find both of my tyre slashed, needless to say i was slightly annoyed, the whole street got done again!, cops got involved and launched an investigation into it and even had a car sitting in the street stoping anyone walking down there and asking what they were doing.

Daily: UA11 BiTurbo Everest
Weekend Project 1999 AU XR8
Past rides:

Mondeo XR5 Turbo

RIP: FGX XR8 MANUAL Build Thread:
http://fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11447239

AU Fairlane Sparkling Burgundy thread:
http://fordforums.com.au/showthread....61#post5854961

UX explorer limited

FOCUS ST,

UT Explorer limited Written OFF

BA XR8
Build Thread:
http://fordforums.com.au/showthread....1299363&page=7

AU XR6 VCT

ED GLI Classic
EVL BOS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2010, 07:27 PM   #56
Pinch
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My teacher wife had our then new BA XR6 done down the whole pass side. Two passes. Out the front of school. Just after parent teacher interviews. Over 3k damage, $400 excess.

Current place, used to park the NC on the street under a proper cover during the week. People kept backing into it because "you don't use it much". True. As it is now impossible to buy trim for LTD's now, the $20pw I now pay to rent a vacant garage is well justified.

Some old bird 'touch parking with vigour' a beaten up ED into our then new Hyundai Lantra. Watched her from across the street (too many cars passing to run over) with a few others. Confronted by owner of car in front and me, I kid you not she flat out denied it. Same when the police came, despite the traded paint clearly still on both cars matching up. Maybe genuine mental illness with that one, in which case I have more of a prob with their GP still certifying them to drive.

I could go on, but making me to angry.

With all the excess for this crap I have paid over the years, I could almost own outright a great new car.

Don't forget to get cheap travel insurance to cover the rental excess in hire cars too. Vandals will hit them just as much, and the standard excess is much higher than your personal $400 - $1000 excess. I use 1cover - $35 a pop covers weeks on end (up to $5k excess, with no excess of their own) - rather than paying $35 per DAY the majors charge to only reduce their excess.
Old 05-08-2010, 07:40 PM   #57
paule11
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I had someone reverse into my statesman 15 years ago at a hardware store get out looked at the damage while talking on his mobile and drove off while talking on his mobile about $500 of damage in front of about 6 people.

He walked into the store before me I thought he looked weird pushed in front of me . I came out other people had seen it but the rego number was wrong that was given to me, in the hardware store they asked who owned the statesman I came out just as he went around the corner.
A few months later I am at the shops he drives in I go and confront him he tells me I cant prove it its too late and even though he did it he wont admit it there is nothing I could do.
I felt like kicking him in the knee and then a kick in the temple once he was on the ground.
Violence isnt the answer so I walk of he goes to the shop with a big grin on his face and laughing.
I go back in and buy superglue didnt stay around to see him try to use his key to get in his car could only imagine how angry he would be and probably even angrier when he realsies the next time it rains he cant use his wipers glued to the glass .
paule11 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2010, 07:46 PM   #58
WMD351
Size it up

What is wrong with these people?
I think they must have no sense of self worth or value in order to find joy in the act of trying to drag other people down to their crappy level of existence.
I guess they're sick and in need of help if they're to ever to become useful and contributing members of society, but are they likely to get the help they need in the world we live in? Doubtful.
The worst part is even if they're caught nothing happens. Go to court, slap on the wrist, and off to do it again.
The solution? I think they should be crushed into cubes, hollowed out, and used as housing for low income families, but I'm starting to rant.
Maybe it's as Andrew Denton used to say, "Society's to blame."
WMD351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2010, 07:51 PM   #59
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheInterceptor
indeed you would, and that would be really unlucky if you pick the wrong bloke to pursue.. but yeh, forcing people off the road for whatever reason is not logical to any degree...
i once met a man called mc hammer.... give him crap in traffic... he would smash his way into your car with a hammer.. and then smash you..... there are people like this out there.....
Old 05-08-2010, 09:19 PM   #60
redxr8

hay guys havent had mine keyed but still know what it feels like i had been followed in to the pool and while i swam the little turds went through my bag and got the keys and just drove of with my then new car. lucky it was found before it was trashed, only damage done was little nick on left wheel arch looked like shoe mark and two details latter to get all the finger print dust off.try explaining to the insurance co how it was stollen with the keys. not fun still had to pay the $500 excess.
redxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post