Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 04-08-2010, 05:07 PM   #1
cthomp

Default Idiot who keyed my car

Not happy! Borrowed the old ladies car yesterday to go to work, returning home around 5.30pm. Mate gave me a bell and wanted to catch up for a slurpee so i ran out picked him up probably around 7ish, hop out of the car noticed a big scratch on the bonnet, upon further inspection its the whole way down my drivers side. Maggots even did the front and back rims...

Its crap the way things like this turn out, basically the cops said im gonna have to fork out the excess because unless i have video footage or better, they cant do squat.

Really fuming, but i guess its not their fault its the way the system works.

Anyone else had a similar experience?

Old 04-08-2010, 05:14 PM   #2
My poor XF
Geelong FC 07, 09 & 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by cthomp

Anyone else had a similar experience?
Yup, cost me $300 excess the first time I had rocks thrown at my old car. Second time it was spray painted and I manage to get it off myself.

Nothing you can do but have a secure lockup. Or chuck some surveillance cameras up around the car.
Old 04-08-2010, 05:17 PM   #3
cthomp

Yeah, just a big hassle i guess. Just annoying some people have nothing better to do than ruin your pride and joy!
Old 04-08-2010, 05:18 PM   #4
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Yep, back in late 03 i was in the RAH after suffering a Pulmonary Embolis, or blood clot on the lung. Whilst in there my wife visited me one evening and just as she was crossing the road to get back to our EF some tool decided he'd stick a screwdriver through the doorskin to get in.
Luckily he must have seen my wife crossing the road and decided to move on, but not before running the screwdriver along the drivers door, gaurd and right across the bonnet.

Cost me $300 excess and the repairer did such a bad job another repairer had to respray the whole car to get it right aswell as replace both headlights and an indicator at SGIC's expense.

Low life scum bags make a large % of society unfortunately!
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2010, 05:20 PM   #5
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Had my TE keyed in my back yard
Old 04-08-2010, 05:20 PM   #6
kinksta
Luxojet

Never had that but i had some hero chuck flour all over the rear of my car, down in the rear window gutters. And to top it off, over night we had light rainfall.

it took ages to get off! did not enjoy washing the car that day...
kinksta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2010, 05:26 PM   #7
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Said it before and I'll say it again; we have devolved and allowed the feral bogan to reign supreme. Want to make a change? If you see it happen, report it. We all have phones with cameras, take a photo of little wazza, bazza, shazza, dazza etc etc and report them.

Quote:
Powered by GE
ltd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2010, 05:29 PM   #8
anto
Za Dom spremni

I had the f**wits from across the road from me reverse into the front guard area of my XF ute although i didnt see it, it was obviously since it was a push inwards and their driveway was directly in line... I went to the police to report it and it was the same deal as the OP's, cant do squat unless you have a witness.

Also years ago my mrs had the taillights pinced from her TE cortina ! they actually got the boot open, removed the tailights and shut the boot. I only noticed it later on that day after she had driven it to work. Few weeks later half the wheel nuts went missing, found out that they were quite pricey as they were specific to the factory alloys...

lowlifes everywhere, and its getting worse.
AU III XR8 red ute
anto is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2010, 05:31 PM   #9
Antwon
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I had something similar, someone reverse into my EB while it was parked on the side of the road, caved drivers door in, window didnt work, central locking didnt work, door wouldnt open etc. Cops didnt want to know about it.
Old 04-08-2010, 05:53 PM   #10
Dave3911

What are you guys expecting the cops to do with no evidence?
Pull an offender and a charge out of thin air?
Dave3911 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2010, 06:46 PM   #11
Seduce XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave3911
What are you guys expecting the cops to do with no evidence?
Pull an offender and a charge out of thin air?
Well in my case when I was 18 I had a new vehicle at the time that had a 2 tone paint job as in to 1 third was one shade & bottom 2 thirds were a darker shade of the same colour and 3 seperate times while working at night in a large store with car parked out front it was keyed & they made sure they did every panel & both shades also.

It was always parked at the same spot more or less but was hard to see out through the shop windows as inside was very bright with all the lights but I did try & keep an eye on it as much as I could & even had friends park across the road in the dark watching out but of course the morons were very random in there attacks so were never caught.

The police said was nothing they could do & said I must have been stirring someone up in some way as they agreed I was marked.

So it ended up needing 3 full resprays over 6 or 7 months, my insurance company wiped me while others would not insure me & these morons got away with such a low act laughing while smoking dope I would guess.

This is a low act when done to anyone & makes no sense or serves no purpose either.

If someone has an issue with me let them come & see me face to face.

Damm pathetic cowards
Seduce XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2010, 06:50 PM   #12
Seduce XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Oh I now always park my car where I can see it even if going for a walk in the park etc, I just walk back & forwards where my car is rather than going all the way along the path where I cannot see my car, should be no need for me to do this but are plenty of morons around so I would rather play it safe.
Seduce XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2010, 07:07 PM   #13
JimNiki
71Mach1

years ago when I was a teenager, I was parked legally outside my mate's house waiting for him with my engine on (had a 71 HG monaro).

Anyway an old bloke slowly backed out of his driveway and backed straight into my driver's side door and just took off like nothing happened.

I'd say he was ancient and unaware of his surroundings.
I called the cops without moving my car from the place of the incident and explained what happened.
Cop said, sorry, it's a civil matter, take him to court.

Anyway, when the man came back home later, I knocked on his door, explained to him what had happened and he told me to **** off and it was my fault cause I was parked in front of his driveway and made it difficult for him to get in and out of his driveway. I was livid! I was scheming all sorts of nasty things but eventally did nothing about it... I really hope I don't become like that...
violets are #0000FF
all my base
are belong to you
JimNiki is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2010, 07:13 PM   #14
bigsta
Making superman jealous

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimNiki
years ago when I was a teenager, I was parked legally outside my mate's house waiting for him with my engine on (had a 71 HG monaro).

Anyway an old bloke slowly backed out of his driveway and backed straight into my driver's side door and just took off like nothing happened.

I'd say he was ancient and unaware of his surroundings.
I called the cops without moving my car from the place of the incident and explained what happened.
Cop said, sorry, it's a civil matter, take him to court.

Anyway, when the man came back home later, I knocked on his door, explained to him what had happened and he told me to **** off and it was my fault cause I was parked in front of his driveway and made it difficult for him to get in and out of his driveway. I was livid! I was scheming all sorts of nasty things but eventally did nothing about it... I really hope I don't become like that...

How is that a civil matter.... sounds like that cop knew the guy who hit you because unless it happened on private property it most definitely is not a civil matter

2006 SY Territory Ghia AWD in ego with roof mount DVD, tints, 7 seats, iPod input

2005 Crewman Cross 8 with 350 cubic inches, AWD, black on black rims on black leather, tints and polished racks
NEW TOY Bayliner 185, inboard 3L 4 cylinder pushing us along at 50MPH whenever i get a chance

I love Aussie cars and are gonna really miss them soon.......
bigsta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2010, 08:16 PM   #15
fordomatic
Donating Member
Donating Member1

had my xr8 keyed in 2008, they did it so deep that the repairers had to bog the marks before they could respray. was 450 excess but the whole job cost $3500. i know who did it but i couldnt prove it, nearlry caught the little tird, chased him down the street then went to his parents house and told them, needless to say he was a "little angel" and would never do such a thing. he wont be doing it again to me, but i wont go there on this forum.
fordomatic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2010, 08:51 PM   #16
bigsta
Making superman jealous

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Lately i had some * let down my tyres and tried to get the hub out of the mag unsuccessfully scratching up the wheel i also had to replace a tyre as i drove up the street before noticing luckily im mates with a tyre guy as 235/30s are expensive

now they have sprayed the front of my fence and intercom, if i catch them its the last time they will be using there hands for anything

2006 SY Territory Ghia AWD in ego with roof mount DVD, tints, 7 seats, iPod input

2005 Crewman Cross 8 with 350 cubic inches, AWD, black on black rims on black leather, tints and polished racks
NEW TOY Bayliner 185, inboard 3L 4 cylinder pushing us along at 50MPH whenever i get a chance

I love Aussie cars and are gonna really miss them soon.......

Last edited by fairmont1998; 05-08-2010 at 08:46 PM. Reason: Please don't try to avoid the swear filter.
bigsta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2010, 09:31 PM   #17
[Tonko]
What's green is gold

Yep, had it done to my XD Ghia. It was no show car but had enormous sentiment to me (first rebuilt car) and having provided video footage of the act to the police, they said it was too grainy to make out. Besides they were out of camera shot for appox 5 seconds. Which apparently, when argued in court, that some other people of similar description and wearing similar clothes (bright jackets on a summer night) could have done it.

In the end it was just a big fat waste of time.

EF XR8 - Koni's - Cam and Headwork -3.9s - Ex VIC TMU -

1982 Nissan Patrol - 460 ci Big Block soon - Semi Gloss Black - Dark Tint - 4x 6" Infinity Kappa Perfect Splits - 5" Kappa 2 ways - Kappa 6x9's - 2x12" Kappa perfect subs - 2x4 Channel and 2x Mono Kappa amps-

[Tonko] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2010, 09:50 PM   #18
cant
CANT !!!!!!!!

Most people who back out of somewhere into your car panick (and run)

like my neibour, who was so used to backing straight out into my drive, she didnt even look, backed straight into my trailer and did a runner, i was standing there unloading it. WTF !!!!!!!!!

You are only required to leave 3meters of road space when parking

If they dont look or cant drive then its simply their fault.

As for the deliberate stuff, well, if im caught beating the **** out of some low life for doing damage to my pride and joy i will show the Judge this thread ! (and plead stupidity / self defence !!!! )

Better to be late, than
VERY LATE !!!! :

YEAH HA !!!!!!!!
cant is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2010, 10:59 PM   #19
XCwillo
Had Rep of GT-HO. Legit.

Oh man if i ever saw someone keying a car i'd seriously beat the cracker out of em!
It shites me off so much!
MY XC has a faint key mark down the passenger side, since its matte black paint its only noticeable in direct sunlight. But if i ever caught the lowlife scum that did it, holy crap id go bonkers!!

I look at it as they are just deep down inside penting abit of rage for the fact they cant own a car as awesome so they just key it cause they're jealous shits
GAH IT GETS ME A RAGIN SON!
Old 05-08-2010, 12:50 AM   #20
Express
Bathed In A Yellow Glow

One weekend about 15 years ago, I was living in Roseville, Sydney and the old fellow 3 houses along from my place went to almost every property on his side of the street and scratched the cars parked on the road and in the driveways with a screw driver.

He was seen by a number of people and his daughter who was looking after him said he could remember the days when most of the street was open fields and wanted it that way again. He thought scratching the cars would persuade all the residents to leave.

The Police were not prepared to do anything because of his age and state of mind.

It cost me a $1000 excess for a respray on newly sprayed HZ. Something like 20 cars were damaged that morning and in the eyes of the law, he could not be held accountable. The fact we were all out of pocket for the damage was bad luck for us.

A few months later he did it again, this time about a half a dozen cars were scratched before he was stopped and still nothing was done.

A sad situation for him to have lost his marbles but no-one was accountable for allowing him to wander the streets unattended.

Express is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2010, 01:49 AM   #21
Dezza
Parts bin special

I had mine keyed around Christmas 07'. They scratched the front left guard right down to the metal, the left rear door and both rear quarters. The scratches are still there.

Daily 2014 SZII Territory diesel - basic runabout

Previous Cars 1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - Tickford engine, 5 speed, SVO wheels, bodykit, much more
2000 AUII Fairmont - XR wheels, Ghia interior
2010 FG XR50T ute - XR8 bonnet, Streetfighter intake
Dezza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2010, 07:18 AM   #22
v gate

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordomatic
had my xr8 keyed in 2008, they did it so deep that the repairers had to bog the marks before they could respray. was 450 excess but the whole job cost $3500. i know who did it but i couldnt prove it, nearlry caught the little tird, chased him down the street then went to his parents house and told them, needless to say he was a "little angel" and would never do such a thing. he wont be doing it again to me, but i wont go there on this forum.
WORD!!!!
v gate is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2010, 08:55 AM   #23
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
Originally Posted by Express
One weekend about 15 years ago, I was living in Roseville, Sydney and the old fellow 3 houses along from my place went to almost every property on his side of the street and scratched the cars parked on the road and in the driveways with a screw driver.

He was seen by a number of people and his daughter who was looking after him said he could remember the days when most of the street was open fields and wanted it that way again. He thought scratching the cars would persuade all the residents to leave.

The Police were not prepared to do anything because of his age and state of mind.

It cost me a $1000 excess for a respray on newly sprayed HZ. Something like 20 cars were damaged that morning and in the eyes of the law, he could not be held accountable. The fact we were all out of pocket for the damage was bad luck for us.

A few months later he did it again, this time about a half a dozen cars were scratched before he was stopped and still nothing was done.

A sad situation for him to have lost his marbles but no-one was accountable for allowing him to wander the streets unattended.

That's the sad thing about alzheimers; take a leak on this guy, in 5 minutes he won't remember. You and the others should have taken the daughter to court for damages, then she may have elected to put him in a home.

Quote: