Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 17-05-2011, 10:46 PM   #91
ratter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Shares his in-depth tuning knowledge with the forum, very helpful. Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his indepth tutorial on adding borders to photographs 
Default Re: Defect help

Not correct, certain mods are legal, certain mod can be legal if the owner takes it upon themself to get the car tested and passed if it meets legal requirements

Authorised Streetfighter, Pcmtec , SCT & HP Tuners Tuning Agent,
ratter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2011, 12:24 AM   #92
atec77
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by napmatt
technically, any mod is illegal, the car has to be as it was from the factory, end of story..
nup
not no way etc
atec77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2011, 12:34 AM   #93
84xespac
Wearing an armadillo hat

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat4D
well exhaust is solved called the guys who did my exhaust originally and they said they have a few rego systems they rent out which i thought was hilarious, now just to raise it up a bit
GOLD!!
84xespac is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2011, 02:30 AM   #94
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Sounds like you got a bid of bad luck with your inspector.

The guy that did the VIV on mine (the XR8), reinspected everything - told me the exhaust was 3DB too loud, but he'd let it go, and that it was too low (exhaust scrapes were evident), but I explained that I had raised it from SSL to stock XR height, so the scraping was from previous height. He said it needs to be at least 100mm from the ground, and it didn't quite meet that - I pointed out that it was way above 100mm (in a humourous way - the car was over the pit) - he laughed and said "I'm going to let it go this time". Top bloke, and he even knew it was a pre-Rebel AU2 220 and that there weren't many of them around. Sounds like I was lucky on that day!
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2011, 03:11 PM   #95
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by napmatt
technically, any mod is illegal, the car has to be as it was from the factory, end of story..

That's what I like about AFF...there's always a comedian
Old 19-05-2011, 04:30 PM   #96
fat4D
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

well suspension is sorted, went an bought a set of new monroe front shocks and spring compressors, plan is to put my stock springs back onto the stock shocks and then have 2 different sets a rego set and a lowered set. just need to pull them out and do the swapping over. new bump stops $55 each! talk about a rip off! oh and a boot grommet for 5 bucks. so a week ahead of pulling suspension out and fiddling around and it will be defect spec. oh and also decided to just buy a tiny shut down muffler which is only costing me 200 figure saves me going through the whole process of hiring etc in the future
Old 06-06-2011, 06:58 PM   #97
fat4D
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

IT PASSED!!!!! well that was a relief as they were going to cancel my rego as of tomorow with no refund. only just scrapped by with the exhaust, couldn't believe it has xforce 4inch dump and cat then a stock standard xr8 exhaust and it was still 93db's but this guy was fairly good and let me pass when i told him they were canceling my rego the next day.

although one interesting thing about this was that through the whole process i haven't had a rego sticker displayed and have got not one question about it, wonder if they are actually leaning towards no stickers because the computers in their cars are so good?
Old 06-06-2011, 07:13 PM   #98
bodes-sh
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat4D

although one interesting thing about this was that through the whole process i haven't had a rego sticker displayed and have got not one question about it, wonder if they are actually leaning towards no stickers because the computers in their cars are so good?
it's possible, from the start of 2010 there have been no rego stickers for light vehicles in wa, they reckon it's saving them heaps of money. it also seems they have stopped sending you out a receipt when you pay your rego online, lol

well done on getting it passed though.
bodes-sh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-06-2011, 08:12 PM   #99
fat4D
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

turned into a very costly exercise. If i thought about it from the start i should have got it engineered and saved myself 1000