Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 18-06-2007, 05:30 PM   #1
BPXR6T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default XR5 Fun

We cained the shite out of an XR5 today. I didn't get a steer but it was still good fun. Someone told me they were hard to stall so we jumped off the clutch at the lights and it just coasted away, cool!

The seats are excellent, even though I'm 6'2" and built pretty solid I still had stacks of room. The interior plastics felt a bit cheap but there were nice touches like the brushed alloy XR5 door jam inserts. I noted they forgot to rebadge the motor, it still says ST.

The exhaust wasn't that loud, I expected it to be more intrusive. Overall its a nice well built car with plenty of go that handles significantly better than most. I really think I need one.

BPXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-06-2007, 07:11 PM   #2
bman

yep! i love mine! Solid performer!

- 17 x Ford Falcon XT BF - Within my Fleet -
- 4 x Ford Falcon XR6 BF - Within my Fleet -
- 110 x Mitsubishi Express - Within my Fleet -
- 2 x Hyundai iLoad - Within my Fleet -
bman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-06-2007, 08:13 PM   #3
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Wouldn't mind having a fang in one myself.
FPV8U is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-06-2007, 08:19 PM   #4
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hopefully it'll be my next car.
Ives is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-06-2007, 08:30 PM   #5
freak6
superlow

my sis ownes a silver 06 xr5t and yer these think fly.
my sis went from a daewoo lanos to the xr5t.lol bit of an upgrade!!
there are a few takie things about them like the fuel cap and the center consol and in the 07 model theres no rear power windows.
freak6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-06-2007, 08:51 PM   #6
FOCUSonTHIS
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

In the 07 model there is rear power windows. There was a mix up in production and the made a batch without rear power windows. The problem has been fixed. With people who have rear power windows were giving $1,000 off the vehicle

2002 AUIII XR6
1995 EF Falcon XR6
2003 LR Focus Zetec
1989 KE Laser TX3
FOCUSonTHIS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-06-2007, 09:07 PM   #7
freak6
superlow

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOCUSonTHIS
In the 07 model there is rear power windows. There was a mix up in production and the made a batch without rear power windows. The problem has been fixed. With people who have rear power windows were giving $1,000 off the vehicle
i think you mean the people without power window got the $1000 rebate.
im well aware of what was goin on we spent a few weeks talking to people from ford, seaching the web and talking to a friend from ford in europe.
the power windows are wicked. i love how you can do them all down when you unlock the car it looks so cool.
freak6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post