Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 09-07-2007, 06:28 PM   #1
220kwxr8
Starter Motor

Default Single Beep Noise From Dash

i,

Im getting a single beep coming from the dash of my AU XR everytime i brake a little harder than normal and also when i take off from a standing start a little hard and go into 2nd gear loosing a little traction. Anyone have any ideas what this maybe ?? I did have to use the ABS a few days ago, which made the same beep noise?

Any Help would be great.

Regards
220kwxr8

220kwxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-07-2007, 06:37 PM   #2
ReVd_uP
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It may sound funny, but check you wiper washer fluid level, early AUs beep when the water is low, and on take off and when braking the water may swish around enough for the sensor to think its empty
ReVd_uP is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-07-2007, 06:43 PM   #3
Sam_Boss260
Have Boost, will use it..

Not trying to sound smart..... but my BA does that when I have the boot open. ie boot lid is down but not completley closed. Sudden movements in the rear cause the sensor to triger a short and single beep.

Go round the back and see if you can lift the boot lid.
Sam_Boss260 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-07-2007, 01:19 AM   #4
220kwxr8
Starter Motor

Thank you for the replies.

ill try the washer fluid thing cause that does sound logical.

as for checking the boot thank you for the idea but i have a ute hehehe
thanks
your help has been great and i will keep you updated.

Regards
220kwxr8
220kwxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post