Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 21-09-2007, 05:15 PM   #1
red_hotxr6
Banned

Default Pinkenba hoons

Any one hear about the lady/woman in a holden clubsport trying to do burnouts in the carpark, lost it and wiped out 4-5 other parked cars.Apparently it happened last night.Geez i hope she was insured..

red_hotxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-09-2007, 05:18 PM   #2
TEaaron
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If she had a ford she wouldn't have to try so hard.

E32 740iL Leather, sound system, rollin' on 19's
TEaaron is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-09-2007, 06:11 PM   #3
Addz08
"FEED IT"

[QUOTE=red_hotxr6]Any one hear about the lady/woman in a holden clubsport trying to do burnouts in the carpark, lost it and wiped out 4-5 other parked cars.Apparently it happened last night.Geez i hope she was insured..[/QUO

Dunno if it will be covered by insurance, now that it's been on the telly..

Last edited by Addz08; 21-09-2007 at 06:12 PM. Reason: spelling
Addz08 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-09-2007, 07:25 PM   #4
Dilan

Which clubby was it? Not an e-series
Dilan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-09-2007, 07:32 PM   #5
red_hotxr6
Banned

It was on ch9 afterwards, the police said, this type of thing doesnt happen very often. The security guard said, this happens every thursday and friday nights, lol wonder whats going to happen now.Those 2 nights everyweek for 1 month will have half of the police force down there and being heavy handed.
Old 21-09-2007, 09:26 PM   #6
tabletennisman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilan
Which clubby was it? Not an e-series
VT/VX
tabletennisman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-09-2007, 10:04 PM   #7
Envious
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

she also managed to hit a teenage bystander/onlooker/slackjawed cheerperson, pretty sure he is still in hospital..
Old 21-09-2007, 10:42 PM   #8
Hunter
Ex EL Falcon

Ahh I'm not really surprised this happened at Pinkenba.... the whole area is a hoon's paradise because its usually fairly quiet (except for trucks and shift workers from the docks, oil terminal and aircraft maintenance areas, etc. Drive all the way along Kingsford Smith Drive and as far out as the north-east end of the airport you will find skidmarks all over the place. There's one section of the road that is very long, very flat and very straight, which is why it is so popular. Lomandra Drive (which runs through the airport's southern end) is also full of skidmarks.

If you're going to be a fool and drop burnouts, don't do it near people, I have no idea why people insist on doing them NEAR PEOPLE when clearly its obvious that something *could* quite easily go pearshaped and you *could* quite easily stuff up and get yourself out of control.
Old 22-09-2007, 07:48 AM   #9
au2sw
Blown 5L coming

and the only problem is, its only a small group of idiots that ruin it for everyone else. as soon as people satrt doing burnouts and generally being stupid, everyone else in the area is immediatly labelled a hoon. this happens everywhere. enthusiasts can be meeting at a certain spot for months and the police wont bother them as they arent doing anything illegal. then a small "contingent" of idiots turn up, start doing burnouts, the police come around, and that ruins it all from there. and of course its blown out of proportion when the media jump on the band wagon and start labelling everyone as hoons.
just my 2 cents
also i think its a bit unfair that the owners of the cars that were damaged could be facing loss of their vehicles under new hooning laws though, no matter what type of car it was.

NEW CLUB FOR SUNSHINE COAST !! www.f-p-e.proboards.com

Contact Col (au2sw) via PM or on MSN @ efmonty@hotmail.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hardware
Its like central locking in your car. We've all had cars without it and we were fine then, but try and take it from me? NO WAY.
au2sw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-09-2007, 09:32 AM   #10
red_hotxr6
Banned

Actually i cant understand why, if there are so many of these people, guys/girls that want to do this sort of thing why they dont try a see if they can " get" somewhere that is vacant and use it as a designated place to wreck there cars, legally, cause i know how much money i have spent on my car, how much time and effort, and there is no way i am going to mis treat it like these people do.But that is there perrogative, and if it was done legally and with someone with a little commonsense, because someone could have been just as easily killed thursday night, to make sure that everyone and all cars are safely away from the " danger" area.And doing it this way is not "HOONING", a hoon is someone who continues to abuse the road rules with his/her car on a public road.
Old 22-09-2007, 03:34 PM   #11
TeamQldRacing
XR6Turbo

Maybe time to get a north side venue up and running again (Lakeside) and get the pollies and Police onside .... www.lakesideraceway.com.au are working on it and need all the support they can get
TeamQldRacing is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-09-2007, 03:36 PM   #12
TeamQldRacing
XR6Turbo

sorry was www.lakesideraceway.com
cheers
TeamQldRacing is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-09-2007, 03:38 PM   #13
Creampuff
149 rwkw of Style

Damn..can't get that site working!!!
Old 22-09-2007, 03:45 PM   #14