Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 27-09-2007, 05:16 PM   #1
ClassicAU
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Heathcote anyone?

I was thinking of going up to Heathcote this Sunday for the "Super Sunday" test and tune day. I have not run my car there since the manual conversion, and am interested to see if i can improve on my time. Its more a practice thing to get some experience with shifting. Put some of the great advice i have collected from various people into practice. That and i have nothing better to do :P
If anyone is interested, i would love some company, if your not too hung over from the AFL Grand Final festivities!

Evan

ClassicAU is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-09-2007, 05:39 PM   #2
superroo
You can't stop the signal

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Has done quite a few excellent write ups for au .com 

Dang, working other wise i would.

Good luck even. You'll do fine

Cheers
superroo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-09-2007, 11:57 AM   #3
XR6Stu

How much will it cost? IM just up the road in Bendigo
XR6Stu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-09-2007, 02:54 PM   #4
ClassicAU
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well, it was a nice drive up there this morning, and that's about it! I stupidly thought the rain would have cleared by the time i got to Heathcote, but no such luck. Better luck next time i guess.

Oh, and it usually costs $40 to race for the day on a Sunday.

Evan
Old 30-09-2007, 03:28 PM   #5
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

You got slicks? Last time I went on a Super Sunday, they didn't prep the starting line as well as they do for club days. Running on street tyres, I was getting better grip on road tarmac. Even Calder friday nights were better for traction. Or maybe it was just a bad day.

Might come for another fang so when you're up next let us know.

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
T3rminator is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-09-2007, 08:57 PM   #6
ClassicAU
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

No slicks, I don't have enough power for race tyres. I just want to practice my take-offs mostly anyway. I have only ever run the car 3 times since converting to manual. Hopefully we can get some better weather soon enough!

Evan