Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 21-10-2007, 02:02 AM   #1
bathurst77
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Corsair

Why no corsair forum?

I nearly bought one years ago..except it was $h!+e.
Was the corsair the worst car ford oz ever made?
nissan pubic was made from corsairs...

bathurst77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-10-2007, 12:08 PM   #2
Fairlane
V8 Powaah

Well Ford didnt make it. It was and always has been a Nissan Pintara. Check out the Nissan forums dont really need it here, just like the Ford Maverick they are Nissans, from what ive heard they werent that bad and for 1990 or so the old KA24 was a pretty smicko motor.

XF S pack Sedan- AU 302 Windsor, T5, 2.77 LSD, Many Mods
Fairlane is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-10-2007, 12:28 PM   #3
MNM96
LIFELONG DJR SUPPORTER

Bathurst77, thanks for sharing that brain fart with us! Nothing better to do, like clean dust from between the treads on your tyres with a cotton tip?
Truth is the Corsair (Pintara platform) was pretty good for a front driver, and in Manual form especially, it went very well as a Camry alternative!

Mike.
MNM96 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-10-2007, 12:31 PM   #4
Steffo
LPG > You

I had a Pintara Executive 2.0 Auto (Corsair GL) as a first car. They're horrible. 83kW 168Nm 2.0L SOHC 8-valve engine with 8.5:1 compression and twin spark plugs. Worst design ever. It would ping on 91 RON (wtf!?) so I had to run 95 in it, and it drank like mad. 17L/100km city, 10L/100km highway. The ride was nice though... it was like driving a cloud. And the steering/handling was decent for an early-90s cheap family sedan. I can't say anything bad about its reliability though. It never gave me grief - except the previous owner stuffed up the electrics pretty bad. I sold it to a mate who drove it for nearly 2 yrs and he's sold it again, still going.

The Pintara T (Corsair Ghia) with the 2.4L 96kW 198Nm 4-cyl SOHC 8v engine (KA24E) went alot better then the Executive/GL. To the tune of 8.9 to 100km/h and 15.9 1/4 in manual form vs 10.7 and 17.7 for the 2.0L car. They also drank alot more fuel... which wouldn't be nice.

There was never a Ford version of the Pintara TR-X, the sporty one. 2.4 engine, bodykit, alloys etc etc.

They're an okay first car I suppose, they're fairly cheap. But yeah... I don't think there'd be much use of a forum on them here.
LPG Lovers Association President & Member #1.

:
Steffo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-10-2007, 01:39 PM   #5
bathurst77
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

YEh it was a brain fart after a few bevvies.

move on.. nothing to see
bathurst77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-10-2007, 01:48 PM   #6
MNM96
LIFELONG DJR SUPPORTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by bathurst77
YEh it was a brain fart after a few bevvies.

move on.. nothing to see

Good call! I never noticed the time, I was prolly the same at 1am
MNM96 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post