Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 22-10-2007, 07:38 PM   #1
AU XR6 UTE

Default custum rear bar for my AU

hey guys i am looking at getting a rear bar for my AU UTE , i have found the one i like. its from a place in melbourne called (bayside bumpers) anyone dealt with them before?

they have a twin exhaust rear bar which i want but. therefore down the track i would get the twin exhaust too suit. the problem i have which i have read apparently the fuel tank on the AU's gets in the way of the exhaust coming out the left side? is this true if so show can i over come this problem.

cheers Darren

AU XR6 UTE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-10-2007, 08:38 PM   #2
poolkeeper
Its Resonating!

same as fibresports one??
www.awcinfo.com
poolkeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-10-2007, 08:49 PM   #3
AU XR6 UTE

Default hey

yeah its pritty much the same. have u got one on your car
Old 22-10-2007, 09:10 PM   #4
poolkeeper
Its Resonating!

nope few people on here do though, cant remember them at the moment though...
poolkeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-10-2007, 09:26 PM   #5
AU XR6 UTE

Default hey

so do you know if the fuel tank is in the way ?
Old 23-10-2007, 11:13 AM   #6
Mikal52
WINDSOR

I have a dual system on my xls. not sure how it goes past the tank though ill have a look tonight for ya. Im looking at the same rear bar as you also

Michael
Mikal52 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2007, 10:50 PM   #7
Mikal52
WINDSOR

had a quick look at my system today, the whole system goes down the left hand side all the way the end of the fuel tank then it splits to either side, not sure if this is how they all are though.... hope it helps.

Michael
Mikal52 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2007, 11:27 PM   #8
DoreSlamR
Fiat POWAAH!

Is this the rear bar you're looking at?

It would be interesting to see how the pipes go, on my ute i have twin pipes but they poke out to the edges of the back like so:

Obviously if i ever decided to get that rear bar i'd need to redo the pipes.
DoreSlamR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-10-2007, 09:47 PM   #9
AU XR6 UTE

Default yeah mate

yeah mate thats the one i sent fibre sports a email about the fuel tank quieries should hear from them soon. just go to deside if i want to get rid of the reverse light and upgrade to ba lights indiactor as a part of the tail lights not seperate i dont know??? hope that makes sense
Old 24-10-2007, 10:18 PM   #10
b2tf
not here much anymore

On the AU sedans the fuel tank makes it impossible to do a twin outlet system (i.e. one pipe either side), but on the utes its not an issue, can be done quite easily. From what im told the easiest way is to run a twin system then send them in opposite directions after the diff.

Im in the process of sourcing parts to do something very similar to my ute - will be running a twin 2.5" system with quad outlets in the middle as per that Fibresports pic, but keeping the original style rear bar. I'll be fitting a BF rear bar to remove the reverse light (but still looks exactly the same as the AU bar),and putting in some BF taillights to finish the job. Should come up pretty well, and is something a bit different from your typical Pursuit style rear bars.
Old 24-10-2007, 10:41 PM   #11
AU XR6 UTE

Default hey mate

cheers for the info mate. you know how u said that you were gonna put a bf rear on yours how you gonna match the tub skirts ? are you gonna put your au ones on the BF rear bar?

cheers Darren
Old 27-10-2007, 08:29 PM   #12
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by AU XR6 UTE
cheers for the info mate. you know how u said that you were gonna put a bf rear on yours how you gonna match the tub skirts ? are you gonna put your au ones on the BF rear bar?

cheers Darren
Sorry to dig up an old thread but yes, that is correct, i will be re-fitting the AU side skirts to the BF bar.