Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 26-10-2007, 04:22 PM   #1
lostdude

Default au 1, drivers seat belt.

Hey guys, does anyone have the same problem as my drivers seat belt where the plastic cover that covers the B pillar is rubbing on the seat belt everytime i pull it out and is shredding it?
I'm on my second seat belt and the guy from the wreckers told me its a common problem and they had a different design with the au s2, would i be able to fit the series 2 seat belt?

thanks.

lostdude is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-10-2007, 04:49 PM   #2
blacklabel

Yep,have that problem as well mate!
All I do every couple of months is the old "lighted match" trick where you just quickly use a ciggy lighter or match to flame the burrs on the edge of the seatbelt smooth.
The other thing I did was, drill a small (5mm) hole at the edge of the cut that the belt has made in the plastic-it stops the belt cutting any further into it.
You can also spray a bit of silicone lube(CRC 808) over the 8 inches or so of seatbelt edges that are constantly going in and out of the mechanism.
Good luck!
blacklabel is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-10-2007, 06:51 PM   #3
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

This is a link to the details of the seatbelt conversion I did a few years back. It wasn't because it was rubbing but because I wanted the adjustability. The S2-3 setup on the S1 works well enough, rubbing much less, but the swivel mechanism isn't the same as on the S2-3, so if you do a conversion like I did, get a S2-3 seatbelt (or swivel) also.

All the best with it.

GK

Seatbelt conversion
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showpos...1&postcount=78

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-10-2007, 06:52 PM   #4
whiskers
gone fishing

yep have the same prob here but not as bad as yours it seems although there is a fix on here to put the series2 adjusters on where ours is http://www.fordforums.com.au/showpos...1&postcount=78 have a look at this

woops you got in before me gk
whiskers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-10-2007, 07:50 PM   #5
lostdude

thanks guys, i think thats my weekend planned for. :
lostdude is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post